2000 Hyundai Sonata

Based on 331 Ratings for the 1999 - 2005 models.

Love my car

By on Saturday, January 19, 2013

Pros: "Smooth driving even after 7 yesrs"

Cons: "Wheel Barron's go bad quickly"

"My mother owned this car brand new for 6 years and myself for 1 we both love this car still to this day.... She said it never compared to any vehicle as has ever owns.... She used to trade in every 2 years but not this one .... And one day she gave it to me as a gift .... I love this car... Yes I've started to have a couple electrical problems recently and the wheel Barron's are needing to be replaced frequently but other than that I could be happier and will hold on to this car for as long as I possibly can!"

Great hand-me-down that hasn't disappointed

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pros: "All around decent car, reliable, somewhat quick"

Cons: "Feels cheap (even for Hyundai)"

"My family purchased this car a few years back as a family car, cheaper on gas than our trucks/SUVs. At the time, we did not know, but the car had been given to the dealership from a rental car company. That being said, sitting around 120k miles, this car has not had a single major issue come up. When we took it in to get a full service done at a Hyundai dealership a few months back, the tech looks at us and says, "Wow, this is one of the cleanest, most well kept cars of this model I have ever seen before in my life." So maybe it's because we have taken care of it, and those before us, but this car is, as I see it, entirely as reliable as one could expect a car to be. I push it a little bit with my "aggressive" driving, and even with that, it's not having issues. The quality of the car, as far as components and whatnot go, is a little disappointing. For a 2.7l V6, you would expect more power from than there is. The steering is great but it definitely floats a bit, which I personally like. The interior, though, looks extremely cheap and just doesn't flow very well. However, it is extremely roomy and the trunk is pretty large for a vehicle that is as lightweight and feels, driving wise, as small as this one is. Inside, it feels bigger than it is. Driving this car is extremely comfortable for me, being a male standing 5'10 weighing 190. The back headroom is a little cramped but overall, nothing to complain about. The real downside here is that, compared to competition, sometimes it is hard to justify this car. It stands at a weird niche in the market that just really hurts it. Plus only having a 4 speed auto REALLY isn't helping it any."

Absolutely LOVE this car

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pros: "Fabulous to drive. Quality cannot be beat!"

Cons: "Paint on outside handles came off."

"Have owned this car since October, 2002. The car is extremely quiet. Just drove a new 2012 Chevrolet and all I heard was the engine--nothing quiet like my Hyundai Sonata. I bought the V6 new with the works and have enjoyed it tremendously. My gas mileage on a trip was 33 mpg. Cannot beat that! Extremely reliable and a dream to drive. Plan on keeping it for another 100,000 miles. The leather still looks great in the car, the stereo still sounds great, sunroof has given me no problem, and all the extras have given me a lot of pleasure. We were so happy with this car we bought my son a new Sonata in 2010 and now my daughter a Sonata in 2012. The only other car I have owned that I truly loved was my 1961 Corvette which I bought in 1961. The only one thing wrong with this car is that the handles paint came off especially on the passengers side which was rarely used. Cannot justify asking my husband for a new car when it still drives like the day I bought it, almost 10 years ago. I would recommend this car to anyone!"

great car for a great price!

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

"I love this car... I bought it new in 2004 have over 100,000 and have never had an issue!"

love the car

By on Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pros: "low maintenace and havent had any major repairs!"

Cons: "leg room in the back can get cramped when travelin"

"I've had my car since 2000 and I amjust now looking to buy a new car I,ve never had to replace anything major on it bedsides tires and a battery. Since my car just hit 200,000 miles I will be car shopping for a new sonata!"