2010 Hyundai Sonata

Based on 744 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

By on Sunday, March 24, 2013

Pros: "great value"

Cons: "cant think of a single one."

"I have put 250000+ miles on this car with only minor what I would call routeen maint issues. It also has hundreds of hours ideling as an office to keep either cool or warm.Great car and will buy another one."

Even Better than I expected!

By on Monday, August 09, 2010

"I purchased my 2007 Sonata Limited new in September of 2006. I really thought I was getting a pretty good car for the cost, but I seriously underestimated this vehicle! At 63 years old, I've owned a number of cars - some, very high priced premium labels, others aspiring to be the best, most reliable available. I didn't think I had unreasonable expectations of the Sonata, but, as it turns out, I couldn't have purchased anything, repeat ANYTHING, that would have performed better. Period! This car is HANDS DOWN the best vehicle I've ever owned. It's got 55k on it now, and I absolutely expect to log another 55k before I even consider selling or trading it. Hyundai is showing the automitive world how it's done! I'm a fan."

Excellent Brand, Excellent Vehicle

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pros: "Great looks, reliability, comfort, power."

Cons: "Needs a little more legroom on the driver side"

"This has been one of the best overall cars I have ever owned. The warranties are excellent - but I didn't need them! While this older technology V-6 isn't the greatest on mileage (I average 25.6 MPG combined), it has LOTS of power to get you out of tight spots, short merge lanes, etc. It rides beautifully, preventing the "driver punishment" that other cars this size can give (I rent a lot for business, I've driven most of the comparable cars over the years). Controls are sensibly laid out, steering is precise & firm. I got to 122K miles before having to do the serpentine belt, shocks, brakes & tune-up! Well worth the (lower than Camry, Accord or Mazda 6) price!"

Fantastic

By on Saturday, December 14, 2013

Pros: "Low maintenance, easily replaceable parts"

Cons: "visor keeps falling down, auto locking feature"

"I bought this '06 Sonata LX in '07. Since then, I've driven it across the country six times. I'm a park ranger, and I've lived in some pretty extreme environments. This car is heavy enough that it can pretty much plow through sand and snow with about the same control as an all wheel drive. It's been on rocky, rocky roads and done lots of long distance highway driving. I load it completely down with gear and then driven it over the Rockies and it pulls just fine up the 14% grades with no loss of power or overheating. It handles the extreme temperature changes I've subjected it to. I had to do service on it for the first time this year and all it needed were new brakes and some belts. Engine is still perfect. Only thing that annoys me: it automatically locks after 5 minutes, even if the keys are in the car. Can't turn that feature off and I've locked my keys in several times. You know when you get down a crazy rocky road and you see a little Camry sitting there and you think, "How the heck did that get out here?" That's my and my Sonata."

No more

By on Friday, September 25, 2009

"Have had my Sonata for almost two years. It has been to the shop 6 times. Today at 62k the heater core went out. $1k to fix and hyundai won't cover it because my warranty expired 2k miles ago. Pay a little more up front and buy a Honda, its worth it in the long run."