2010 Hyundai Santa Fe

Based on 549 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Great all around

By on Sunday, August 05, 2007

"Purchased Feb 07. I have 11500 on the SantaFe and would purchase another. I had previously test driven most SUVs; priced from $30000 to $58000. The SantaFe drives great, quiet and very responsive. Just completed a 6500 mile trip and averaged 23.4mpg. Several tanks of 26.5mpg traveling 75+ mph as we traveled to the West coast. I calculated the mileage manually so I know it was actual."

Best in the snow

By on Saturday, November 01, 2008

"Vehicle has totally exceeded all expectations. I never believed it would handle as well as it does on the snow and ice. My wife and two kids drive this daily in the long Alaska winters and I have the utmost confidence in the Santa Fe. I have tried numerous times to get out of control in the car and the traction/stability control have performed flawlessly. Overall a great car for the price and the included safety features."

Love my Santa Fe

By on Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Pros: "Love everything about it but the gas mileage."

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I own a 2002 Santa Fe and have around 223,500 miles on it. Repairs that have had to be made are things that I would consider as normal. I have had repair people tell me that some things that are just now starting to go out (which is normal for all cars) would have gone out a long time ago had it been an American made car. Like everyone else, I do wish it got better gas mileage with the price of gas these days. I plan to continue to drive my car until it finally dies and I have no choice but to replace it."

Outstanding Vehicle

By on Sunday, June 07, 2009

"Bought mine new in '01. Now have 145,000 miles on it and am reluctant to give it up. In all that time and miles, I have had absolutely NO repairs, The tires lasted until 85K miles. I continue to average 24MPG. It's FWD and I never got stuck in the CO snows. Plenty of room to carry a lot of stuff, and people. Even on long trips, the car is comfortable and a joy to drive. My Santa Fe has been great, but it's time to move on. You will not go wrong if you buy one."

A very good suv for the money

By on Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Pros: "A great little SUV at a very fair price"

Cons: "None yet."

"It has a lot of standard features which cost extra on other manufacturer's vehicles I checked out. The utility is excellent. The rear seats fold absolutely flat for extra hauling capacity. There are numerous well designed storage areas including two under the rear floor. One of these houses the jack and tire tools, fire extinguisher etc. and the other larger one is almost like a large under floor tool box with 3 separate storage compartments all hidden by easily opened doors with built in braces for propping them open. The vehicle is pleasant to drive, the ride is a little stiff but then it is an SUV. It has a 3500 lb towing capacity and I have a class III hitch on it for towing my 2800 lb boat which it does very well."

By far the best vehicle

By on Saturday, March 28, 2009

"My wife was just involved in a accident. The person run a stop sign and slammed into her passenger side at 45mph. She walk away from the accident with minor injuries. If it was any other car I believe she would of been seriously injured. They have one of the best front and side car ratings. And always wear your seat belt."

This is my 2nd Santa Fe.

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "Smoothe ride. Reliable. Qulaity vehicle."

"Had a 2003 Santa Fe and liked it so much, we bought a 2008. I have maintained all maintenance documentation for scheduled maintenance. Nothing has failed. We no longer have a need for 3 vehicles, otherwise, we would keep it!"

Best Value and most enjoyable vehicle I have ever

By on Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pros: "Great price/value, relaible, trouble free ownershi"

Cons: "no Blue Tooth '08 or our '07, mileage is 20-24"

"At age 65 I have owned a number of different makes models and styles of auto. Of everything I have ever purchased, none have come close to providing me with the reliability, enjoyable use, and serious value for the money spent. None. Period. My wife also owns the same vehicle. Mine is the Ltd model, hers is the GLS. Neither car has ever required anything other routine mainenance. The cars are super well built (no interior or body rattles even after several years of ownership). The cars are simply wildly better than the competition, but sell at a reasonable price."

By on Wednesday, July 01, 2009

"I Purchased this vehicle as a rental return when it was 8 mos. old & 12,000 mi. I am very impressed with the quality of the vehicle for the price. It's comes standard with AWD and yet I get 26mpg @67 mph on the freeway with summer blended gas (a little less with the A/C on). With OD or a couple of hundred less RPMs at highway speeds, MPG would be better. Other reviews mentioned how quiet it is, yes and it rides and drives well. With the ESP it feels very responsive and my insurance rate was lower because of the crash ratings for the vehicle. Looked at the RAV4 and the Subaru Forester which may be slightly better, but not for the price difference. I replaced the stock speakers and kept the standard stereo and my CDs sound very good. This unit was manufactured in Tenn., way to go american workers. The only negatives-very excessive wind noise at 45+ mph when the back side windows are more than 1/4 rolled down and the back window could open for longer materials. I do outside sales and I'm not tired after 200-300 mi. An enjoyable ride for the price."

