2006 Hyundai Sonata

Based on 748 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Good, Solid car...

By on Wednesday, December 09, 2009

"I have owned this car for 2 1/2 years (purchased used with 20,000miles) . I was always a die-hard "Big Three buyer" and never thought in a million years I would buy a Hyundai! They have come very far. Great quality inside and out. It has had no mechanical issues and has 50,000 miles. I have the 4cyl. and no regrets there. It is not lightning fast, but if you are a normal driver and just need power to merge or pass you will be satisfied. I also own a SXT Dodge Charger and enjoy driving the Sonata more. No rattles, or lose exterior/interior parts that I have experienced from American sedans. Great in the snow, good gas mileage, comfortable ride, adequate room, nicely designed, and cheap to own and operate. I know I may sound like I am speaking about the perfect car. It certainly is no BMW, but for the price and most expectations of normal working people it will put a smile on your face. I sincerely hope you give this car a chance (new or used); Even if you are in the market for a Camry, Accord, Malibu etc. And have more money to spend then the Sonata stickers for, do your research and go test drive it!"

It's a Good Buy

By on Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"I own a 4 Cyl 2006 Sonata. I have 73,000 miles on the car so far as I do a lot of driving and I push the car to the limit. Pros: - Very smooth ride even when I drive it over 100 m/h. - The car is very reliable and quiet; sometimes I forget its running. - The seats are comfortable and the car has a lot of space specially in the backseats and the trunk. - The body style is classic and it will not grow old very quickly. I don’t want to call it Cons I will just call it comments. Comments: -It’s a misconception that a full warranty is up to 100,000 or 5 years. Only engine and transmission is covered for 100,000 miles. I’ve had to pay out of my pocket to replace the AC compressor at 62,000. Warranty is over at 60,000 - I wish the suspension was more rigid. - Quality of plastic is little bit cheaper than the other cars but it’s not very noticeable Over all, I strongly recommend the car for people who are looking for a normal comfortable everyday ride"

This is the best car I have owned, by far

By on Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pros: "Price and quality"

"I have driven this car, over 138,000 miles and other than oil changes, tire rotations, etc., I have spent a total of $550.00. I bought 4 new tires and replaced the rear brakes, at 75,000 miles. That is it. The front brakes are still good and the tires have 15,000 to 20,000 miles left. I have never aligned the front end an it still doesn't need it. I have not had a tune-up either and it runs as smoothly as when it was brand new. This car is amazing and I get 26 MPG around town and 32-34 MPG, on the highway."

Best car ever owned

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"Bought this car used.....never took very good care of it. It has been run alot but many different drivers and still going strong....One of the most comfortable cars I have ever driven or rode in."

By on Sunday, March 24, 2013

Pros: "great value"

Cons: "cant think of a single one."

"I have put 250000+ miles on this car with only minor what I would call routeen maint issues. It also has hundreds of hours ideling as an office to keep either cool or warm.Great car and will buy another one."

Love this car

By on Monday, April 01, 2013

Pros: "Milage and power great on the road"

Cons: "Milage in town not so good"

"I bought this car in March of 2006. It has been in California, Ohio, New York, Long Island ,Georgia twice, and Alabama 10 time.Oh I forgot Florida. This car is the best running car I have ever owned. It has never been to a dealer since the first year. I have a local garage that I trust and have taken care of it since March 2007. I change oil every 3m and transmission every 35M. Yes, all the new ones look good but my car will stay with me for a very long time"

Excellent Brand, Excellent Vehicle

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pros: "Great looks, reliability, comfort, power."

Cons: "Needs a little more legroom on the driver side"

"This has been one of the best overall cars I have ever owned. The warranties are excellent - but I didn't need them! While this older technology V-6 isn't the greatest on mileage (I average 25.6 MPG combined), it has LOTS of power to get you out of tight spots, short merge lanes, etc. It rides beautifully, preventing the "driver punishment" that other cars this size can give (I rent a lot for business, I've driven most of the comparable cars over the years). Controls are sensibly laid out, steering is precise & firm. I got to 122K miles before having to do the serpentine belt, shocks, brakes & tune-up! Well worth the (lower than Camry, Accord or Mazda 6) price!"

Even Better than I expected!

