2001 Hyundai Santa Fe

Based on 683 Ratings for the 2001 - 2006 models.

i have the 3.5 l v6 its a lilttle rough on gas .

By on Saturday, August 9, 2014

Pros: "good in snow,plenty of cargo room,cool features"

Cons: "gas milage ,tires have to be bought 4 at a time."

"i bought the car off a friend of the family privately.iv owned the car for 1 year and its been in the shop 1 time for a throttle positioning censor which roughly cost me 275 dollars for full bill.Other then that its great in the snow unbelevable compared to other 4 wheel cars iv driven in the snow.i bought the car with 93k on it for miles and now have 117k.Im a 300 pound man and it has plenty of room and is comfortable so thats not an issue.i own th lx model which had the 3.5 l v 6 in it im currently getting about 21 miles to the gallon.over all its a great vechicle and would buy another one ."

Exceeded expectations and great in bad weather!!!

By on Monday, July 7, 2014

Pros: "low maintenance and great value for the price"

Cons: "kind of noisy, had to add a tow package $$"

"This car was a great deal for the money. I have been really pleased, especially with dealing with horrible road conditions and weather!"

1 owner car,reg.service only,love my car

By on Monday, February 3, 2014

Pros: "Great price in 2002, comfortable & fun to drive"

Cons: "I have nothing negative to say"

"I purchased this car in Dec.2002. It has never left me stranded,or disappointed for any reason. Lived in snow country & found the 4WD worked great. All in all I hate to get rid of it afraid I won't get another one that meets my expectations."

Love!

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pros: "Dependable!"

Cons: "Doesn't have an easy way to install a hitch"

"I have owned this car for almost 7 years and it still runs like a champ! I've never had any major mechanical issues and it's never broken down on me. In one particularly ridiculous winter (when it snowed almost 4 feet over a few short days), mine was the only vehicle getting in and out of the neighborhood thanks to the trusty FWD. I've hauled everything from dogs to kids to couches in the back and it's always cleaned up nice. Came standard with convenient features, so I didn't have to shell out a ton of extra money to be comfortable. When asked if I would get another, my answer is always, "Definitely! I love my car!""

Pretty Good Car, Reliable safe and low maintenance

By on Friday, November 4, 2011

Pros: "Good Engine Good Trans"

"We bought this car used in 06 with a little over 50,000 miles I believe. We did have something go out in the first year of ownership in the engine that smelled like burning rubber that was fixed for about $800. Other than that, the engine and trans has been good to us. The paint does peel on this car though. It started last year at about 8 years old. Also, this is not a comfortable car for driving long trips. This car is driven alot of highway miles and is still going strong today at 170,000. I would have to say that this car has been pretty good overall."

Best ever

By on Monday, April 1, 2013

"Overall this may be the best car I've ever owned. When considering cost to buy, cost to maintain, total cost of ownership for 12 years and all those things it can't be beat. The only shortfall might be if you're looking for sports car handling. At 12 years old it still looks stylish. I'd buy a new one in a minute if they still made them. (The new models are bigger with smaller engines)"

My best vehicle ever!

By on Saturday, December 10, 2011

Cons: "Belts chirping when it rains and now all the time"

"I changed my factory tires @ 101,000 miles I changed my factory battery @ 182,500 miles I changed my factory brakes @ 79,000 miles I changed my 2nd pair of tires @ 182,500 miles I haven't really changed any belts yet All I have to say is that this is TRULY the BEST vehicle ever! How could I NOT get another Hyundai!! :) :) :)"

Nice SUV - " Try it, You'll Like it!"

By on Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pros: "DESIGN, price, value,driving ,reliability, comfort"

"Don't expect the Santa Fe to drive and ride like a luxury SUV. It is comfortable, a joy to drive and you get more than your money's worth. Like this design over the newer design. Will keep this vehicle until if falls apart or dies. Hard to find used older models, owners don't want to give them up. At least twice a year, I receive mail from Hyundai stating my vehicle is in demand and offering outrageously high trade in value etc.... Don't take my word for it! Do as I do! Stop a Santa Fe owner (older or newer design - especially older design)and ask them about the vehicle."

no issues, low maintenance, most dependable!!

By on Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Pros: "great price, dependable, low maintenance, looks good"

"Hardly put any money into this car for almost 8 years. Always starts, runs like a champ, handles great, good for roadtrips, good mileage and I am seriously upset that I got hit by another car and will have to give it up! I was going to keep it until it gave up the ghost... so sad."

Will get you through anything

By on Saturday, August 18, 2007

"Solid reliable vehicle, but a pig on gas."

This vehicle is absolutley awesome!!! Cuts through

By on Wednesday, March 27, 2013

"snow like it is butter!!! Bought it pre-owned, I have owned it for 5 years and have had absolutley no problems. Did have to replace the original battery though but that's okay because it exceeded its original life span. Do check out the Santa Fe if you are in the market. Very reliable car"

The best car I've ever owned

By on Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pros: "great, dependable car"

Cons: "cant think of any"

"I bought this car because of the warranty and am very satisfied. I wouldnt hesitate to recommend it and purchase another one."

It just keeps ticking . . .

