2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,755 - $24,406.

10/7.6

Based on 80 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

9.7/10
Previous | 1 ... 6 7 8 | Next

Best Vehicle Ever!!!

By on Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, stylish, great on gas"

Cons: "Purchase the Sport 2.0 for more horse power"

"I'd been looking for a mid size SUV to purchase for the last five years, I was torn between the MDX and BMW X5...and I'm glad I waited!!! I knew the Santa Fe was it after I test drove it!! Smooth ride, luxury at an affordable price, it is stylish and everything I'd been dreaming of having in my first SUV. I did my research, I read customer reviews and each car site I visited the Santa Fe received positive reviews and the owners are very happy with their purchase!!! I' highly recommend the Hyundai Santa Fe Sport to anyone who is looking to purchase a new SUV!"

Excellent power with lots of zip. Quiet and smooth

By on Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pros: "Fast, comfortable, stylish and affordable."

Cons: "I wish had more time to drive it"

"I have been buying new cars since the late 60's. The Santa Fe 2.0 has plenty of speed and response. The interior is spacious and very comfortable. The panoramic sunroof gives the feel of being outdoors. The ride down the road is comparable to that of a sedan. The technology package is a bit overwhelming but after a bit of time becomes easy to use and enjoy. Best car I ever owned."

Best vehicle i have ever owned

By on Thursday, March 07, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "No rear climate control"

"Best SUV around for the money. Gas mileage is incredible, drives better then most luxury vehicles such as BMW that I have owned. I have the 2.0T with all the options besides 4wd and couldn't be happier!"

Best Santa Fe to date

By on Saturday, February 09, 2013

Pros: "Design, comfort drivability and warranty, Bluelink"

Cons: "No daylight driving lights"

"After owning a 2010 Santa Fe this new model is a great improvement on an already fine vehicle. The exterior and interior are much improved and the 2.4 engine is very capable. The V-6 I had in the 2010 was actually too much power. The 2.4 is peppy and is returning good MPG, 26 on the hwy and 22 around short hauling. After owning a 2006 Pilot I find the Santa Fe a better deal and more comfortable vehicle. My neighbor already bought the same Santa Fe."

nice car

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2013

"no problems-fasr 4cyl"

BEST PRICED TURBO FOR CROSSOVER

By on Saturday, January 26, 2013

Pros: "TURBO....19" WHEELS....STYLING...QUITE RIDE.."

Cons: "needs drivers mirror blindspot assit"

"..We were looking for a new car, something that was able to tow 3500 lbs, comfortable, good gas mileage, and looks good. We test drove Nissan, Subaru, Toyota, GM, Mazda,and the new Ford Escape. The Escape was a near buy, but after we drove the "Sport", the turbo and handling were at least as good, and the price was about $4000 LESS, with a longer warrenty. We got the upgrade to the turbo and the base package came with soooooo much we only added mats and the Hyundai applied hitch. The upgrade included the turbo, hitch wiring and additional cooling for the motor and trans, 19" wheels, and a bunch more. Before you buy an Escape or other mid sized crossover, please test drive the Santa Fe Sport, and if you decide on another car, it must be a great deal."

"Underpowered"?......Not at all....

By on Sunday, January 13, 2013

Pros: "Powerful turbocharged 4-cylinder, quiet ride"

Cons: "Haven't found a con yet....."

"My first Hyundai was a 2012 Tucson, mainly for the body style and tight suspension. But when the '13 Santa Fe Sport came out, I knew I made the wrong purchase. Sleek styling, good quality interior & exterior, enough bells and whistles to satisfy any regular car owner...and power out the wazoo from a tiny 2.0L 4-cylinder engine. The person who said in his review "underpowered" obviously hasn't driven the turbocharged 2.0. This little 4-cylinder has PLENTY of power to satisfy the enthusiastic/spirited driver. I've driven plenty of 8-cylinder powerplants over the years, and this 4-cylinder can stand in their group without feeling inferior. All in all, Hyundai has upped the bar for other manufacturers to build a car that feels like a Cadillac yet doesn't cost like one."

A Good Buy!

By on Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Pros: "Value, Style, Features, Warranty"

Cons: "Sliding rear seat requires luxury package."

"We've had the FWD 2.0T with the luxury package for three months now. We've taken it on a 1500 mile trip and lots of around town driving. Comming from a VW to Hyundai I was a little hisitant about fit and finish and driving dynamics. The cabin uses nice materials, lots of soft touch, and Hyundai does a good job at hiding the fact when they don't in areas that aren't really touched anyhow. Only issue so far is the leather on the front passenger seat doesn't appear to be uniform with what appears to be a filler in the thigh suport area. The car drives straight and true on the interstate with little input required, something I'm use to with my VW. There is a bit of body roll in corners and the steering has less feedback than my VW, I attribute this to the electronic steering. But overall the car is composed, quiet, and smooth in all but at the limit situations. The turbo is not as quick off the line as I expected but once underway it really sets you back in your seat when passing, merging, changing lanes. I averaged around 28mpg doing 80mph on an extended trip. The back up camera went from being novel to a must as there are serious blind spots. There is plenty of room in the back seat for our two kids, especially with the sliding/reclining seats. Selectable steering is best left on Sport for most feedback, Comfort is best for one finger parking garage manuvers. Overall we are very happy with this purchase especially when compared to comparably equipped alternatives on the market. If you can live without navigation and sunroof, 99% of the time we drive locally and smart phones with Nav that can sync to the car anyhow, then the luxury package is the sweet spot in terms of options in my opinion."

This Vehicle is great!

By on Friday, November 30, 2012

Pros: "Great everything, (tech, features, luxuries..etc)"

"I recently purchased a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T (2L Turbo 4-cylinder) AWD with the Premium and Technology packages, as well as Carpeted floor mats, wheel locks, compass mirror with home link, trailer hitch and more. (Its LOADED) Its great, my kids LOVE it and they really enjoy the Panoramic Sunroof, heated rear seats, reclining seats, and sunshades. Up font we love all of the amazing technology packed inside this sporty, yet luxurious car. We previously owned a 2004 volvo xc90 2.5T (5L V6 engine) with the extra wood, platinum and technology packages as well. It was great, but it was 8 1/2 years old, so we decided to get a new car. I was looking at the BMW X5, Mercedes Benz GLK and ML classes, and Buick Enclave, and Acura MDX, it all came down to looks, luxury, space, MPG, comfort and tech. We went to the Hyundai Dealers and asked for the specific version we wanted, it took a week. But we finally bought the EXACT model with the color scheme we wanted, the packages and accessories we wanted and EVERYTHING we wanted and then some. I recommend this car to anyone!"

Read road test reviews before test driving

By on Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pros: "good value well styled lots of nice features"

Cons: "2.0L seems underpowered fuel economy above 55 mph"

"Given the vehicles specs and appearance it appears to be an outstanding buy but there are some areas you should look at carefully to see how well the vehicle matches your needs. I find it well styled with an attractive interior and exterior , good ride quality, quiet, and lots of nice features. However it fails to deliver on projected EPA fuel mileage (these have been revised downward since I purchased it) and the power of the 2.0L is not what one would expect given the rated output and at higher highway speeds the fuel mileage drops more than with V6 equipped competitors. Do not think that because Hyundai has designated the model as "Sport" that you will get class leading handling or performance."

Previous | 1 ... 6 7 8 | Next