2010 Hyundai Sonata

Based on 781 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

It's a Good Buy

By on Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"I own a 4 Cyl 2006 Sonata. I have 73,000 miles on the car so far as I do a lot of driving and I push the car to the limit. Pros: - Very smooth ride even when I drive it over 100 m/h. - The car is very reliable and quiet; sometimes I forget its running. - The seats are comfortable and the car has a lot of space specially in the backseats and the trunk. - The body style is classic and it will not grow old very quickly. I don’t want to call it Cons I will just call it comments. Comments: -It’s a misconception that a full warranty is up to 100,000 or 5 years. Only engine and transmission is covered for 100,000 miles. I’ve had to pay out of my pocket to replace the AC compressor at 62,000. Warranty is over at 60,000 - I wish the suspension was more rigid. - Quality of plastic is little bit cheaper than the other cars but it’s not very noticeable Over all, I strongly recommend the car for people who are looking for a normal comfortable everyday ride"

Even Better than I expected!

By on Monday, August 9, 2010

"I purchased my 2007 Sonata Limited new in September of 2006. I really thought I was getting a pretty good car for the cost, but I seriously underestimated this vehicle! At 63 years old, I've owned a number of cars - some, very high priced premium labels, others aspiring to be the best, most reliable available. I didn't think I had unreasonable expectations of the Sonata, but, as it turns out, I couldn't have purchased anything, repeat ANYTHING, that would have performed better. Period! This car is HANDS DOWN the best vehicle I've ever owned. It's got 55k on it now, and I absolutely expect to log another 55k before I even consider selling or trading it. Hyundai is showing the automitive world how it's done! I'm a fan."

One of my Best Vehicle I have ever Had

By on Monday, December 14, 2015

Pros: "Low Maintenance,Reliable,High MPG,Perfect driving"

Cons: "Simple insterior Cosmetic Issues"

"I am 36 and I had VW Jetta,Toyota Camry, Honda Civic and This one 2006 Hyundai Sonata GL. All of them were great and this one is also way beyond what people thinks. I bought it When it had 85,000 miles on it Sep 2012 from its first owner, I still have it and as a second owner,and planning not to sell it since it is Perfectly reliable. It does not have the timing belt. So you don't have to change anything. Milage/Gallon is pretty good for a car 2.4 engine car. It is giving me always more that 25 miles per gallon. If I have to be precise i can say 28/32 for sure. Low maintenance. There a few cons by the way. Like interior cosmetic issues like windows button. It is floppy but it works. I can definitely keep driving it and I will keep it. There is a check engine light issue you need to know it is coming from emission. I have replace that piece twice like around $200 each time but for a mileage that i have taken so far like 100,000 in 3 years, It is OK. No other expenses. And please consider this car. I can say Instead of paying more to Honda i would get Hyundai since you can get the same type of a car with a better price. Since nobody knows it. It is not popular like the other two brand. But i can definitely say I LOVED IT SO MUCH."

Great car

By on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pros: "Great value for the money & it still handles well"

Cons: "Tinted windows are not standard on the 2007 Sonata"

"I bought my 2007 Sonata in March 2008, with 20 miles on it. Since that time I have put over 210,000 miles on it. The only maintenance it has needed outside of routine maintenance (oil changes, tires, batteries, etc), was that I had to replace 2 switches in the right rear door (door lock and window controller) in 2009 and 2010. I still put it on the highway and the V6 never hesitates or knocks, plus the gas mileage is still great."

My Sonata continues to be awesome!

By on Friday, March 1, 2013

Pros: "Great fun to drive with super power"

Cons: "Wow, I can't think of one!"

"This car rides well, gets 28 on the highway for a 6 cyc, plenty of leg room front and back, tons of trunk space and fabric has been easy to keep clean. Cup holders are well placed. The car has protected me when I was in a wreck. The car is fixed and I continue to drive it! I love the XM feature."

I love this car.

By on Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pros: "Great price, well kept secret, very fun to drive"

Cons: "the cloth interior mixed with kids and dogs"

"No repair bills , basic up keep, pretty color no timing belt, sun roof, speed to pull out or pass, gas millage yea! safe children = happy woman"

200k and still moving

By on Tuesday, April 3, 2012

"200,000 with no major issues. Oil change, tires and fluid changes is all I have done."

