2011 Hyundai Sonata

Based on 730 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

I love this car!

By on Monday, June 18, 2012

Pros: "quick stops, good pick-up, beautiful styling"

Cons: "Needs an auxiliary plug in back seat"

"I bought this car new right before Christmas 2011, and got most of the features on it; did cut out the rear camera, something I now regret. Also did not get the moon roof or guidance system (I have a very good Garmin), which I don't miss. The car handles very well, good on dry and wet roads; handles well in quick stops. It gets great gas mileage, if I can keep my foot off the gas. Making a game of more efficient driving helps make it easier. I average 32 - 33 mph in town (we have a lot of hills), and around 40 on the road. This car has plenty of room - I was surprised at the amount of leg room in the back seat. Good trunk space too - enough for two adults on a two week vacation. I got a great deal on this car, which makes it even better. Love it, and would definitely purchase another one."

my second Sonata

By on Monday, May 28, 2012

Pros: "price, gas mileage"

Cons: "standard low profile rims make for noisey ride"

"Previously I owned a 2004 Sonata. At 178K, decided to trade in for the 2012, to get a little better gas mileage and of course a warranty. The '04 was a great car, only one minor issue with it and it was covered under warranty. The 2012 so far has been fantastic. My family and I just drove it to Fort Lauderdale and back (over 3000 miles round trip). Very comfortable ride for three adults, even my Dad who is tall had no issues sitting in the back seat. So far, great car and very glad to have traded up (I LOVED the 2004 and if I get the same performance from the '12 that would be fantastic). Only complaint I have is the sport rims on the car, made for a bit of noise on the highway. Getting 16 inch rims and regular tires soon to improve the ride some - mainly it was just road noise and would like a bit quieter ride. Great car overall."

Affordable Luxury

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pros: "killer interior design, turbo power/mpg, affordabl"

Cons: "cold idle is loud, computer mpg way optimistic"

"Picked up a 2.0Turbo Limited with all options, 10,000 miles for $11k under sticker! Cherry red and tan leather. This is an awesome car in about every way. Big, roomy, luxury. Sleek and sexy, powerful, smooth, reliable (so far, nearing 30,000 miles). Pet peaves - cold engine starts the idle is rough and noisy but that only lasts for about 10-15 sec. The ride is a little louder than others, such as Camry, and its not the smoothest on bumps. Also, I'm an engineer and it really bugs me that the computer over estimates mpg by nearly 3 mpg on avg. That's fraud in my opinion leading people to believe they are getting better mileage than they really are. I know there are better algorithms that could do a better job estimating. Reality is overall getting 28-29 mpg although it really depends on mow you drive it. Stay off the turbo and get 30+. But when you need that turbo its definitely there! Overall I love this car! Feels like driving an Infiniti M35 for the price of Honda Civic!"

Love this car

By on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, comfort, reliable, well built, value"

Cons: "None."

"Yep, I gave it all 10s. I've owned my 2011 Sonata for 2 years and it's seriously the best car I've ever owned. Opinion alert: If you are an irresponsible person who doesn't maintain your car, your opinion should have no bearing in this discussion...because it's assumed you maintain your cars on the prescribed schedule. But I digress. I've never had a single thing wrong with this vehicle. I moved from MN to CA last year and was dreading the drive. It was a joy in this thing. The seats are comfortable, the ride is quiet, it handles great-very responsive, and the gas mileage is impressive. I think I averaged 31 or 33 mpg at 85 mph...roughly. The car is well built, too. Very well built...and it looks beautiful. It's an excellent value for how surprisingly high quality it is. I paid under $30k for mine with many of the same amenities as you absolutely find in more "high end" (whatever that means) cars. I do think the GLS' 16" wheels seem rather puny, but I don't think most people notice (I'm just very detail oriented)."

Greatest value around

By on Saturday, August 25, 2012

Pros: "Great price , great looks fun to drive price good"

Cons: "No memory seat setting"

"I ain,t no spring chicken. Owned lots of very expensive cars. This one is great value fun to drive and makes me feel young. A whole lot less than the. Jag XKE V12 I once had. Gas mileage is good too. Great looking car."

Best in Power, super Quiet!

By on Sunday, August 05, 2012

"I changed to Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires, it's super quiet now , also checked internet , Yokohama Envigor tires give same quiet ride. It has power when you need it for passing and a fuel miser , 35 to 37 mpg at 70 mph. I owned several car brands before, this one is fantastic. They have employed German engineers and designers from AUDI, so this is not the HYUNDAI 10 yrs ago. Go, give it a try, it won't disappoint."

