2004 Hyundai Sonata

Based on 331 Ratings for the 1999 - 2005 models.

Great car

By on Thursday, March 12, 2009

"Wanted a Camry or Accord, but bought this for price in 05. 4 years and 90,000 later only thing I've replaced are wiper blades, front brakes and tires. Don't like no cup holders in back, and one in front is too small, but when you consider excellent price, reliability, appearance, durability, roominess and warranty, it is a really great car. My wife prefers it to our Toyota. Only negative is that it doesn't hold value well, but I hope to keep mine till 200,000 anyway. Would definately consider another Hyundai, easily as good as Fords I've owned, and better than Chrysler and GM. Toyota and Honda are better made, but Hyundai is an overall better value."

good car

By on Thursday, January 15, 2009

"Only 4 minor cons: a bit noisy on road trips; seats could be a bit more padded for long trips; console between seats too short to rest arm on; radio/stereo unit of poor audio quality. I would buy this make and model again. Have owned it for 4 years and it is still performing well. Miles from 2x yearly road trips and local city driving . Excellent acceleration from 0-30 for entering freeway and highway traffic. Very maneuverable. Roomy front seats and leg room. Large trunk. Often mistaken for a Black Mercedes."

great value

By on Sunday, July 20, 2008

"just hit 160,000 and overall very happy with this car. other than window regulators, lock actuator and a coil pack on the engine its been very reliable. changed the starter and basic maintenace. still gets 24 mpg and has original timing chain. would buy again and v6 motor has great power."

It is the best car!

By on Monday, August 11, 2014

"I am the fourth owner of a 2002 sonata. It is a wonderful vehicle. I have never found any critical malfunctions. After the purchase, I only repaired a power window regulator of the right front door. No leaks on any valve and pipes! Even though it is aged, driving noise in high speed over 70 mph is calm. Air conditioning is also fantastic! A/C is really important in summer in Texas. The flow of air is strong, making the inside cooled very quickly. Good performance!"

Why pay more for less car

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

Pros: "Reliability, Cost, low Maintance, nice ride"

Cons: "Name, but that is changing now adays"

"I had owned 2 used Toyota Camrys' prior to purchasing this vehicle brand new. I could not afford a new Camry at the time, and I am so glad I made the decision to go new. In 9 years and 100K miles I have spent only $4.37 on Maintance on this vehicle above suggest maintance costs. This was for a busted hose. In the 60K-100K milage range on the Camrys' I was spending $1500 a year to keep those cars running great. I was going to trade this car in as my son is turning 16 next month, but my son asked for this car and my wife believe it is safer than anything we can for him at this price range."