2008 Hyundai Santa Fe

Based on 552 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Great all around

By on Sunday, August 05, 2007

"Purchased Feb 07. I have 11500 on the SantaFe and would purchase another. I had previously test driven most SUVs; priced from $30000 to $58000. The SantaFe drives great, quiet and very responsive. Just completed a 6500 mile trip and averaged 23.4mpg. Several tanks of 26.5mpg traveling 75+ mph as we traveled to the West coast. I calculated the mileage manually so I know it was actual."

Outstanding Vehicle

By on Sunday, June 07, 2009

"Bought mine new in '01. Now have 145,000 miles on it and am reluctant to give it up. In all that time and miles, I have had absolutely NO repairs, The tires lasted until 85K miles. I continue to average 24MPG. It's FWD and I never got stuck in the CO snows. Plenty of room to carry a lot of stuff, and people. Even on long trips, the car is comfortable and a joy to drive. My Santa Fe has been great, but it's time to move on. You will not go wrong if you buy one."

Best in the snow

By on Saturday, November 01, 2008

"Vehicle has totally exceeded all expectations. I never believed it would handle as well as it does on the snow and ice. My wife and two kids drive this daily in the long Alaska winters and I have the utmost confidence in the Santa Fe. I have tried numerous times to get out of control in the car and the traction/stability control have performed flawlessly. Overall a great car for the price and the included safety features."

A very good suv for the money

By on Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Pros: "A great little SUV at a very fair price"

Cons: "None yet."

"It has a lot of standard features which cost extra on other manufacturer's vehicles I checked out. The utility is excellent. The rear seats fold absolutely flat for extra hauling capacity. There are numerous well designed storage areas including two under the rear floor. One of these houses the jack and tire tools, fire extinguisher etc. and the other larger one is almost like a large under floor tool box with 3 separate storage compartments all hidden by easily opened doors with built in braces for propping them open. The vehicle is pleasant to drive, the ride is a little stiff but then it is an SUV. It has a 3500 lb towing capacity and I have a class III hitch on it for towing my 2800 lb boat which it does very well."

By far the best vehicle

By on Saturday, March 28, 2009

"My wife was just involved in a accident. The person run a stop sign and slammed into her passenger side at 45mph. She walk away from the accident with minor injuries. If it was any other car I believe she would of been seriously injured. They have one of the best front and side car ratings. And always wear your seat belt."

This is my 2nd Santa Fe.

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "Smoothe ride. Reliable. Qulaity vehicle."

"Had a 2003 Santa Fe and liked it so much, we bought a 2008. I have maintained all maintenance documentation for scheduled maintenance. Nothing has failed. We no longer have a need for 3 vehicles, otherwise, we would keep it!"

Best Value and most enjoyable vehicle I have ever

By on Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pros: "Great price/value, relaible, trouble free ownershi"

Cons: "no Blue Tooth '08 or our '07, mileage is 20-24"

"At age 65 I have owned a number of different makes models and styles of auto. Of everything I have ever purchased, none have come close to providing me with the reliability, enjoyable use, and serious value for the money spent. None. Period. My wife also owns the same vehicle. Mine is the Ltd model, hers is the GLS. Neither car has ever required anything other routine mainenance. The cars are super well built (no interior or body rattles even after several years of ownership). The cars are simply wildly better than the competition, but sell at a reasonable price."

By on Wednesday, July 01, 2009

"I Purchased this vehicle as a rental return when it was 8 mos. old & 12,000 mi. I am very impressed with the quality of the vehicle for the price. It's comes standard with AWD and yet I get 26mpg @67 mph on the freeway with summer blended gas (a little less with the A/C on). With OD or a couple of hundred less RPMs at highway speeds, MPG would be better. Other reviews mentioned how quiet it is, yes and it rides and drives well. With the ESP it feels very responsive and my insurance rate was lower because of the crash ratings for the vehicle. Looked at the RAV4 and the Subaru Forester which may be slightly better, but not for the price difference. I replaced the stock speakers and kept the standard stereo and my CDs sound very good. This unit was manufactured in Tenn., way to go american workers. The only negatives-very excessive wind noise at 45+ mph when the back side windows are more than 1/4 rolled down and the back window could open for longer materials. I do outside sales and I'm not tired after 200-300 mi. An enjoyable ride for the price."

Disappointing

By on Saturday, August 25, 2007

"I traded in my 2004 Toyota Highlander Limited for the 2008 Limited edition Santa Fe. The price was definitely good although now I know you get what you pay for. The Hyundai, while a good vehicle lacks the sophistication and finish of the Toyota and this has become more apparent with time with the kind of things that are are not picked up during a test drive like excessive road noise, creaks and rattles, poor arm rest and steering wheel positioning and MPG. I have just been able to crack the 20 mpg point. I want my Toyota back and will be trading this vehicle very soon."

Never been back to the dealer in over two years.

By on Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive....Ride is a bit stiff but good springs are essential ."

Cons: "Arm rest for driver is too far back in order to accomodate cup holders."

"Seating is very comfortable because we spend three days driving south in the winter with no complaints. For storage of luggage etc. "stow and go" seats would be convenient but when we take passengers they are more comfortable in the rear seats as they are. Small V6 is more than adequate fully loaded or when towing 2600 lbs. boat and trailer. Gas mpg under this condition is 21 mpg. No load is 24 mpg."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Santa Fe near Honolulu. See local deals