2009 Hyundai Sonata

Based on 717 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

a really good,reliable vehicle.

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Pros: "fun car to drive .i like to downshift"

Cons: "cant think of any"

"Never had a problem. Bought it used in 2010. Has been garaged,and has some dings on it."

Don't buy this car

By on Saturday, November 15, 2014

Pros: "Cheap"

Cons: "Cheap"

"I bought this car because it was cheap and I thought it would be reliable. It is not reliable. The transmission needed rebuilt at 65000 mile. I will never buy another hyundai again. I will stick with Honda. These Korean cars are very inexpensive and maybe I just had bad luck and got a lemon but the build quality and driving experience are so very poor. I feel like I'm driving a plastic throwaway toy. Never ever ever buy a 2006 Hyundai Sonata. Bottom line poor quality and poor driving experience. Buy a toyota or a Honda."

Nearly no mechanical problems

By on Saturday, November 15, 2014

Pros: "engine is the best (oil),comfortable,affordable"

Cons: "Not good with potholes"

"This car was purchased as a "new used" car at 38000 miles. I have had no engines problems until because learning it is very important to change the oil at least every 3 months. I am having issues with the oil pump and it is taking a haul on my engine. But this car has amazed close friends and family while having it for about 6 years with very little Maintanence. It ran well with minimal problems. Not good for city streets, many axle problems due to pot holes. DC potholes are enormous! If you visit, it's worth swerving to miss them."

great car

By on Thursday, November 13, 2014

Reason: do not need the car

"98000 miles never a problem"

My favorite car-comfy, reliable, and economical.

By on Monday, November 10, 2014

Pros: "For a medium sedan the value cannot be beat"

"I had to special order the car because I wanted the Cocoa Metallic paint color, and was certainly happy when it arrived. The mileage I get is wonderful-3 weeks on a tank of gas-and a very reliable vehicle to boot! My father is over 6 ft tall and can sit in the back seat comfortably, the trunk holds just about anything, and the back seats fold down for everthing else. I love this car, one of the best I've ever owned, and plan on buying a new Sonata in a year or so, but I'm not tired of this one yet. I'm waiting to see what new colors they come out with, as I like something a little different than all the silver and white ones on the road. The only probelms were when the dealer service dept scratched the dash and left the battery terminal loose(reset all my xm stations!)"

No problems at all.

By on Monday, November 03, 2014

Pros: "Reliability"

Cons: "Rough Ride"

"My wife and I have really enjoyed our car. No mechanical problems is a plus. Our Hyundai Service department has been outstanding."

Better than many

By on Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Pros: "mechanically reliable, fast enough, better than ma"

Cons: "Slow poke gas savings, cramped legs after hr drivg"

"This car ran reliably and without mechanical failure. The car mileage was hard to create: to match what the manufacturer promises, the car needed to be driven slow poke slow. It handled mountain driving at reasonable speeds, but with a loss of mileage. My husband liked the interior better than I did. The trunk held lots of stuff: definitely a value for people with lots of stuff or who want lots of stuff."

best car I ever owned, however can't part with it.

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage great"

"This car has had all normal maintenance done and up to date. I have not had any mechanical problems at all except for an $8 plastic lever that broke inside the starter(covered on warranty)"

A great surprise for a short search of cars

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

"I purchased the car in Mississippi from a dealer with 25k miles (approximately). It was a "quickie" purchase as I was relocating to Northwest Arkansas with a new job where I would no longer be provided with a company car. It was a program car and was very clean. I have owned it now for over 7 years and have put 193k miles of both city and highway miles. I use it every day as I am in sales and travel an average of 200 to 400 miles a week. It has had the oil changed every 5000 miles and I have had it serviced as needed. Until recently, the only expense has been oil, batteries, and tires. I have had to invest a bit more this year for some minor suspension repairs which was very little compared to the miles I have in it. The thing that amazes me the most about this car is how everything still works. Power windows, power driver's seat, sliding sun roof, exterior electric mirrors, A/C. heat, etc. Usually you can expect some of these to fail over the years, but not this car. I plan to drive it for a few more years before I retire and fully expect to hit 300k. What a great surprise for a car purchased over 7 years ago when Hyandai's were less well known and as popular as they are today. I can't rate it any less than a 10."

Best vehicle I ever owned.

By on Thursday, October 09, 2014

Pros: "A great car at a good price."

Cons: "Valets would probably rather park a Mercedes."

"I have owned more expensive cars, But this is the best car I have ever owned. I bought the car in 2009 new. I have had no problems with it at all. I get excellent mileage and it is very easy to drive. It has more than enough power to safely pass other vehicles. It has a small car price, but is intermediate in size."