Disappointing

By on Saturday, August 25, 2007

"I traded in my 2004 Toyota Highlander Limited for the 2008 Limited edition Santa Fe. The price was definitely good although now I know you get what you pay for. The Hyundai, while a good vehicle lacks the sophistication and finish of the Toyota and this has become more apparent with time with the kind of things that are are not picked up during a test drive like excessive road noise, creaks and rattles, poor arm rest and steering wheel positioning and MPG. I have just been able to crack the 20 mpg point. I want my Toyota back and will be trading this vehicle very soon."

Never been back to the dealer in over two years.

By on Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive....Ride is a bit stiff but good springs are essential ."

Cons: "Arm rest for driver is too far back in order to accomodate cup holders."

"Seating is very comfortable because we spend three days driving south in the winter with no complaints. For storage of luggage etc. "stow and go" seats would be convenient but when we take passengers they are more comfortable in the rear seats as they are. Small V6 is more than adequate fully loaded or when towing 2600 lbs. boat and trailer. Gas mpg under this condition is 21 mpg. No load is 24 mpg."

Terrific SUV

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2008

"For years I have driven full-sized pickups. This is my first SUV and I love it. I get pretty good gas mileage 19 - 23 MPG. It is very quiet compared to my son's Honda CR-V. When it was brand new I drove it across country in snow and ice and it ran like a top, with no skidding or sliding. That was a miracle for an old pickup driver. The Santa Fe is comfortable and good-looking and the service here in Bartlesville is over the top. Truly the best I have ever experienced, and I have owned several new trucks. I will drive Hundai's from now on."

Did I buy the only bad apple?

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2008

"Purchased 07 Santa Fe, the first new car in several years. Love the comfort, but have had to take it back to dealers about every other month ( dealer is an hour away). Everything from peeling paint on the bumper, to electrical problems, heating problems, door handles falling off etc. Today (at 30,000) needing new brakes and rotors all around. I won't even mention the terrible tires that it came with!"

Lemon

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2008

"I liked the Hyundai Santa Fe for the most part, but the second day after i bought it the turn signal stopped working. This problem continued as long as the law required for Hyundai to replace or buy back. Hyundai did all they could to fix the problem, but the car was just a lemon. frankly in the four months i owned it, the dealership was working on it for 31 days spread out over three months."

Satisfied Customer

By on Saturday, October 20, 2007

"Purchased this car January, 2007 and have driven it 12,500 miles. I have the 3.3 L V6 and AWD and get 26mpg all highway and 17-18 mpg in suburban driving. I didn't need the 3rd row seat option, and the extra storage well is a plus w/o it. I have had no problems except for paint adhesion problems on the front bumper. This was corrected by dealer under the warranty. The styling is suberb with a German flair. Looks like a VW Taureg. No mechanical problems yet. It is comfortable to drive, very quiet with no wind noise and very roomy. The absence of an automatic dome light in the front is a nuisance when opening the doors. Fit and finish is excellent. A great value and much better than Ford Escape, Toyoto CRV or Honda Pilot"

Some problems

By on Tuesday, September 21, 2010

"In the time I have owned this Santa Fe, I have had to replace a brake sensor, throttle sensor and a battery. I didn't expect to have these problems in a car that I bought brand new, and with less than 23,000 miles on it now. There has also been a persistent buzzing coming from the cargo area, even after having been repaired. This was in a "service bulletin", so no recall was issued for it. It was recently back in the Hyundai dealer service shop, and it appears that the buzzing may have been due to something with the battery (not sure why...). After I replaced the battery, I don't notice it as much. The XM radio also seemed to be affected by the battery problem. It would intermittently not operate. The lights would come on, the display would show the channel, but I had no sound, and I couldn't change the channel. This seems to have cleared up with the new battery. Overall, the Santa Fe is nicely finished, rides pretty well (slightly nervous on bad roads), accommodates large quantities of cargo, especially when moving my son to college and back, and is a very pleasant vehicle in which to spend time traveling. I'm just unsure about whether I can depend on it."

Quiet and good gas mileage

By on Saturday, July 25, 2009

"We had a Lincoln Navigator before, and this Hyundai Santa Fe Ltd. is as quiet as it was. It is comfortable for in-town driving, and we just got back from 12 day, 2,500 mile trip, and got almost 26 mpg--we are pleased for a two year old vehicle."

Solidly Built

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2008

"I researched all of the midsize SUVs thoroughly, and everything pointed me towards the Santa Fe. When I hit a deer six weeks after buying, doing $3000 worth of damage, I was just sick. But Hyundai's roadside assistance sent a tow truck, and the collision center did a great job on the vehicle. Best of all, nothing rattles eight months later. The deer was huge, and I didn't even get a stiff neck out of the accident, thanks to the solid construction of my Santa Fe."

Worth it for the price

By on Saturday, September 15, 2007

"Overall the vehicle is a very good value. The MPG is stated accurately when driving posted speeds, however manics on the highway will see a decrease in MPG over 70. There are a few slight problems not evident at first. The stereo system is ok, but talk shows often sound muffled or distorted. The cloth interior is made of cheaper fabric which will detoriate quickly. The seats can be uncomfortable on longer trips. Finally, there is louder than normal road noise, but who drives in silence. With all that I still would recommed it to others as I can't see spending 10k+ more for the brand name. Don't buy the toyota hype as Hyundai's will last just as long with proper care and maintenance."

