2011 Hyundai Sonata

Based on 754 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Stunning to look at, painful in the long run.

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage, features for the money, looks"

Cons: "Lack of reliability"

"The looks and fuel mileage sold me on this car, but sadly its spent as much time in the shop than on the road. Plan on repairs at each oil change interval. Mine left me stranded once, without a/c once, without a radio twice, with an air bag light once, a noise in the front end that the dealer either can't or won't verify, and now that the base warranty has expired, a check engine light that indicates o2 sensor problems. Enough is enough. It's outta here."

Cant Decide if I like it or Dislike it...

By on Friday, July 09, 2010

"I have mixed feelings when it comes to the 2011 Sonata Limited. When I went to Antwerpen to test drive it, I thought it was elegant looking.It sort of reminded me of a newer looking Mercedes. I looked at the engine specs, 200 HP from an I4! thats crazy for a 4 cyl! It drove really well, which is somewhat of a surprise for me since Ive driven American and European. Decent getup from an I4. However, there were aspects that were cons on this car. 1. HUGE BODY. trying to park this thing is like parallel parking a semi with a trailer attached to it. there were some blind spots, but I hear this issue can be fixed with the addition of a backup camera which Hyundai would add no charge. 2. Limited Options. there were only one or two colors that made this car look amazing and the leather would be the only way to go, due to the fact that the cloth material in the lower end models was cheap. It faded with a single swipe of my finger. As the title says, I cant decide, do I like the new Sonata, or dislike it?"

Done with Hyundai

By on Thursday, December 06, 2007

"2004 Sonata one owner in the shop 6 times so far. Three of them transmission related. Dont waste your money."

Hyundai Sonata GLS Provides Speed and Comfort

By on Sunday, August 23, 2015

Pros: "Great Looks - Nice Interior - Plenty of Technology"

Cons: "Sun Roof - Leather Seats - Passenger Seat Controls"

"I was an owner of a 2009 Honda Fit Sport. Going from 115 HP to almost 200 HP in a 4 cylinder car is quite a jump in power for us so the non-limited was fine with us. Bought our Sonata used and from the reviews we should have a pain-free vehicle for some time to come. Routine maintenance is understandable, like oil changes, but I hope it's not much more than that. My Honda had about 130,000 on it and around 110,000 needed major tune up work so I did it as the factory required. This Hyundai only has 34,450 miles on it when purchased and is still like new. I would have purchased the fully loaded 2.0T Limited but it was too high for our price line. The GLS is loaded with amenities with only three things I would have liked to see in the GLS and that is sunroof, leather heated seats all the way around, plus electronic seat controls on the passenger side. But we will get around that and it's not a real big deal. Overall great looking car with a nice amount of power and nice interior refinements. I drove many BMWs in the past and that is the only reason this car did not score a 10 out of 10 with me."

i have 2 and love them both!!

By on Friday, May 29, 2015

Pros: "Great car!"

Cons: "none noted!"

"Sonata builds an excellent product that is both stylish and fuel efficient. My only reason for a trade of one of them is because we need an SUV!"