2007 Hyundai Santa Fe

Based on 569 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Love my Santa Fe!

By on Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pros: "Great value, fun to drive, great styling"

Cons: "Paint quality, MPG"

"I bought my Santa Fe after extensive research on crossover AWD vehicles. The value was the big attraction at first, plus I liked the styling. Great in the snow and on ice! I like the size of the Santa Fe for running around town, parking, etc. I bought the vehicle in black, which I would not do next time. Shows door dings and is hard to keep clean. I feel the paint job could be of a better quality - could just be the color. I also expected better mpg when I bought it, but I have been a bit disappointed that I typically get around 16-17 mpg in town and the best I've gotten on the highway is 26 mpg. It isn't the most comfortable car to ride in on a long trip, but because my previous vehicle was a Pontiac Montana SV6, my judgement might be skewed just a bit. My 17 year old daughter is hoping I will give it to her when she goes away to college next year (fat chance!). I love the new look of the 2013 and I'm tempted to trade up to the new on. I would definately recommend looking at the Santa Fe."

Some problems

By on Tuesday, September 21, 2010

"In the time I have owned this Santa Fe, I have had to replace a brake sensor, throttle sensor and a battery. I didn't expect to have these problems in a car that I bought brand new, and with less than 23,000 miles on it now. There has also been a persistent buzzing coming from the cargo area, even after having been repaired. This was in a "service bulletin", so no recall was issued for it. It was recently back in the Hyundai dealer service shop, and it appears that the buzzing may have been due to something with the battery (not sure why...). After I replaced the battery, I don't notice it as much. The XM radio also seemed to be affected by the battery problem. It would intermittently not operate. The lights would come on, the display would show the channel, but I had no sound, and I couldn't change the channel. This seems to have cleared up with the new battery. Overall, the Santa Fe is nicely finished, rides pretty well (slightly nervous on bad roads), accommodates large quantities of cargo, especially when moving my son to college and back, and is a very pleasant vehicle in which to spend time traveling. I'm just unsure about whether I can depend on it."

Quiet and good gas mileage

By on Saturday, July 25, 2009

"We had a Lincoln Navigator before, and this Hyundai Santa Fe Ltd. is as quiet as it was. It is comfortable for in-town driving, and we just got back from 12 day, 2,500 mile trip, and got almost 26 mpg--we are pleased for a two year old vehicle."

Hyundai Santa Fe Best Midsize SUV

By on Saturday, December 15, 2007

"I drove every midsize CUV/SUV on the market from Lexus and Infiniti down, and the Santa Fe Limited rose to the top. This vehicle feels like a custom made glove. Tight turning radius, good mileage on regular, luxurious leather interior without any cheap GM-looking plastic, quiet as a churchmouse - at 80mph, rides like a limo, and is quiter than the Lexus. Twice as quiet as the others! The Honda CR-V is crude by comaprison, and the Toyota RAV-4 feels cheap. Test drive the Santa Fe and you will buy it! NO DOUBT IN MY MIND."

Worth it for the price

By on Saturday, September 15, 2007

"Overall the vehicle is a very good value. The MPG is stated accurately when driving posted speeds, however manics on the highway will see a decrease in MPG over 70. There are a few slight problems not evident at first. The stereo system is ok, but talk shows often sound muffled or distorted. The cloth interior is made of cheaper fabric which will detoriate quickly. The seats can be uncomfortable on longer trips. Finally, there is louder than normal road noise, but who drives in silence. With all that I still would recommed it to others as I can't see spending 10k+ more for the brand name. Don't buy the toyota hype as Hyundai's will last just as long with proper care and maintenance."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Santa Fe near Honolulu. See local deals