2001 Hyundai Sonata

Based on 312 Ratings for the 1999 - 2005 models.

Wonderfully reliable, comfortable car

By on Sunday, November 16, 2014

Pros: "driving comfort, reliability, value, mpg, power"

Cons: "visors don't cover whole side window"

"My Sonata has been a stalwart friend for 14 years and over 188,000 miles. It remains comfortable, reliable and loaded with pep after a recent tune-up. I have had few problems with it, and those were corrected quickly. My car has leather seats, steering wheel and shift knob, power driver's seat, power windows and locks, tilt wheel, cruise control, etc. The major reason I am selling it is I need a vehicle to tow my boat, which this cannot do - but it did tow a U-Haul trailer when I moved. Yes, it can tow up to 1000 pounds as described in the Owner's Manual. You wouldn't believe what I have carried in my Sonata that people said would not fit. It resided 10 years in the "salt belt" and has limited rust at the lower edge of the hood. This is a great car if you just take care of it. In July it took me to the East Coast and back in complete comfort, averaging 28 mpg. That was amazing for a car with 185,000 miles on it and before the tune-up."

Warning: Dangerous Vehicle

By on Thursday, November 06, 2014

Cons: "Can kill you."

"There is a safety recall on this vehicle due to corrosion on the sub frame when it is operated in the salt belt of the northern part of the US. Hyundai missed the opportunity to identify this safety issue several times and ensured me that it was safe to drive in. Days later, the wheel broke away from the sub frame while I was driving. Nearly a month later, the customer service from Hyundai has been absolutely terrible and I stand to lose a lot of money for an issue that I shouldn't have been exposed to as a consumer. Stay away from Hyundai vehicles."

My Sonata just won't die!

By on Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pros: "very reliable"

Cons: "not the prettiest car ever made..."

"I've been wanting a new car for about 5 years. Every year, I think something is going to go wrong with this Sonata that will make me finally give it up. Hasn't happened! It just keeps going and going. I had to do routine maintenance (oil changes, brakes, tires, etc.), but nothing significant on this car has failed. Very reliable, basic transportation. I'll drive it anywhere with confidence. Runs better than my wife's 2007 Lexus!"

best vehicle

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2014

"like this car"

have i injoyed owning this car

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Pros: "great price for work any local business"

Cons: "may need small repairs due to age and milage"

"O op this car is very reliable for around town driving handling is very good alignment is true tires are almost new radio works interior good condition exterior paint original i would recommend this car to drive every day with out fear"