2013 Hyundai Santa Fe

9.8

Based on 12 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

9.7/10
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Solid car, reliable, but no fun

By on Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Reason: wanted something more powerful

Pros: "Good value, reasonable fuel economy"

Cons: "Basic model lacks power, no much fun driving."

"I will break it down by sections: ------ DESIGN: Taste is personal. However while I do enjoy the exterior look and feel of the car, the interior is much less to brag about. There is plenty of space, but quality of materials is overall mediocre at best as to be expected given the price of the car, but mediocrity shows perfectly.-- The tall "ceiling" is fine with me (I am 6'2") but seats are on the low side and my wife (5'4") complains that she has to sit too low. Also in intense sun, the high roof let one very exposed to the intensity of the sun light and sunshades are not much help in the CA sun, in particular during Winter sundowns when the Sun is just in your face. -- Getting in and out is not the smoothest of operations either, in particular if one is short. -- Cup holders in front, back seat passengers, gets more room than in other cars, but not much else. ----- FUEL ECONOMY: Good ~28 mpg (70% highway, 30% city). Considering that the car is heavy, I was impressed positively here. ----- POWER: Adequate on flats, not satisfactory on mountain roads. If you slow down enough, you need to get heavy on the gas pedal to bring it back up to speed. Not much of a fun factor. The Sport model is another thing completely. Now the power is good and it is fun to drive. Go for it, if you can! ----- DRIVING: I took the car on the twisty roads of Topanga Canyon, Paso Robles, etc... The car is reasonably easy to drive in the sense that I could drive it using just one finger. It is responsive, but it is not precise and I was often compelled to make small corrections. A little bit heavy and lacks agility on narrow mountain/hill roads. ----- VALUE: Good.. for ~$30k with several options it is about what you would get with a Honda CR-V, Toyota RAV-4 or Mazda CX 5. But, there is nothing remarkable inside to show off. ----- RELIABILITY: Good, but truth be told, I had it for the period 0-20k miles which is usually hit or miss on many cars. Usually, the pain starts once cars are no longer covered by their warranties."

First SUV. Great vehicle.

By on Thursday, January 01, 2015

Pros: "Great safety features."

"I'm impressed with the safety features; blind spot warning and back up warning. Vehicle has plenty of power if needed and gets in the upper 20s to about 30 MPG on the road at 65 MPH."

Best vehicle in its Class! By Far!

By on Saturday, November 01, 2014

I own this car

Pros: "Everything - power, electronics, looks, & comfort!"

Cons: "No cup holder on the 2nd row bucket seat style"

"We just purchased the 2014 Santa Fe Limited Ulitimate with the saddle leather seats and all the options and we are having a BLAST!! We currently have only about 500 miles to our credit on the odometer and have found nothing that we are dissapointed about with one exception - no cup holders for the 2nd row bucket seat configuration. Kid's are grown and on their own so who really cares anyway! The cockpit area of this car is amazing and we are still finding incredible features about this car that make the overall driving experience one to be remembered and cherished for a long time to come. You will not be dissapointed and I have personally driven all the competition prior to making my decision to purchase this vehicle and none of them, for the price and warranty coverage, compare to this Crossover SUV. Go try one if you are in the market - you will not be dissapointed!"

fantastic SUV

By on Saturday, October 18, 2014

Pros: "value, looks, size, features, MPG, power, warranty"

Cons: "daytime running lights poor exterior color choices"

"my wife and I had the 2007 Hyundai Veracruz, we just bought the 2014 santa fe GLS AWD with ultimate package. I researched 12 SUV's and the santa fe beats them all, including luxery models like the acura mdx, and the lexus rx350 Incredible value, great looks, and the best power and mileage combination. Also, the size is perfect, fits in our garage Highly recommend, make sure you test drive the santa fe, before you decide on a brand"

Awesome Car...Limited Ed. !!

By on Friday, October 17, 2014

Pros: "Smooth, Fun, Easy and Accommodating (Limited Ed)"

Cons: "None at this point"

"You won't regret this purchase. I have had it over a year and I truly LOVE everything about my car (Limited Edition)."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Santa Fe near Honolulu. See local deals