READ THIS FOR SURE

By on Friday, June 4, 2010

"My wife drives a late model 535 BMW. My Sonata LX puts it to shame at less tha half the price. Last month a full size SUV surved in front of me making a turn at high speed on a six lane and was leaning my way. I hit their passenger side door at about 45 miles an hour. The SUV was like a ball bat slaming a base ball. The SUV went air born, turned 2 complete 360 roll overs in the air, landed on it's wheels and hit a second vehicle My Sonata was totaled from the front bumper to the windshield including the drive train. I was totally unhurt and my two large dogs laying on the back seat remained in place clamly looking at me like "What was that?" God bless the Hyundai although I did use another one of my 9 lives. Just bought another one"

By on Monday, June 15, 2009

"Have 46,000 miles on my 2006 Sonata. I have had absolutely no problems since I have owned the vehicle. Its loaded with safety features and the price was much cheaper than its similarly equipped competitors. The ride is smooth and quiet. The engine is very quiet even at high speeds. The 6 cylinder engine has lots of power and still gets decent gas mileage (22mpg in town and 30mpg on highway). The warranty for this car is great too."

nice

By on Wednesday, June 10, 2009

"My husband loves this car, it drives very nice and is a beautiful car but the seats are not comforable for me, my lower back hurts and I have never had a problem before. Other then the seats I love the car."

Absolutely Wonderful!

By on Sunday, March 15, 2009

"I am a 21 year old college student, that wanted to buy a reliable, gas efficient, safe, powerful car. When I found the Hyundai Sonata, I fell in love. I have all of the options that come with it. Its such a good car to take for a nice comfortable Sunday drive. It's also been very reliable in the last year that I've owned it. I absolutely love all of the little organizational compartments- dual compartments in between the two front seats, the handbag/trash bag holder in the passenger front seat area, the lockable glove compartment, the 3 car lighter power outlets (one in the trunk)... also there is a compartment for sunglasses! The seats are comfortable- the back seat is like a couch! Good Points: If your into organizing, this is the car for you! With good snow tires on, the car handles absolutely great in the snow. Very comfortable Good Gas Mileage A lot of truck space Bad Points: I've had to replace almost every light on the car in the one year (my mechanic thinks its the wiring) A full gas tank makes sloshing noises (not that loud) Low Resale Value- (great for people like me that buy used!) Those are the only things I could think of that I don't like about the car. Overall, this car is a really safe reliable car to buy for you or your loved one."

Awesome Vehicle

By on Saturday, August 25, 2007

"I have own over 10 vehicles in my lifetime, but this is truly the most reliable vehicle of all. With 179,000 miles on this vehicle, I have yet to perform maintenance on the engine or transmission. I have never been stuck on the side of the road. This vehicle is so reliable that an vehicle warranty company offered me a 100,000 extended warranty on this vehicle for $1,600 on the powertrain. My next vehicle will definitely be another Hyundai."

Best car i have ever owned

By on Wednesday, August 8, 2007

"Bought it used, have never regretted a minute...It is the best car I have ever driven, comfortable, easy to drive, reliable, never a problem for 6 years. Buying a new one."

Economical to own and operate but average quality

By on Saturday, June 11, 2016

Pros: "Economical to drive and own"

Cons: "Poor sound system & body insulation"

"Purchased w/35k miles, five years ago. Been reliable, good on gas mileage, affordable to own but has some flaws in quality. Cheap sound system due to poor circuitry design and quality. Poor body insulation resulting in excessive road noise. Passenger seat sets very low making for poor vision and comfort but do like the fully adjustable driver's seat. With routine maintenance and upkeep, is affordable and reliable vehicle with nice features (power seat, sunroof, decent sound quality from stereo), solid suspension and handling. Plenty of passing power when needed. Like the shiftronic auto/manual transmission system. Would classify as a good value for those wanting average quality without spending a lot but who exercise good care & maintenance practices."

Hyundai Sonata

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, Cheap to own, Comfortable, Attractive"

Cons: "Won't appeal to snobs (most of whom are in debt ;-"

"I guess this is the vehicle that started the land rush to Hyundai. If you are considering one of these for your family, son, daughter, wife, commuter car, primary car, whatever, do not hesitate. Only the most minor issues with it, and almost completely regular maintenance issues. Snobs will turn their noses up at this. Let them. It's wonderful. We got the upgraded leather edition, which I recommend you do on any car (if you can afford it) because it's much nicer, and essentially pays for itself. Great car, and now it's even more of a great value. If you want some fun, look up the reviews for this car when published back in 2006. Especially the 6 cylinder. They loved it then, and you will too."