Proud, happy, satisfied Sonata owner

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Pros: "sleek, sexy, and fun - inside and out"

Cons: "not as roomy as I'd like"

"I bought my 2011 Sonata in June of 2011, and have had it just over a year. I didn't want to write a review until I had time to actually drive it to give an honest opinion. I...love...this...car. I opted for the 2.0 Turbo, and regret nothing! As someone else stated, it sacrifices a few miles if you have a heavy foot, but still gets good mileage. I'm not very technical as far as the way motors and cars work in general, so before buying I asked a lot of the engineers I work with (we manufacture parts for diesel engines, so most of these guys have strong opinions about cars). They were all very certain that the Sonata would be a great car. Like others who've reviewed, I test drove other cars - Mazdas, Fords, Scions, Volkswagons - but my mind stayed on the Sonata. I drove a Toyota Camry before I owned this, which I liked, but am very happy with my decision. I have the bluetooth, navigation, XM radio, etc., and am glad I got it. Sometimes the bluetooth doesn't always work on the first try, but always comes around. Also, the car was recalled not long after I got it, but not for anything major. It took them about 30 minutes with my car to solve the issue. Hyundai seems to be good at making the recalls in a timely fashion to ensure the safety of its customers. The only other thing that bothers me about the car is that there are currently no racks that can go on top of the car (like they can for Jettas or other sedans). I would like to be able to put a kayak rack on top, but want to make sure it is secure and safe. I paid around $27k for the car, and while I did not have a good experience in the purchasing process (Hyundai Dealership in Columbia, SC off of I-20, Clemson Road) I absolutely love this decision. If you are thinking about getting this car, do!"

LOVE My Sonata 2.0T

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Best value for looks, comfort"

Cons: "Pulls to the left at speeds over 40 mph"

"I chose the Sonata with the Turbo engine and I am so happy with my purchase. I have driven it for a full year and I would buy the exact same car if I had to do it all over again. It looks sharp, it's extremely comfortable and the pickup is pretty amazing. The trunk is a great size and the backseat has a surprising amount of leg room. My 6'4" husband is very comfortable as a passenger and driver. I am only 5'3" and I love it too! I love the layout of the interior. I didn't care much about the push-button start feature or the blue tooth, but I am thrilled I have these conveniences now. Easily unlocking my car or popping the trunk without digging for keys is wonderful! The one thing I'm dissappointed about is that my car (and other Sonatas from what I've heard) pulls to the left at speeds over 40 mph. I've had it looked at, there was a recal that I took it in for, I've had the tires rotated, etc. The problem hasn't been solved and that stinks. I still love the car though."

Love this car!

By on Thursday, January 05, 2012

Pros: "great safety, great milage, fun drive"

Cons: "3000-mile oil change requirement on the turbo"

"We went from a Nissan Maxima, which was fun to drive, to this car earlier this year. This car holds its own, for sure! Pretty of power and steering agility. Comfortable seats (my boss comments everytime she's a passenger about nice the seats are). The gas milage over the 2006 Maxima is AMAZING. We have saved $250 a month in gas (we drive 80 miles a day)."

Great car for the money

By on Monday, December 26, 2011

Pros: "Great car for the money"

Cons: "None so far"

"We wanted a comfortable, stylish, performing and reliable vehicle for my family. I have owned many different sports cars, suv's and trucks. We went with the 2.0 turbo on our SE Sonata and what a great performing engine. No turbo lag and it gets up and goes. Enough power to spin the tires considerably from a stop light on acceleration. Gas mileage is averaging around 26mpg and I have a heavy foot. This is primarily my wifes' car as she wanted out of her suv into something better on gas and more exciting to drive. The interior is actually very nice for a car in the mid to high 20's price tag. Plenty of leg room (I'm 6'3" 240lbs) for my family. The car handles nicely, although a little more driver feedback through the steering would be nice, but I realize its not a sports car so I can't complain too much. The paddle shifters on the steering wheel are a nice touch as well. I really can't think of a negative with this car. Hopefully the reliability will match or beat our past hondas and toyotas (still own a toyota). Years ago I would've never given Hyundai a chance for my money, but they have certainly been doing things right over the past few years with their car lineup and reliability scores. The Sonata is a great car with a great value."