2011 Hyundai Sonata

Based on 754 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

love this car

By on Sunday, May 13, 2012

Pros: "good gas mileage, fun to drive, great handling"

Cons: "no power seat controls on passenger side"

"i have upgraded to this car from a 2005 Civic and what an upgrade it is. what i ended up paying for this car was not much for then the civic, but is worlds better. a bunch of other reviews stated road noise but i would say the road noise is not really an issue. Although i have heard that it could be the tires not the car. only thing i wish it had was power seat controls on the passenger side, since it has nice electronic adjustment for the driver side. And even having a much bigger engine then that Civic i had and it gets about the same MPGs."

Will never own another car

By on Friday, September 13, 2013

Pros: "Smooth ride, comfortable, great value for price"

Cons: "nothing"

"Absolutely love the Hyundai Sonata. Bought it used and still runs wonderfully. Most comfortable car for the price with many features that come standard compared to other cars that you will have to pay extra for. Get gas mileage around 31 highway and 25 city. I love the luxury of the Sonata and the great customer service I have received at multiple different Hyundai dealerships. I never want to own another car other than Hyundai."

Love my Sonata-It is my 2nd one

By on Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pros: "Sporty, handles well and spacious"

Cons: "I wish they had moonroofs on the SE models."

"This is my second Sonata. My 2011 had some issue with the brake switch and a few other minor issue. I always get tons of compliments on my car. It handles well, has a lot of "get up and go" to it, and the interior is great! I love all the room, trunk space, cup holders, sport seats and the blue interior lights. The only negative thing so far is that I had to have the Rocker Panel repainted. The paint was flaking off, I was told that mine was not the only one with this issue. Hyundai repainted it and I am happy with the outcome."

Very nice vehicle

By on Thursday, October 06, 2011

"Purchased the 2012 Sonata Limited Turbo. Love everything about it so far. Has a lot of nice options and drives nicely. feels like V6."

Overwhelmed by the power, and reliability

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, efficient, economical 28 to 30 MP"

Cons: "Slightly stiff on the schock absorbers,"

"I was always liked a big car, big engine, flashy car. I thought I would be humbled by a smaller engine car. My mouth fell open when I stepped on the gas out in the open and saw my speedometer hit 110 with absolute control. The compliments I get when I park my car at a restaurant and there is a line of people waiting to get in gives me goosebumps. It is a flashy apple red with beige leather interior that catches the eyes. I am a retired law enforcement officer and have been a high speed driving instructor, sure would like to take it out on the high speed trac."

Proud, happy, satisfied Sonata owner

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Pros: "sleek, sexy, and fun - inside and out"

Cons: "not as roomy as I'd like"

"I bought my 2011 Sonata in June of 2011, and have had it just over a year. I didn't want to write a review until I had time to actually drive it to give an honest opinion. I...love...this...car. I opted for the 2.0 Turbo, and regret nothing! As someone else stated, it sacrifices a few miles if you have a heavy foot, but still gets good mileage. I'm not very technical as far as the way motors and cars work in general, so before buying I asked a lot of the engineers I work with (we manufacture parts for diesel engines, so most of these guys have strong opinions about cars). They were all very certain that the Sonata would be a great car. Like others who've reviewed, I test drove other cars - Mazdas, Fords, Scions, Volkswagons - but my mind stayed on the Sonata. I drove a Toyota Camry before I owned this, which I liked, but am very happy with my decision. I have the bluetooth, navigation, XM radio, etc., and am glad I got it. Sometimes the bluetooth doesn't always work on the first try, but always comes around. Also, the car was recalled not long after I got it, but not for anything major. It took them about 30 minutes with my car to solve the issue. Hyundai seems to be good at making the recalls in a timely fashion to ensure the safety of its customers. The only other thing that bothers me about the car is that there are currently no racks that can go on top of the car (like they can for Jettas or other sedans). I would like to be able to put a kayak rack on top, but want to make sure it is secure and safe. I paid around $27k for the car, and while I did not have a good experience in the purchasing process (Hyundai Dealership in Columbia, SC off of I-20, Clemson Road) I absolutely love this decision. If you are thinking about getting this car, do!"

Best vehicle I've owned.

By on Saturday, June 30, 2012

Pros: "NO COMPROMISES!!"

Cons: "None."

"Compared the Sonata to the Camry, Accord, Malibu and Fusion and couldn't come up with a reason to do anything but buy the Sonata. After the first year, the car is as good as advertised and better in many respects. On trips, I regularly get 40MPG (not hybrid!) and with the value Hyundai provided, I was able to buy after-market DVD players for the headrests (dealer installed) and the kids love them. I can't think of a single thing I compromised by getting the Sonata."

Affordable Luxury

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pros: "killer interior design, turbo power/mpg, affordabl"

Cons: "cold idle is loud, computer mpg way optimistic"

"Picked up a 2.0Turbo Limited with all options, 10,000 miles for $11k under sticker! Cherry red and tan leather. This is an awesome car in about every way. Big, roomy, luxury. Sleek and sexy, powerful, smooth, reliable (so far, nearing 30,000 miles). Pet peaves - cold engine starts the idle is rough and noisy but that only lasts for about 10-15 sec. The ride is a little louder than others, such as Camry, and its not the smoothest on bumps. Also, I'm an engineer and it really bugs me that the computer over estimates mpg by nearly 3 mpg on avg. That's fraud in my opinion leading people to believe they are getting better mileage than they really are. I know there are better algorithms that could do a better job estimating. Reality is overall getting 28-29 mpg although it really depends on mow you drive it. Stay off the turbo and get 30+. But when you need that turbo its definitely there! Overall I love this car! Feels like driving an Infiniti M35 for the price of Honda Civic!"

Greatest value around

By on Saturday, August 25, 2012

Pros: "Great price , great looks fun to drive price good"

Cons: "No memory seat setting"

"I ain,t no spring chicken. Owned lots of very expensive cars. This one is great value fun to drive and makes me feel young. A whole lot less than the. Jag XKE V12 I once had. Gas mileage is good too. Great looking car."

Best in Power, super Quiet!

By on Sunday, August 05, 2012

"I changed to Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires, it's super quiet now , also checked internet , Yokohama Envigor tires give same quiet ride. It has power when you need it for passing and a fuel miser , 35 to 37 mpg at 70 mph. I owned several car brands before, this one is fantastic. They have employed German engineers and designers from AUDI, so this is not the HYUNDAI 10 yrs ago. Go, give it a try, it won't disappoint."