Great mid-size car

By on Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Pros: "price, style, power, fun car for it's size"

Cons: "bad cup holder design, bad sun visor quality, the outside mirrors don't fold in"

"I bought this 2006 sonata with a salvage title for a cheap price and was amazed how well it ran. It is very comfortable. The gas mileage is not that great at about 20mpg, but considering it is a V-6 it should be expected. The sun visor on the driver side though did break, which was a factory problem, that was not considered a recall for some reason. I had to fix a small back up light part that cost less than a $100 and that was it. Other then that it has given no problems. I like the simple design a lot. The car has great safety features standard that was not standard with the competition. I would recommend this car to anybody looking for a good car that won't cost you a lot of money."

Love it!

By on Friday, December 11, 2009

"On my third Sonata. Had to replace the 2006 that got totalled in a high impact rear end collision. The car saved my life. I didnt hesitate to buy another one. Didnt even consider any other car. Great value for the money and very safe."

SONATA ROCKS

By on Friday, April 25, 2008

"THIS IS MY SECOND SONATA. I BOUGHT MY FIRST ONE USED AND DROVE IT UNTIL 80,000 MILES WITH ONLY ROUTINE MAINTENANCE EXPENSES, THEN SOLD IT TO A FRIEND WHO DROVE IT ANOTHER 4 YEARS. I BOUGHT THIS 2001 NEW AND HAVE NOT HAD TO DO 1 SINGLE THING TO IT. I DRIVE THIS ONE VERY LITTLE BECAUSE I TELECOMMUTE, BUT THE ONLY THING I HAVE HAD TO DO IS REPLACE A TIRE THAT GOT A NAIL AND COULDN'T BE REPAIRED BECAUSE OF DRY ROT ON THE TIRE. I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD BE SO HAPPY WITH A CAR."

first car

By on Tuesday, October 2, 2007

"My 2000 Hyundai Sonnata was fairly a good car. It has been reliable on long road trips. It now has 125k miles. However,I've had to replace the oxygen sensor 4 times (it was recalled too) in order to pass nys immission inspections. I've had to replace the breakpads and tires a few times. It has stalled on me over 10 times due to some type of sensor problem/ electric starter problem. However, I have never been stranded where I need a tow truck. The paint peels on the plastic parts of the car (side mirrors etc), which is not covered by warrentee. Finally after 125K miles, the cd player and tape deck jammed. Overall, I am attached to the vehicle because it is comfortable enough to take naps in. i love looking out my moon roof. I must say she has good pick up."

Will buy again

By on Friday, August 24, 2007

"Most comfortable and roomy car I've ever had. Huge trunk, fold down back seats means I can buy all kinds of things and get them home. Great mileage and great pickup. Maintenance a little expensive but great car. Will buy one again!"

Excellent Car

By on Friday, August 17, 2007

"Excellent Car. Only thing I had to get changed was timing belt at 80k miles because it was due at 60k. Nice pickup (should be as its a V6). Don't know why people buy GM or Ford if they can buy hyundai at almost same price. As releiable as Japanese cars."

We Fought over this car

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"We purchased this car new. We were a little nervious because it was Korean and not Japanese. This car has been wonderful. When my daughter turned 17 we gave her this car to drive until she got experienced and then we would give her a brand new car. She refuses to give us back the car for a new car. We all absolutely love it. We have been so happy with the Sonata that we now own 2 more Hyundais. We have an Elantra as well as a Santa Fe."

Very Nice Car

By on Thursday, July 19, 2007

"Very very affordable. Amazingly smooth and comfortable. Very powerful, reliable. Excellent A/c. Low maintainence. Spacious."

the best vehicle i have owned

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive and economical"

"The only problem with this sonata was the sun visor on the drivers side would not stay up and the dealer installed a new one free of charge.I have owned this vehicle since it was new and if you change oil and follow Hyundai recommendations it will be a trouble free car. No problems what so ever I would rate this sonata ltd a solid ten ."

Love the size.

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive, very responsive."

Cons: "Door handles, cup holders. Minor problems."

"I would recommend the Hyundai car to anyone, and have. The Sonata is my experience, it's an excellent choice, easy to drive and really a beautiful car. I have had very little problems mechanically speaking, a few cosmetic problems. She will usually get good mpg even with combined driving."