By on Monday, August 09, 2010

"I purchased my 2007 Sonata Limited new in September of 2006. I really thought I was getting a pretty good car for the cost, but I seriously underestimated this vehicle! At 63 years old, I've owned a number of cars - some, very high priced premium labels, others aspiring to be the best, most reliable available. I didn't think I had unreasonable expectations of the Sonata, but, as it turns out, I couldn't have purchased anything, repeat ANYTHING, that would have performed better. Period! This car is HANDS DOWN the best vehicle I've ever owned. It's got 55k on it now, and I absolutely expect to log another 55k before I even consider selling or trading it. Hyundai is showing the automitive world how it's done! I'm a fan."

Fantastic

By on Saturday, December 14, 2013

Pros: "Low maintenance, easily replaceable parts"

Cons: "visor keeps falling down, auto locking feature"

"I bought this '06 Sonata LX in '07. Since then, I've driven it across the country six times. I'm a park ranger, and I've lived in some pretty extreme environments. This car is heavy enough that it can pretty much plow through sand and snow with about the same control as an all wheel drive. It's been on rocky, rocky roads and done lots of long distance highway driving. I load it completely down with gear and then driven it over the Rockies and it pulls just fine up the 14% grades with no loss of power or overheating. It handles the extreme temperature changes I've subjected it to. I had to do service on it for the first time this year and all it needed were new brakes and some belts. Engine is still perfect. Only thing that annoys me: it automatically locks after 5 minutes, even if the keys are in the car. Can't turn that feature off and I've locked my keys in several times. You know when you get down a crazy rocky road and you see a little Camry sitting there and you think, "How the heck did that get out here?" That's my and my Sonata."

No more

By on Friday, September 25, 2009

"Have had my Sonata for almost two years. It has been to the shop 6 times. Today at 62k the heater core went out. $1k to fix and hyundai won't cover it because my warranty expired 2k miles ago. Pay a little more up front and buy a Honda, its worth it in the long run."

Love this car and everything about it!

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "reliable, comfy, good versatile car for anyone"

Cons: "insurance since it's considered a foreign car"

"I've had my Sonata for 2.5 years. It has never had any mechanical issues, is still comfortable to drive and just got its 185,000 mile maintenance. With proper maintenance this car still runs as good as the day I drove it off the car lot if not better!!! This car is great for a small family and for a young single person. It's fuel efficient, fast, and reliable!"

Great car

By on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pros: "Great value for the money & it still handles well"

Cons: "Tinted windows are not standard on the 2007 Sonata"

"I bought my 2007 Sonata in March 2008, with 20 miles on it. Since that time I have put over 210,000 miles on it. The only maintenance it has needed outside of routine maintenance (oil changes, tires, batteries, etc), was that I had to replace 2 switches in the right rear door (door lock and window controller) in 2009 and 2010. I still put it on the highway and the V6 never hesitates or knocks, plus the gas mileage is still great."

By on Monday, June 15, 2009

"Have 46,000 miles on my 2006 Sonata. I have had absolutely no problems since I have owned the vehicle. Its loaded with safety features and the price was much cheaper than its similarly equipped competitors. The ride is smooth and quiet. The engine is very quiet even at high speeds. The 6 cylinder engine has lots of power and still gets decent gas mileage (22mpg in town and 30mpg on highway). The warranty for this car is great too."

Owned 5 great years

By on Saturday, June 06, 2015

Pros: "A fantastic value and a fine, dependable ride"

Cons: "interior trim could be better"

"Really, this car has been more than I ever thought it could be in every department. Name something that is important to a great car and this one has it. Five years, NO repairs or problems, a great ride compared to any other mid size car, great gas mileage, tires wear evenly(good alignment), all the buttons I need to push, still very shiny even when not clean (a great finish), plenty of get up and go, very comfortable seats, no rust that I can find, etc. Of course, I keep it up fastidiously."

Fantastic car!

By on Tuesday, May 05, 2015

Pros: "Very comfortable and great gas mileage!"

Cons: "No outside noise control."

