2002 Hyundai Sonata

Based on 331 Ratings for the 1999 - 2005 models.

It just keeps going

By on Friday, February 12, 2010

"I have owned this vehicle since new in 2003. It has been an excellent value. This car now has 182,000 miles and is still going strong. Looks good. Runs good. A very comfortable, quiet ride. I have had only minor issues, which would be expected for the number of miles. I have been so very pleased."

THEE best vehicle I have owned

By on Thursday, December 24, 2009

"I bought this car new and drive it daily to work (160 mile round trip). Change oil every 6,000 to 7,500 miles. First spark plugs, first timing belt, first serpentine belt, first new hoses, water pump all replaced at 215,000 miles. At 260,00 miles it still drives like the day I bought it. Still on original rotors (turned three times, original shocks, all electronics still perfect, never a drop of fluid on my garage floor. Never been waxed and finish is still excellent. Cloth upholstery is perfect (even the driver's seat which gets 3 1/2 hours of wear every work day). The only single thing I can say I don't like is the static build up on the cloth material...it zaps you everytime you get out of the car. I have been blessed with this vehicle and I'm going for another 260,000 miles. If this car ever wears out I'm going to find another 2004 to 2005 with low miles to replace it...I'll make sure to get the (non-static) leather interior LX model though."

good car

By on Thursday, January 15, 2009

"Only 4 minor cons: a bit noisy on road trips; seats could be a bit more padded for long trips; console between seats too short to rest arm on; radio/stereo unit of poor audio quality. I would buy this make and model again. Have owned it for 4 years and it is still performing well. Miles from 2x yearly road trips and local city driving . Excellent acceleration from 0-30 for entering freeway and highway traffic. Very maneuverable. Roomy front seats and leg room. Large trunk. Often mistaken for a Black Mercedes."

great value

By on Sunday, July 20, 2008

"just hit 160,000 and overall very happy with this car. other than window regulators, lock actuator and a coil pack on the engine its been very reliable. changed the starter and basic maintenace. still gets 24 mpg and has original timing chain. would buy again and v6 motor has great power."

It is the best car!

By on Monday, August 11, 2014

"I am the fourth owner of a 2002 sonata. It is a wonderful vehicle. I have never found any critical malfunctions. After the purchase, I only repaired a power window regulator of the right front door. No leaks on any valve and pipes! Even though it is aged, driving noise in high speed over 70 mph is calm. Air conditioning is also fantastic! A/C is really important in summer in Texas. The flow of air is strong, making the inside cooled very quickly. Good performance!"