2001 Hyundai Santa Fe

Based on 672 Ratings for the 2001 - 2006 models.

Great car overall

By on Sunday, July 08, 2007

"In the most important areas, I give this car 5 stars without hesitation. It's reliable. It hasn't even hic-uped once in the 4 years we've had it. It's solid, safe, and comfortable. It's a little slow off the line, but has plenty of passing power once it's moving. I have 2 complaints. First, the electric window and lock controls are not lit, a real pain at night. I have heard Hyndai added that the next model year though. Other than that, sometimes the car has a bit of a "cheap" feel to it, although not real bad. The cruise control is rather primative compared to other cars of this year. Also, the plastic seat belt covers pop off, the rear seat had a problem with the recliner mechanism. No big problems. I wouldn't hesistate to recommend it or to buy another though. You really get a lot of bang for the small bucks in this car. We have the 2.5 V6 with automatic, and get 18.3 miles per gallon around town."

Incredible

By on Monday, December 17, 2012

Pros: "Can't beat the reliability, value, comfort."

Cons: "No cons...perfect car."

"I purchased my 2003 Santa Fe in 2003, and am about to roll over to 400,000 kms/250,000 miles. Aside from routine oil changes whenever I remember to do it, usually ecery 6 - 7000 kms, 3 timing belts (every 120,000), spark plugs done once, brake pads replaced once, original battery, thats it, still running as good as the day I bought it."

240,000 Miles and Keeps on Going - Love It

By on Saturday, April 27, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, versatile, good value"

Cons: "Drives like an SUV - but it is!"

"This is a great car! I have had very few problems. A dead AC compressor at 200k and a frozen spare tire crank. That's it besides your normal maintenance (oil, brakes, belts). At 240,000 miles I am still getting 22 MPG. Always starts first try. If it dies, I might just have the engine replaced. Still looks great! At nearly 10 years old still looks current."

Perfect for a small family!

By on Sunday, September 02, 2012

Pros: "Cost to own/operate, Comfort, Value, Reliablity"

Cons: "Tires- unusual size= kinda pricey"

"I have owned this vehicle for a little over 5 years and drive it daily. When I bought it, all I wanted was 4doors, 4 wheel drive option, and SUV body style. It is a smaller SUV but it serves my family of 4 without complication. The only negative about it is that with a booster seat and an infant seat in the back, there's not a lot of room for a 3rd person. I have had 0 problems with reliabilty. The 4wd works beyond compare (if you know how to properly navigate the midwest weather). My husband has even used this vehicle to pull large trucks (like a ford f250 diesel) out of ditches!...completely beyond reccommended use but it worked and had no problems. As far as comfort goes, I can't complain. The "ride" is very comfortable. And the FUEL MILEAGE amazes me. I can travel approximately 450miles (highway) on a full tank. In town, or short trips, I can go almost 2 weeks (mileage unknown)before re-fueling! This vehicle has cost me nothing to drive beyond normal wear and tear like gas, oil changes, and tires (just replacing those for the 1st time and they are still not junk). If you are a smaller person its perfect, but if you are 7foot tall, you may be a bit cramped. Can not say enough good things about this SUV."

By on Thursday, July 05, 2007

"This is the second Sante Fe that I have owned. I had a 2004 which I traded for a 2006. I have never had any problems with either Sante Fe. It is a SUV that drives like a car. Great Car."

244000 miles and still rides well.

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

"244000 miles and reliable and comfortable. I take long trips with this care and get reasonable gas milage (better milage when it had less miles). Lots of convenience features and great value for the money. Both my daughters own Sante Fe's and likewise never have any trouble. One daughter has 176,000 and the other has 140,000."

Better investment ever..

By on Monday, September 09, 2013

"Today I traded in my 2004 Sante Fe for a 2013 model. If you are considering one of these cars I highly recommend getting one, they are the best bang for the buck!"

Boy, did I luck out

By on Sunday, August 04, 2013

Pros: "Heated seats: great on chilly nights or mornings"

Cons: "No interiror trunk release"

"In reading reviews of the Santa Fe it appears that the 2005 model year was about the best. I bought it new in June 2005 and it rode, and still rides, like a dream. It is spacious, comfortable in front and rear, has a large trunk area and drives beautifully. Two complaints: sometimes when accelerating from a dead stop the car jumps forward; and I've had to replace the battery 3 times in 8 years. Although I live in the Phoenix area in the winter, I leave for a cool climate in the summer months so there's no justification, in my opinion, for 3 batteries + the original in 8 years. Also, the alarm, which the dealer says is aftermarket, goes off by itself at odd times or is triggered by lightening or thunder. Other than that this 6 cylinder car is great-reliable and comfortable. It would have been nice to be able to release the trunk lid from the inside but that's a minor inconvenience. Too bad the car has never averaged more than 17 mpg no matter if highway or city driving."

Unreliable

By on Sunday, August 19, 2007

"We love the ride and performance of this vehichle. The reliability is in the gutter. We have had Trans replaced. Engine torn down twice as well as several other sensors and problems. Been in the shop 13 times including routine maintenance. We live in country and taking it in takes at least a1/2 day overall even with a loaner. What will it cost us after warranty is out? Cant afford to take a chance. Many people have had good results with this vehichle but not us."

Best vehicle I ever had!!. been driving 43 yrs

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, good for all kinds of weather, safe"

"I am about ready to trade in due to high mileage and am sad to do so due to this having been such a dependable car. besides the usual upkeep and one garage bill for repairs that was about 800 $ for sensors, there was nothing ever wrong with it in 8 years. Very speedy too."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Santa Fe near Honolulu. See local deals