"bought this car new at the end of May 2010. Disappointed with only choice of black or slate, so I chose slate. It currently has 62,100 miles, one owner. Tinted windows were installed by a professional company. It is great for long distance travel; however, it doesn't have outside noise control as did my former auto, 2000 Chevy Malibu, which I really miss. It's great on gas! Very comfortable and roomy too. Everyone who has riden in my vehicle comments what a smooth ride it is and comfortable."

most reliable car i've owned

By on Friday, May 24, 2013

Pros: "Unquestionably best bang for your dollar"

Cons: "suspension"

"It is breaking my heart to get rid of this car. I have never serviced this car except for oil changes (approx every 7500mi) Front brakes 2 times rear once 1 battery.1 transmission flush and a couple of sets of tires. Still has original spark plugs and runs like a champ. It is amazing how good this car is due to my lack of care. I bought 2012 sonata for my wife hope it is as good. The only negative is Hyundai noisy suspension on rough roads."

My Sonata continues to be awesome!

By on Friday, March 01, 2013

Pros: "Great fun to drive with super power"

Cons: "Wow, I can't think of one!"

"This car rides well, gets 28 on the highway for a 6 cyc, plenty of leg room front and back, tons of trunk space and fabric has been easy to keep clean. Cup holders are well placed. The car has protected me when I was in a wreck. The car is fixed and I continue to drive it! I love the XM feature."

I love this car.

By on Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pros: "Great price, well kept secret, very fun to drive"

Cons: "the cloth interior mixed with kids and dogs"

"No repair bills , basic up keep, pretty color no timing belt, sun roof, speed to pull out or pass, gas millage yea! safe children = happy woman"

200k and still moving

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

"200,000 with no major issues. Oil change, tires and fluid changes is all I have done."

Great mid-size car

By on Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Pros: "price, style, power, fun car for it's size"

Cons: "bad cup holder design, bad sun visor quality, the outside mirrors don't fold in"

"I bought this 2006 sonata with a salvage title for a cheap price and was amazed how well it ran. It is very comfortable. The gas mileage is not that great at about 20mpg, but considering it is a V-6 it should be expected. The sun visor on the driver side though did break, which was a factory problem, that was not considered a recall for some reason. I had to fix a small back up light part that cost less than a $100 and that was it. Other then that it has given no problems. I like the simple design a lot. The car has great safety features standard that was not standard with the competition. I would recommend this car to anybody looking for a good car that won't cost you a lot of money."

nice

By on Wednesday, June 10, 2009

"My husband loves this car, it drives very nice and is a beautiful car but the seats are not comforable for me, my lower back hurts and I have never had a problem before. Other then the seats I love the car."

Absolutely Wonderful!

By on Sunday, March 15, 2009

"I am a 21 year old college student, that wanted to buy a reliable, gas efficient, safe, powerful car. When I found the Hyundai Sonata, I fell in love. I have all of the options that come with it. Its such a good car to take for a nice comfortable Sunday drive. It's also been very reliable in the last year that I've owned it. I absolutely love all of the little organizational compartments- dual compartments in between the two front seats, the handbag/trash bag holder in the passenger front seat area, the lockable glove compartment, the 3 car lighter power outlets (one in the trunk)... also there is a compartment for sunglasses! The seats are comfortable- the back seat is like a couch! Good Points: If your into organizing, this is the car for you! With good snow tires on, the car handles absolutely great in the snow. Very comfortable Good Gas Mileage A lot of truck space Bad Points: I've had to replace almost every light on the car in the one year (my mechanic thinks its the wiring) A full gas tank makes sloshing noises (not that loud) Low Resale Value- (great for people like me that buy used!) Those are the only things I could think of that I don't like about the car. Overall, this car is a really safe reliable car to buy for you or your loved one."

Awesome Vehicle

By on Saturday, August 25, 2007

"I have own over 10 vehicles in my lifetime, but this is truly the most reliable vehicle of all. With 179,000 miles on this vehicle, I have yet to perform maintenance on the engine or transmission. I have never been stuck on the side of the road. This vehicle is so reliable that an vehicle warranty company offered me a 100,000 extended warranty on this vehicle for $1,600 on the powertrain. My next vehicle will definitely be another Hyundai."

Will buy again

By on Friday, August 24, 2007

"Most comfortable and roomy car I've ever had. Huge trunk, fold down back seats means I can buy all kinds of things and get them home. Great mileage and great pickup. Maintenance a little expensive but great car. Will buy one again!"

Best car i have ever owned

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"Bought it used, have never regretted a minute...It is the best car I have ever driven, comfortable, easy to drive, reliable, never a problem for 6 years. Buying a new one."