2008 Hyundai Santa Fe

Based on 564 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Best in the snow

By on Saturday, November 01, 2008

"Vehicle has totally exceeded all expectations. I never believed it would handle as well as it does on the snow and ice. My wife and two kids drive this daily in the long Alaska winters and I have the utmost confidence in the Santa Fe. I have tried numerous times to get out of control in the car and the traction/stability control have performed flawlessly. Overall a great car for the price and the included safety features."

This is my 2nd Santa Fe.

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "Smoothe ride. Reliable. Qulaity vehicle."

"Had a 2003 Santa Fe and liked it so much, we bought a 2008. I have maintained all maintenance documentation for scheduled maintenance. Nothing has failed. We no longer have a need for 3 vehicles, otherwise, we would keep it!"

Best Value and most enjoyable vehicle I have ever

By on Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pros: "Great price/value, relaible, trouble free ownershi"

Cons: "no Blue Tooth '08 or our '07, mileage is 20-24"

"At age 65 I have owned a number of different makes models and styles of auto. Of everything I have ever purchased, none have come close to providing me with the reliability, enjoyable use, and serious value for the money spent. None. Period. My wife also owns the same vehicle. Mine is the Ltd model, hers is the GLS. Neither car has ever required anything other routine mainenance. The cars are super well built (no interior or body rattles even after several years of ownership). The cars are simply wildly better than the competition, but sell at a reasonable price."

Disappointing

By on Saturday, August 25, 2007

"I traded in my 2004 Toyota Highlander Limited for the 2008 Limited edition Santa Fe. The price was definitely good although now I know you get what you pay for. The Hyundai, while a good vehicle lacks the sophistication and finish of the Toyota and this has become more apparent with time with the kind of things that are are not picked up during a test drive like excessive road noise, creaks and rattles, poor arm rest and steering wheel positioning and MPG. I have just been able to crack the 20 mpg point. I want my Toyota back and will be trading this vehicle very soon."

Never been back to the dealer in over two years.

By on Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive....Ride is a bit stiff but good springs are essential ."

Cons: "Arm rest for driver is too far back in order to accomodate cup holders."

"Seating is very comfortable because we spend three days driving south in the winter with no complaints. For storage of luggage etc. "stow and go" seats would be convenient but when we take passengers they are more comfortable in the rear seats as they are. Small V6 is more than adequate fully loaded or when towing 2600 lbs. boat and trailer. Gas mpg under this condition is 21 mpg. No load is 24 mpg."

Terrific SUV

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2008

"For years I have driven full-sized pickups. This is my first SUV and I love it. I get pretty good gas mileage 19 - 23 MPG. It is very quiet compared to my son's Honda CR-V. When it was brand new I drove it across country in snow and ice and it ran like a top, with no skidding or sliding. That was a miracle for an old pickup driver. The Santa Fe is comfortable and good-looking and the service here in Bartlesville is over the top. Truly the best I have ever experienced, and I have owned several new trucks. I will drive Hundai's from now on."

Did I buy the only bad apple?

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2008

"Purchased 07 Santa Fe, the first new car in several years. Love the comfort, but have had to take it back to dealers about every other month ( dealer is an hour away). Everything from peeling paint on the bumper, to electrical problems, heating problems, door handles falling off etc. Today (at 30,000) needing new brakes and rotors all around. I won't even mention the terrible tires that it came with!"

Lemon

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2008

"I liked the Hyundai Santa Fe for the most part, but the second day after i bought it the turn signal stopped working. This problem continued as long as the law required for Hyundai to replace or buy back. Hyundai did all they could to fix the problem, but the car was just a lemon. frankly in the four months i owned it, the dealership was working on it for 31 days spread out over three months."

Satisfied Customer

By on Saturday, October 20, 2007

"Purchased this car January, 2007 and have driven it 12,500 miles. I have the 3.3 L V6 and AWD and get 26mpg all highway and 17-18 mpg in suburban driving. I didn't need the 3rd row seat option, and the extra storage well is a plus w/o it. I have had no problems except for paint adhesion problems on the front bumper. This was corrected by dealer under the warranty. The styling is suberb with a German flair. Looks like a VW Taureg. No mechanical problems yet. It is comfortable to drive, very quiet with no wind noise and very roomy. The absence of an automatic dome light in the front is a nuisance when opening the doors. Fit and finish is excellent. A great value and much better than Ford Escape, Toyoto CRV or Honda Pilot"

Best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "Great vehicle, still enjoy it after 5 years"

"My previous two vehicles were both BMWs. This car cost much less and is just a better value. The interior looks like it did 5.5 years ago. Maint. consist of a battery and a few oil changes. No rattles, everything works as it did when new. No rattles or squeaks. Tires are wearing perfectly even. Best of all I still have a warranty. I would keep this car forever, but I really want the new toys that come on the current models. I am planning to keep this vehicle in the family, too good to let go!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Santa Fe near Honolulu. See local deals