2011 Hyundai Sonata

Based on 673 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

55,000 miles. Not a single issue with the car.

By on Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Pros: "Just a great all around solid value for the money"

Cons: "back seats not that confortable for long trip"

"Drives great. Good mileage: approx. 26-28 miles per gallon. GPS works great. I added auto sun/moon roof...love it. I would buy another Hyundai product."

Great highway

By on Monday, November 03, 2014

Pros: "Very reliable"

Cons: "better gas mileage. I get 34/30 summer/winter"

"Really a great vehicle. I drive highway 120 miles per day for my job. I'm already at 48,000 miles and have had no major wear and tear on the vehicle. I've had to replace the tires once. There was one part recall but it was nothing that really affected my vehicle. I find it comfortable but my significant other does not."

best of the best sonata gls 2.4

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Pros: "great price,fun to drive"

"The handling is perfect i like sensitive steering wheel make you more professional.The engine 195 hp perfect for a busy freeway everyday and gas mileage 39 to 45 miles/gal just perfect. Not to fast ,not to slow.Good job HYUNDIA.The 2015 sonata pls put it back the horsepower or make it even 200hp w/ the same gas mileage coz it feels boring the 175hp.Im not fun of turbo, maintenance wise.Im looking forward for a 200+hp, same gas mileage 39 to 45."

Excellent vehicle for your value

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pros: "See body of review."

Cons: "Drivers seat needs better support"

"I have no complains about my 2013 Hyundai Sonata that I bought new back then. I've had it for two years exactly and have put over 30,000 miles each year. I've been lucky to only have to do my typical oil changes every 3,000 miles which seems often (monthly) because I love driving the car due to the fairly good gas mileage. I use to own a Dodge Ram 2500 pickup truck that got 11 MPG so this was quite a relief from that. The 2013 Sonata typically gets about 28 MPG on the Highway which I got to say is pretty good since I'm always doing around 80 MPH. It has about 200 HP which is also pretty decent for a 2.5L 4 cyl. I would definitely purchase another Sonata.Pros: Spacious for larger passengers, Trunk space is huge, decent gas mileage (with schedule maintenance's), car is affordable, 100k maintenance package included (Who else offers that in a comparable market?), XM satellite radio, BlueLink (awesome ideas built in.. Unlock you car from your smart phone app... if you want to purchase this car for your teenager then you can track speeds and be notified of locations). Cons: Blue book value of this car depreciates quite a bit. Also the drivers seat needs to be more supportive as this is the seat that is always used. After two years seat is not as comfortable as it use to be."

Dependable, beautiful, compliments all the time

By on Sunday, October 12, 2014

Pros: "Power when I need it along with decent gas mileage"

Cons: "I wish it got better than 36 MPG but I have power"

"I have a very long commute. This car allows me to make that drive comfortable and the car is very dependable. At 38,000 miles now I have had NO problems whatsoever. I love it when people ask me about the car and they complement how beautiful it is."

Love the MPG..told 36 to 42 I average 41.2

By on Saturday, October 11, 2014

Pros: "Great Price."

Cons: "Wheel noise."

"This car runs great. I also love the Blue Link in the vehicle. The value is nice for what you get. The design is sporty."

Hyundai's are still JUNK

By on Friday, October 10, 2014

Reason: Terrible drive, handling, gas mileage, JUNK

Pros: "The exterior looks updated."

Cons: "Everything else."

"I really wanted to believe that Hyundai's were better. The new look manipulates you into thinking it has improved. The car is still JUNK. Does not handle well, the gas mileage is much lower than advertised, the interior scratches easily and leather is soft and leaves imprints. The back seat is hard and head room is low. The car is loud on the highway, the radio sounds bad, the doors are light and the car feels like I'll swerve off the road when a little wind picks up. I come from BMW's and thought I'd save some money, but the Hyundai is overpriced for this JUNK. I sold it and returned to my BMW family. I feel safer and feel I could sell my BMW at a great price when I'm finished."

Best vehicle value I have ever purchased

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

Pros: "Great price, performane and amenitys"

"For the money, this car can't be beat. Very comfortable, packed with features. It's surprisingly quick and fun to drive."

so so vehicle

By on Sunday, September 28, 2014

Pros: "the only pro is it's a fast car with lots of zing"

Cons: "the whole darn car"

"waited a long time to buy a sonata so when it came to buy a new car I went to my local dealer to buy this car. was sold on mileage 25City 40 highway. What a joke I get 19 in the City and on Highway 32 to 35 which I cant complain about it is the city driving mileage when I took it in they said wait until you get 10000 miles on it while here we are with 24300 on it and its the same plus during Winter months I get 14 to 16 miles per gallon Dealer does know what to say its my driving what a joke I was laid up for a month and my son drove the car and he got same mileage as me.The car is very noisy I've had about 6 recalls on it so far steering pulls and again its my driving and hold on to the steering wheel tighter lol. Paid extra for interior package and that scratches easy I could go on and on"

Moved from Toyota Camry for price and warranty..

By on Saturday, September 27, 2014

"For years, our family were devoted Toyota buyers and found them reliable, comfortable and reasonably priced. My Father recommnended Hyundai for the improvements made over the years, back in 20006. In 2012, I made my first purchase of a 2013 Sonata, with nav package. At closing, I was informed that the 100k warranty didn't transfer, meaning if I were to die, my spouse or kids could not continue it? I learned quickly that the Nav system has not been updated, and the categories are limited which does not allow us to find some places we are attempting to get to. We end up using our smart phone Bizlocater or Mapquest. Last night, I attempted to pick up take out food in an unfamiliar town (babysitting for daughter) and was directed to a home in a subdivision, with an address not close to what I wanted. I asked about software updates at the dealership last year, and a couple weeks ago and there were none. We have taken 2 2,400 mile round trips to Florida and found the back seat to be hard and not comfortable, nor well cushioned on rough roads. As it is usually only the 2 of us using the car, it isn't usally a factor and I haven't had a Camry in 7 or so years, but would consider them again. When adding the nav package, we only wanted the moon roof. I don't use the back up camera and learned to drive without, and carefully move the car (so no one or nothing behind). Would have preferred separate options and if known the GPS system was deficient, would not have bought. I drive alot for work. All in all, the car starts when I need it, gets me where I want to go and looks good. The issues described are the only ones noted after 19 months and I hope it remains so."