2008 Hyundai Santa Fe

Based on 553 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Lemon

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2008

"I liked the Hyundai Santa Fe for the most part, but the second day after i bought it the turn signal stopped working. This problem continued as long as the law required for Hyundai to replace or buy back. Hyundai did all they could to fix the problem, but the car was just a lemon. frankly in the four months i owned it, the dealership was working on it for 31 days spread out over three months."

Satisfied Customer

By on Saturday, October 20, 2007

"Purchased this car January, 2007 and have driven it 12,500 miles. I have the 3.3 L V6 and AWD and get 26mpg all highway and 17-18 mpg in suburban driving. I didn't need the 3rd row seat option, and the extra storage well is a plus w/o it. I have had no problems except for paint adhesion problems on the front bumper. This was corrected by dealer under the warranty. The styling is suberb with a German flair. Looks like a VW Taureg. No mechanical problems yet. It is comfortable to drive, very quiet with no wind noise and very roomy. The absence of an automatic dome light in the front is a nuisance when opening the doors. Fit and finish is excellent. A great value and much better than Ford Escape, Toyoto CRV or Honda Pilot"

Some problems

By on Tuesday, September 21, 2010

"In the time I have owned this Santa Fe, I have had to replace a brake sensor, throttle sensor and a battery. I didn't expect to have these problems in a car that I bought brand new, and with less than 23,000 miles on it now. There has also been a persistent buzzing coming from the cargo area, even after having been repaired. This was in a "service bulletin", so no recall was issued for it. It was recently back in the Hyundai dealer service shop, and it appears that the buzzing may have been due to something with the battery (not sure why...). After I replaced the battery, I don't notice it as much. The XM radio also seemed to be affected by the battery problem. It would intermittently not operate. The lights would come on, the display would show the channel, but I had no sound, and I couldn't change the channel. This seems to have cleared up with the new battery. Overall, the Santa Fe is nicely finished, rides pretty well (slightly nervous on bad roads), accommodates large quantities of cargo, especially when moving my son to college and back, and is a very pleasant vehicle in which to spend time traveling. I'm just unsure about whether I can depend on it."

Quiet and good gas mileage

By on Saturday, July 25, 2009

"We had a Lincoln Navigator before, and this Hyundai Santa Fe Ltd. is as quiet as it was. It is comfortable for in-town driving, and we just got back from 12 day, 2,500 mile trip, and got almost 26 mpg--we are pleased for a two year old vehicle."

Solidly Built

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2008

"I researched all of the midsize SUVs thoroughly, and everything pointed me towards the Santa Fe. When I hit a deer six weeks after buying, doing $3000 worth of damage, I was just sick. But Hyundai's roadside assistance sent a tow truck, and the collision center did a great job on the vehicle. Best of all, nothing rattles eight months later. The deer was huge, and I didn't even get a stiff neck out of the accident, thanks to the solid construction of my Santa Fe."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Santa Fe near Honolulu. See local deals