By on Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Pros: "Reliable. Safe"

Cons: "It just won't "die" !"

"After years of leasing (VW's, Mazda's) I purchased the Hyundai Santa Fe in 2004. GREAT vehicle. I take very good care it. Minimum maintenance requirements, minimum "recalls". No problems with it at all. Best warranty available."

Affordable-Great Family Car

By on Saturday, June 23, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, AWD, low maintenance, roomy interior"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"We bought our 2003 Santa Fe in 2008 with 60,000 miles on it. We now have over 100,000 and hope to have it for 5 more years. Great car! The AWD is perfect for the Colorado winters, the V-6 engine has great get-up, and the interior is spacious and comfortable. My husband is 6'2" and can fit comfortably in the front or the back. Low maintenance, small turning radius, and drives like a car (easy to park). I do wish it had better gas mileage (18-24 depending on driving), but we use it mainly for driving kids around town. Highly recommend!"

love it

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "roomy drives great just plain happy with it"

Cons: "dont have any"

"i love it! out of all my cars its definitely my favorite. runs great looks great has enough room for my kids and my double stroller! and fyi for the lady writing about the rust its because you live in snow! with any car it rust after a long time because they put salt on snow so actually with any used car if it from a place that snows look underneath"

Awesome car!

By on Friday, October 7, 2011

Pros: "sturdy car, cute, fun to drive"

Cons: "gas mileage, minor problems"

"I love this car. We bought it brand new and it became my first car two years ago. I have put a ton of miles on it in the two years. We had a few minor problems in the beginning and recently since the car is almost 10. All problems were repaired under the 10 year/100k mile warranty so we didn't have to pay for the repairs. I now drive it 230 miles home from school and haven't had any problems. I love the sporty look, awesome for a college student! Could have a bigger tank or better gas mileage, but overall for an suv, it's cute, easy to drive and a great first car!"

By on Sunday, December 30, 2007

"We bought this vehicle new in 2004. We absolutely love it. My wife and I have over 40 years driving experience each. I am a fan of big cars, but this vehicle has impressed us both greatly. I love how it handles in town and on the highway. Every passenger that we have had has been impressed with the comfort. The reliability is unmatched. We have the larger engine and it does not disappoint us when power and performance are needed. When replacement time has come, only Hyundai will be considered in our house."

Engine trouble

By on Saturday, December 29, 2007

"Loved the car for 60,000 miles. Then had major problems w/crank shaft sensor. Replaced once still not right but dealer said it was fixed. Back to dealer 4 times. Engine blew before I could get in to dealer again. They replaced engine under warranty but was without the car on & off for 4 months while they kept saying it was fixed and engine MF light kept coming on. Reimbursed for less than 50% of rental car charges (had to rent car because mine was in the shop for days at a time and they had no loaner program). At 110,000 crank shaft sensor gone again, $1000 to replace. I think the 4 cyls may have history of this problem be wary of 4 cyl. until you do research"

wonderful 6 years now

By on Friday, August 17, 2007

"I am the original owner since 2001. Had 2 Ford Explorers and got tired of the payments and insurance. This SUV has 75000 miles and still has the original tires! I have only changed the oil and brakes. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who is looking for a reliable vehicle without high maintenance and a SUV that gets decent mileage. My only complaint is that it tends to be a little uncomfortable driving over 8 hours at a time."

Great vehicle

By on Sunday, July 8, 2007

"I have a 2001 Santa Fe, and have never had one problem with it at all!! It's the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. I have recommended this car to many people that have taken my advice and bought one of their own. They are as impressed as I am. If you want an SUV that drives like a car, is reliable with a great price - buy it!"

I love my Santa Fe

By on Sunday, March 1, 2015

Cons: "Gas tank rusts and has to be replaced."

"best car I ever owned,lots of room,easy handling."

Been a good auto

By on Friday, February 6, 2015

"would make a good car for a second auto or for student 1st auto"

Best car I've ever owned!

By on Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pros: "reliabilty, safety, value"

Cons: "fuel efficiency"

"We bought our Sante fe brand new in 2002. It now has 256,000 miles on it. We have only ever had to minor repairs on it and we have definitely gotten our money's worth out of it. We are getting ready to sell it for a more fuel efficient car but I am going to be sad to see her go :( afterall she's been part of the family for 10 years now."

I have loved this car

By on Sunday, December 4, 2011

Pros: "Great in snow, v6 power, storage capacity, value $"

Cons: "Not the best sound system"

"So reliable. Have not had to do anything but the basics for maintenance. Always starts, runs great. Bought it off the showroom floor and put all 105k on it. Best vehicle I've ever had! Great in snow. Great storage capacity, I've moved large furniture with it and have no problem getting my two big dogs in the back. It's super comfortable to drive. The V6 has great power. Love, love, love it. The thought of getting rid of it makes me so sad!"

Best car I've owned

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

"This is by far the best, most reliable vehicle I've owned. Bought it new in 2003 and have NEVER had any issues. Done the regular oil change and maintenance...been a great vehicle. I've always averaged 23-25 mpg combo city/hwy driving. Comfortable and fun."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Santa Fe near Honolulu. See local deals