Great value; best kept SUV secret

By on Thursday, June 28, 2007

"I've driven my Limited for nearly 3,000 miles and have no complaints; fit and finish are at or close to Japanese and European quality, but the sticker is thousands less. If you trade every two or three years and trade-in value is important, you may not want to consider Hyundai because it doesn't currently have the resale value of Japanese vehicles. But if you plan on owning it longer, you defintely need to put the Santa Fe on your must-see, must-drive list. Likes: Styling, fit and finish, price, long warranty, nice interior, performance. Dislikes: Gas mileage could be better; I average 18-19 combined driving; 23-24 on the freeway. Standard XM satellite radio not IPod-ready."

Best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "Great vehicle, still enjoy it after 5 years"

"My previous two vehicles were both BMWs. This car cost much less and is just a better value. The interior looks like it did 5.5 years ago. Maint. consist of a battery and a few oil changes. No rattles, everything works as it did when new. No rattles or squeaks. Tires are wearing perfectly even. Best of all I still have a warranty. I would keep this car forever, but I really want the new toys that come on the current models. I am planning to keep this vehicle in the family, too good to let go!"

Love my Santa Fe!

By on Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pros: "Great value, fun to drive, great styling"

Cons: "Paint quality, MPG"

"I bought my Santa Fe after extensive research on crossover AWD vehicles. The value was the big attraction at first, plus I liked the styling. Great in the snow and on ice! I like the size of the Santa Fe for running around town, parking, etc. I bought the vehicle in black, which I would not do next time. Shows door dings and is hard to keep clean. I feel the paint job could be of a better quality - could just be the color. I also expected better mpg when I bought it, but I have been a bit disappointed that I typically get around 16-17 mpg in town and the best I've gotten on the highway is 26 mpg. It isn't the most comfortable car to ride in on a long trip, but because my previous vehicle was a Pontiac Montana SV6, my judgement might be skewed just a bit. My 17 year old daughter is hoping I will give it to her when she goes away to college next year (fat chance!). I love the new look of the 2013 and I'm tempted to trade up to the new on. I would definately recommend looking at the Santa Fe."

Great deal for the money!

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "Great value."

Cons: "The Bridgestone tires."

"Got the navigation system on the 2009 - nice! Gas mileage is around 24 most of the time. Only negative is the hard Bridgestone tires made the ride chippy at times."

Good looks, MPG/Horsepower/Interior substandard

By on Monday, January 30, 2012

Pros: "Headlights"

Cons: "MPG, horsepower, AWD, interior cheap wears quickly"

"I have owned this car since Jan 2007. I bought the 2.7L 6 cyl. Should have paid the extra $3k for the 3.3L, much more power with little variance in mpg and would have included a higher level of trim (i.e. fog lights, mud guards, interior).MPG on this has been 22 tops and the 2.7L is underpowered for travel especially through mountain highway passes up here in Washington State. The AWD symbol is a misnomer, it works only up to 19mph and then shuts off. The defrost does not keep the entire windshield clear unless you have it on full blast. Plastic and cloth interior is cheap. The beige interior was excellent in the beginning but quickly the steering wheel, armrests on the doors and center console, and cloth seats were worn and dirty (cleaning did not help;this is the 2nd Hyundai I've owned and the same happened to the first which was the Accent 4dr sedan).. Lastly is the annoying neon blue console lights, I have to keep them on the lowest setting because they are so bright. THE POSITIVES are the headlights(excellent)which on low beam rival other cars high beams. You can see far and they cover the entire road plus more. On high beam you can see a half mile down the road clearly. I also like the turn ratio and the 16" alloy wheels performed well. Interior ergonomics are very good. If you are going to buy a Sante Fe get the bigger V6 engine. If you are looking for a true AWD you need to ask if they have made it full time or if it still shuts off at less than 20 mph... It could be a deal breaker, it would have been for me had I known up front and not have to find out in the owner's manual fine print.."

Very good value. Nice look and ride. Good mpg's

By on Saturday, December 31, 2011

Pros: "comfortable ride, MPG, functional interior"

"I just purchased a 2012 Santa Fe AWD 3.5L GLS. The Santa Fe has a car like comfortable drive and is very functional. I just finished a 2000 mile trip to Georgia and got over 26 mpg at 65 to 70 mph. Around town I am averaging 23.5 mpg. The secret to getting good milage with the Santa Fe is to avoid fast starts from a stop and to coast to a stop whenever practical and avoid heavy braking. If you drive this SUV conservatively, it will deliever good mpg's. I own a mountain property with gravel steep roads and the AWD works great. Love it !!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Santa Fe near Honolulu. See local deals