2011 Hyundai Sonata

Based on 732 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Best in Power, super Quiet!

By on Sunday, August 05, 2012

"I changed to Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires, it's super quiet now , also checked internet , Yokohama Envigor tires give same quiet ride. It has power when you need it for passing and a fuel miser , 35 to 37 mpg at 70 mph. I owned several car brands before, this one is fantastic. They have employed German engineers and designers from AUDI, so this is not the HYUNDAI 10 yrs ago. Go, give it a try, it won't disappoint."

Proud, happy, satisfied Sonata owner

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Pros: "sleek, sexy, and fun - inside and out"

Cons: "not as roomy as I'd like"

"I bought my 2011 Sonata in June of 2011, and have had it just over a year. I didn't want to write a review until I had time to actually drive it to give an honest opinion. I...love...this...car. I opted for the 2.0 Turbo, and regret nothing! As someone else stated, it sacrifices a few miles if you have a heavy foot, but still gets good mileage. I'm not very technical as far as the way motors and cars work in general, so before buying I asked a lot of the engineers I work with (we manufacture parts for diesel engines, so most of these guys have strong opinions about cars). They were all very certain that the Sonata would be a great car. Like others who've reviewed, I test drove other cars - Mazdas, Fords, Scions, Volkswagons - but my mind stayed on the Sonata. I drove a Toyota Camry before I owned this, which I liked, but am very happy with my decision. I have the bluetooth, navigation, XM radio, etc., and am glad I got it. Sometimes the bluetooth doesn't always work on the first try, but always comes around. Also, the car was recalled not long after I got it, but not for anything major. It took them about 30 minutes with my car to solve the issue. Hyundai seems to be good at making the recalls in a timely fashion to ensure the safety of its customers. The only other thing that bothers me about the car is that there are currently no racks that can go on top of the car (like they can for Jettas or other sedans). I would like to be able to put a kayak rack on top, but want to make sure it is secure and safe. I paid around $27k for the car, and while I did not have a good experience in the purchasing process (Hyundai Dealership in Columbia, SC off of I-20, Clemson Road) I absolutely love this decision. If you are thinking about getting this car, do!"

LOVE My Sonata 2.0T

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Best value for looks, comfort"

Cons: "Pulls to the left at speeds over 40 mph"

"I chose the Sonata with the Turbo engine and I am so happy with my purchase. I have driven it for a full year and I would buy the exact same car if I had to do it all over again. It looks sharp, it's extremely comfortable and the pickup is pretty amazing. The trunk is a great size and the backseat has a surprising amount of leg room. My 6'4" husband is very comfortable as a passenger and driver. I am only 5'3" and I love it too! I love the layout of the interior. I didn't care much about the push-button start feature or the blue tooth, but I am thrilled I have these conveniences now. Easily unlocking my car or popping the trunk without digging for keys is wonderful! The one thing I'm dissappointed about is that my car (and other Sonatas from what I've heard) pulls to the left at speeds over 40 mph. I've had it looked at, there was a recal that I took it in for, I've had the tires rotated, etc. The problem hasn't been solved and that stinks. I still love the car though."

Love this car!

By on Thursday, January 05, 2012

Pros: "great safety, great milage, fun drive"

Cons: "3000-mile oil change requirement on the turbo"

"We went from a Nissan Maxima, which was fun to drive, to this car earlier this year. This car holds its own, for sure! Pretty of power and steering agility. Comfortable seats (my boss comments everytime she's a passenger about nice the seats are). The gas milage over the 2006 Maxima is AMAZING. We have saved $250 a month in gas (we drive 80 miles a day)."

Great car for the money

By on Monday, December 26, 2011

Pros: "Great car for the money"

Cons: "None so far"

"We wanted a comfortable, stylish, performing and reliable vehicle for my family. I have owned many different sports cars, suv's and trucks. We went with the 2.0 turbo on our SE Sonata and what a great performing engine. No turbo lag and it gets up and goes. Enough power to spin the tires considerably from a stop light on acceleration. Gas mileage is averaging around 26mpg and I have a heavy foot. This is primarily my wifes' car as she wanted out of her suv into something better on gas and more exciting to drive. The interior is actually very nice for a car in the mid to high 20's price tag. Plenty of leg room (I'm 6'3" 240lbs) for my family. The car handles nicely, although a little more driver feedback through the steering would be nice, but I realize its not a sports car so I can't complain too much. The paddle shifters on the steering wheel are a nice touch as well. I really can't think of a negative with this car. Hopefully the reliability will match or beat our past hondas and toyotas (still own a toyota). Years ago I would've never given Hyundai a chance for my money, but they have certainly been doing things right over the past few years with their car lineup and reliability scores. The Sonata is a great car with a great value."