2007 Hyundai Santa Fe

Based on 564 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Very good value. Nice look and ride. Good mpg's

By on Saturday, December 31, 2011

Pros: "comfortable ride, MPG, functional interior"

"I just purchased a 2012 Santa Fe AWD 3.5L GLS. The Santa Fe has a car like comfortable drive and is very functional. I just finished a 2000 mile trip to Georgia and got over 26 mpg at 65 to 70 mph. Around town I am averaging 23.5 mpg. The secret to getting good milage with the Santa Fe is to avoid fast starts from a stop and to coast to a stop whenever practical and avoid heavy braking. If you drive this SUV conservatively, it will deliever good mpg's. I own a mountain property with gravel steep roads and the AWD works great. Love it !!"

Some problems

By on Tuesday, September 21, 2010

"In the time I have owned this Santa Fe, I have had to replace a brake sensor, throttle sensor and a battery. I didn't expect to have these problems in a car that I bought brand new, and with less than 23,000 miles on it now. There has also been a persistent buzzing coming from the cargo area, even after having been repaired. This was in a "service bulletin", so no recall was issued for it. It was recently back in the Hyundai dealer service shop, and it appears that the buzzing may have been due to something with the battery (not sure why...). After I replaced the battery, I don't notice it as much. The XM radio also seemed to be affected by the battery problem. It would intermittently not operate. The lights would come on, the display would show the channel, but I had no sound, and I couldn't change the channel. This seems to have cleared up with the new battery. Overall, the Santa Fe is nicely finished, rides pretty well (slightly nervous on bad roads), accommodates large quantities of cargo, especially when moving my son to college and back, and is a very pleasant vehicle in which to spend time traveling. I'm just unsure about whether I can depend on it."

Quiet and good gas mileage

By on Saturday, July 25, 2009

"We had a Lincoln Navigator before, and this Hyundai Santa Fe Ltd. is as quiet as it was. It is comfortable for in-town driving, and we just got back from 12 day, 2,500 mile trip, and got almost 26 mpg--we are pleased for a two year old vehicle."

Solidly Built

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2008

"I researched all of the midsize SUVs thoroughly, and everything pointed me towards the Santa Fe. When I hit a deer six weeks after buying, doing $3000 worth of damage, I was just sick. But Hyundai's roadside assistance sent a tow truck, and the collision center did a great job on the vehicle. Best of all, nothing rattles eight months later. The deer was huge, and I didn't even get a stiff neck out of the accident, thanks to the solid construction of my Santa Fe."

Worth it for the price

By on Saturday, September 15, 2007

"Overall the vehicle is a very good value. The MPG is stated accurately when driving posted speeds, however manics on the highway will see a decrease in MPG over 70. There are a few slight problems not evident at first. The stereo system is ok, but talk shows often sound muffled or distorted. The cloth interior is made of cheaper fabric which will detoriate quickly. The seats can be uncomfortable on longer trips. Finally, there is louder than normal road noise, but who drives in silence. With all that I still would recommed it to others as I can't see spending 10k+ more for the brand name. Don't buy the toyota hype as Hyundai's will last just as long with proper care and maintenance."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Santa Fe near Honolulu. See local deals