2009 Hyundai Sonata

Based on 755 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Good, Solid car...

By on Wednesday, December 09, 2009

"I have owned this car for 2 1/2 years (purchased used with 20,000miles) . I was always a die-hard "Big Three buyer" and never thought in a million years I would buy a Hyundai! They have come very far. Great quality inside and out. It has had no mechanical issues and has 50,000 miles. I have the 4cyl. and no regrets there. It is not lightning fast, but if you are a normal driver and just need power to merge or pass you will be satisfied. I also own a SXT Dodge Charger and enjoy driving the Sonata more. No rattles, or lose exterior/interior parts that I have experienced from American sedans. Great in the snow, good gas mileage, comfortable ride, adequate room, nicely designed, and cheap to own and operate. I know I may sound like I am speaking about the perfect car. It certainly is no BMW, but for the price and most expectations of normal working people it will put a smile on your face. I sincerely hope you give this car a chance (new or used); Even if you are in the market for a Camry, Accord, Malibu etc. And have more money to spend then the Sonata stickers for, do your research and go test drive it!"

It's a Good Buy

By on Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"I own a 4 Cyl 2006 Sonata. I have 73,000 miles on the car so far as I do a lot of driving and I push the car to the limit. Pros: - Very smooth ride even when I drive it over 100 m/h. - The car is very reliable and quiet; sometimes I forget its running. - The seats are comfortable and the car has a lot of space specially in the backseats and the trunk. - The body style is classic and it will not grow old very quickly. I don’t want to call it Cons I will just call it comments. Comments: -It’s a misconception that a full warranty is up to 100,000 or 5 years. Only engine and transmission is covered for 100,000 miles. I’ve had to pay out of my pocket to replace the AC compressor at 62,000. Warranty is over at 60,000 - I wish the suspension was more rigid. - Quality of plastic is little bit cheaper than the other cars but it’s not very noticeable Over all, I strongly recommend the car for people who are looking for a normal comfortable everyday ride"

Excellent Brand, Excellent Vehicle

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pros: "Great looks, reliability, comfort, power."

Cons: "Needs a little more legroom on the driver side"

"This has been one of the best overall cars I have ever owned. The warranties are excellent - but I didn't need them! While this older technology V-6 isn't the greatest on mileage (I average 25.6 MPG combined), it has LOTS of power to get you out of tight spots, short merge lanes, etc. It rides beautifully, preventing the "driver punishment" that other cars this size can give (I rent a lot for business, I've driven most of the comparable cars over the years). Controls are sensibly laid out, steering is precise & firm. I got to 122K miles before having to do the serpentine belt, shocks, brakes & tune-up! Well worth the (lower than Camry, Accord or Mazda 6) price!"

Even Better than I expected!

By on Monday, August 09, 2010

"I purchased my 2007 Sonata Limited new in September of 2006. I really thought I was getting a pretty good car for the cost, but I seriously underestimated this vehicle! At 63 years old, I've owned a number of cars - some, very high priced premium labels, others aspiring to be the best, most reliable available. I didn't think I had unreasonable expectations of the Sonata, but, as it turns out, I couldn't have purchased anything, repeat ANYTHING, that would have performed better. Period! This car is HANDS DOWN the best vehicle I've ever owned. It's got 55k on it now, and I absolutely expect to log another 55k before I even consider selling or trading it. Hyundai is showing the automitive world how it's done! I'm a fan."

Fantastic

By on Saturday, December 14, 2013

Pros: "Low maintenance, easily replaceable parts"

Cons: "visor keeps falling down, auto locking feature"

"I bought this '06 Sonata LX in '07. Since then, I've driven it across the country six times. I'm a park ranger, and I've lived in some pretty extreme environments. This car is heavy enough that it can pretty much plow through sand and snow with about the same control as an all wheel drive. It's been on rocky, rocky roads and done lots of long distance highway driving. I load it completely down with gear and then driven it over the Rockies and it pulls just fine up the 14% grades with no loss of power or overheating. It handles the extreme temperature changes I've subjected it to. I had to do service on it for the first time this year and all it needed were new brakes and some belts. Engine is still perfect. Only thing that annoys me: it automatically locks after 5 minutes, even if the keys are in the car. Can't turn that feature off and I've locked my keys in several times. You know when you get down a crazy rocky road and you see a little Camry sitting there and you think, "How the heck did that get out here?" That's my and my Sonata."