2003 Hyundai Santa Fe

Based on 676 Ratings for the 2001 - 2006 models.

Unreliable

By on Sunday, August 19, 2007

"We love the ride and performance of this vehichle. The reliability is in the gutter. We have had Trans replaced. Engine torn down twice as well as several other sensors and problems. Been in the shop 13 times including routine maintenance. We live in country and taking it in takes at least a1/2 day overall even with a loaner. What will it cost us after warranty is out? Cant afford to take a chance. Many people have had good results with this vehichle but not us."

Best vehicle I ever had!!. been driving 43 yrs

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, good for all kinds of weather, safe"

"I am about ready to trade in due to high mileage and am sad to do so due to this having been such a dependable car. besides the usual upkeep and one garage bill for repairs that was about 800 $ for sensors, there was nothing ever wrong with it in 8 years. Very speedy too."

Exceeded expectations and great in bad weather!!!

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "low maintenance and great value for the price"

Cons: "kind of noisy, had to add a tow package $$"

"This car was a great deal for the money. I have been really pleased, especially with dealing with horrible road conditions and weather!"

Ive had it over 10 years and 100000 miles

By on Saturday, June 22, 2013

Pros: "It never lets me down."

Cons: "Not superfast takeoff."

"I purchased this vehicle brand new with 3 miles on the odometer. I also got the 10 yr bumper to bumper warranty. This car does not have a super quick take off but ive had it up to 130 mph. Bet it would have gone faster but was afraid of the ticket. I have had it on many jeep only trails off road, long road trips across the country day to day city commute and just sitting idling for hours. I have had to put very little into the car for parts or repairs. My car is the one vehicle on the road regardless of conditions. Ive towed a 4x4 1998 dodge ram 2500 numerous times across town and it doesn't feel like im pulling anything. When the big 4x4 trucks get stuck in the snow I am the one pulling it out. there is not anyplace mud snow rivers that has stopped me yet in it. everything in the interior is very logically placed. I am 5'4" and my little brother is 6'5" and we both fit comfortably in any seat in the car. Plenty of leg room everywhere even in the back seat with the drivers seat pushed all of the way back. Easy to drive and have a hard time getting it to slide when I want too ie empty icy parking lots. Excellent traction everywhere. Love the car. Would buy it all over again in a heartbeat."

i have the 3.5 l v6 its a lilttle rough on gas .

By on Saturday, August 09, 2014

Pros: "good in snow,plenty of cargo room,cool features"

Cons: "gas milage ,tires have to be bought 4 at a time."

"i bought the car off a friend of the family privately.iv owned the car for 1 year and its been in the shop 1 time for a throttle positioning censor which roughly cost me 275 dollars for full bill.Other then that its great in the snow unbelevable compared to other 4 wheel cars iv driven in the snow.i bought the car with 93k on it for miles and now have 117k.Im a 300 pound man and it has plenty of room and is comfortable so thats not an issue.i own th lx model which had the 3.5 l v 6 in it im currently getting about 21 miles to the gallon.over all its a great vechicle and would buy another one ."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Santa Fe near Honolulu. See local deals