2004 Hyundai Sonata

Based on 328 Ratings for the 1999 - 2005 models.

Saved Our Life

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Reason: Car accident

Pros: "lasts a long time, very durable, life saver"

Cons: "after a long time handles started peeling"

"We had this car for nearly 10 years. It's been on so many trips with us (NY, Florida, NC, Louisianna) and it was still running great. This was supposed to be my college car until recently when a guy's brakes failed and hit us in an intersection. Our precious car is now totaled, but it really did save our lives. At the speed at which the man was going, we both should have been dead. We both got out of the car with no harm. Haha, we were more devastated about the car than our own health! The car was finally paid off and was perfect. I will always love this car, and if given the opportunity to buy it all over again, I would insist."

Fabulous Car

By on Thursday, March 07, 2013

Pros: "Terrific value"

"I love this car. It has a smooth ride and I have not had one bit of trouble out of it. Even though it's an older car, I am so proud of the design because I think it's the prettiest car on the road. It has every option that was available at that time. It is dependable in every way. The only issue I've had is a flat tire."

Great car

By on Sunday, August 01, 2010

"I've driven this car for nearly 5 years. I have had no problems with this car. It has a powerful engine, a nice interior that seats 4 comfortably and a nice big trunk. Good car for the money."

It just keeps going

By on Friday, February 12, 2010

"I have owned this vehicle since new in 2003. It has been an excellent value. This car now has 182,000 miles and is still going strong. Looks good. Runs good. A very comfortable, quiet ride. I have had only minor issues, which would be expected for the number of miles. I have been so very pleased."

THEE best vehicle I have owned

By on Thursday, December 24, 2009

"I bought this car new and drive it daily to work (160 mile round trip). Change oil every 6,000 to 7,500 miles. First spark plugs, first timing belt, first serpentine belt, first new hoses, water pump all replaced at 215,000 miles. At 260,00 miles it still drives like the day I bought it. Still on original rotors (turned three times, original shocks, all electronics still perfect, never a drop of fluid on my garage floor. Never been waxed and finish is still excellent. Cloth upholstery is perfect (even the driver's seat which gets 3 1/2 hours of wear every work day). The only single thing I can say I don't like is the static build up on the cloth material...it zaps you everytime you get out of the car. I have been blessed with this vehicle and I'm going for another 260,000 miles. If this car ever wears out I'm going to find another 2004 to 2005 with low miles to replace it...I'll make sure to get the (non-static) leather interior LX model though."