2005 Hyundai Sonata

Based on 313 Ratings for the 1999 - 2005 models.

Wonderful starter or around town transportation.

By on Monday, December 08, 2014

Pros: "Excellent Value, Wonderful Starter or Around Town"

Cons: "Minor Cosmetics/ 185,000 miles"

Take a look. Ready to drive TODAY

"Are you in the market for reliable, dependable, efficiently priced transportation? Look no further. I have a 2000 Hyundai Sonata. 185,000 miles, low-maintenance/ high performance vehicle. Cool air/heat, CD changer, Automatic Seats, Sunroof, Tint, all she needs is a owner who is ready to commit to a long lasting partnership. Only one previous owner. Minor Cosmetics/ No rust-No Fuss."

Take a look. Ready to drive TODAY

This car has exceeded my expectations.

By on Saturday, November 29, 2014

Pros: "powerful, comfortable, great interior, durable"

Cons: "minor electrical issues, doesnt have Keyless entry"

"I got my 2003 Hyundai Sonata about 6 months ago for $1500 on Craigslist, and believe me it was an amazing deal! I had very low expectations when I first went to see the car and I knew immediately that I was going home with it. It's 11 years old and it shows; the paint is a little faded in some areas, there is a small tear in the leather on the backseat, some minor electrical issues, but this car has power! It has a V6 engine and it can easily out-power all of the newer "lawn-mower engine" cars. I see a lot of other Sonatas out there around the model year as mine and they always seem to be in similar condition as mine, running well and quiet with no major body damage. For an 11 year-old car it runs so smoothly and I would DEFINITELY buy a newer model if I could. Besides the 2014 Sonatas look amazing and how my car still runs after 160,000 miles and 11 years, it seems like a great investment. Overall, get a Hyundai Sonata if you want to get a car that will last you over a decade with no major issues, its very comfortable and would make a great family car."

Wonderfully reliable, comfortable car

By on Sunday, November 16, 2014

Pros: "driving comfort, reliability, value, mpg, power"

Cons: "visors don't cover whole side window"

"My Sonata has been a stalwart friend for 14 years and over 188,000 miles. It remains comfortable, reliable and loaded with pep after a recent tune-up. I have had few problems with it, and those were corrected quickly. My car has leather seats, steering wheel and shift knob, power driver's seat, power windows and locks, tilt wheel, cruise control, etc. The major reason I am selling it is I need a vehicle to tow my boat, which this cannot do - but it did tow a U-Haul trailer when I moved. Yes, it can tow up to 1000 pounds as described in the Owner's Manual. You wouldn't believe what I have carried in my Sonata that people said would not fit. It resided 10 years in the "salt belt" and has limited rust at the lower edge of the hood. This is a great car if you just take care of it. In July it took me to the East Coast and back in complete comfort, averaging 28 mpg. That was amazing for a car with 185,000 miles on it and before the tune-up."

My Sonata just won't die!

By on Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pros: "very reliable"

Cons: "not the prettiest car ever made..."

"I've been wanting a new car for about 5 years. Every year, I think something is going to go wrong with this Sonata that will make me finally give it up. Hasn't happened! It just keeps going and going. I had to do routine maintenance (oil changes, brakes, tires, etc.), but nothing significant on this car has failed. Very reliable, basic transportation. I'll drive it anywhere with confidence. Runs better than my wife's 2007 Lexus!"

best vehicle