2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,911 - $24,550.

10/7.6

Based on 71 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 ... 6 7 8 | Next

Read road test reviews before test driving

By on Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pros: "good value well styled lots of nice features"

Cons: "2.0L seems underpowered fuel economy above 55 mph"

"Given the vehicles specs and appearance it appears to be an outstanding buy but there are some areas you should look at carefully to see how well the vehicle matches your needs. I find it well styled with an attractive interior and exterior , good ride quality, quiet, and lots of nice features. However it fails to deliver on projected EPA fuel mileage (these have been revised downward since I purchased it) and the power of the 2.0L is not what one would expect given the rated output and at higher highway speeds the fuel mileage drops more than with V6 equipped competitors. Do not think that because Hyundai has designated the model as "Sport" that you will get class leading handling or performance."

Love the new styling. Fun and functional!

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Pros: "Attractive, fun, efficient and comfortable"

Cons: "Limited cabin storage compartments"

Mirrors up to avoid tricks or treats on Halloween!

"This is my first new car and I love it! A great blend of performance, practicality and luxury. I purchased the sport 2.0T with luxury and technology package, minus AWD. Highway mileage is excellent, easily exceeding 30+ mpg and city is accurately advertised around 21 mpg. Overall great gas mileage for a vehicle pumping out 264hp. I've merely logged 751 miles, but so far the only negatives I've noticed are a lack of storage compartment space in the front seat cabin and that it's slightly on the small side in regards to headroom for someone with my 6ft 4in frame. Great ride, quiet interior and smooth, yet responsive acceleration when ECO is turned off. With ECO engaged, acceleration is a bit sluggish as expected and efficiency is improved. The Infinity audio package is fantastic and the sub woofer provides rich, powerful bass when desired. This model is expected to hold it's value well and for the price I wasn't able to find it's equal in competitor offerings. As a long time Toyota owner, i feel great about my first Hyundai vehicle...especially with their 5 year/60000 mile bumper to bumper and 100000 mile powertrain warranties. Two thumbs up!"

Mirrors up to avoid tricks or treats on Halloween!

Hyundai SE Sport 2.0t FWD, both amenity packages

By on Friday, November 02, 2012

Pros: "Value. Style. Great fun to drive."

Cons: "So many options, so little patience to master them"

"Purchased $2100.00 off msrp. Seranno red. Loaded including towing package. A beautiful, functional and smart vehicle in every respect. Hyundai has thought of everything. An engineering marvel at thousands less than similar vehicles I researched. I noticed some reviews are critical of the steering. Here's my take. The vehicle has three driving modes - set the mode that is best for you. I prefer the "sport". "Comfort" is probably for those who traded in a Grand Marquis or a Buick. The driving mode does effect steering, from tight to mushy. Also, one can disengage the electronic steering by pressing a button located to the close left of the steering wheel on the dash, although I find no need to do so. Bottom line, THE STEERING IS NOT A PROBLEM, IMO. In fact, I find it perfect so far. Responsive and true. I recommend getting the turbo. This is a well regarded engine from Hyundai and has power to spare.If you can afford it, both options packages are great and provide all you need, and more, for a top notch driving experience. Living near water, the towing package is a cheap add-on. This car is a head turner. My wife loves it, My children love it. It is assembled and broadly made in and about West Point, Georgia. I recommend a tour of the Hyundai plant in Montgomery AL. After taking the trip during working hours at the plant, I knew why Hyundai is leaving Detroit and other ancient regime competitors in the dust. I did not rate reliability yet. But with a 5/60,000 bumper to bumper with an option of adding a 10/100,000 warranty covering everything it appears as though Hyundai has a lot of confidence in their products. My wife and I also own a 2009 Sonata, which at 61000 is trouble free to date."

Very nice car

By on Wednesday, October 17, 2012

"I had a 2007 Santa Fe with 40,000 mile on it with no problems so I gave that one to my daughter. The 2013's were in and I found one I liked. The difference between the cars is night and day. Right away I found I had more room, way better brakes, quieter inside and better ride. The 4 cylinder 2.0 turbo with the 6 speed automatic is very smooth and has plenty of power. I really like the car and the looks. It's a keeper"

Love my Santa Fe !

By on Friday, October 05, 2012

Pros: "Price, value, road noise"

Cons: "Blind spots"

"I've had this CUV for about a week, very pleased with my purchase. Was originally looking at the smaller tucson then drove hondas crv and decided the space was needed. Went back to Hyundai and tried out the Santa Fe, one test drive and I was sold ! The difference between the two models was noticeable mostly on comfort and the cabin noise. Right now I'm getting good gas mileage and the ride is quite smooth. My only issue right now is backing up, as there is a few blind spots but going from driving a car to a CUV its something I'm sure I'll get used to. The steering wheel modes are neat, I wasn't sure I would use them really but I do notice a difference. Especially when parking in parking lots(the comfort mode works best) to driving on the highway (sports mode) I also looked at the Kia Sorento, as they seemed comparable, Santa Fe just has that added touch to it though."

Love my Santa Fe !

By on Friday, October 05, 2012

Pros: "Price, value, road noise"

Cons: "Blind spots"

"I've had this CUV for about a week, very pleased with my purchase. Was originally looking at the smaller tucson then drove hondas crv and decided the space was needed. Went back to Hyundai and tried out the Santa Fe, one test drive and I was sold ! The difference between the two models was noticeable mostly on comfort and the cabin noise. Right now I'm getting good gas mileage and the ride is quite smooth. My only issue right now is backing up, as there is a few blind spots but going from driving a car to a CUV its something I'm sure I'll get used to. The steering wheel modes are neat, I wasn't sure I would use them really but I do notice a difference. Especially when parking in parking lots(the comfort mode works best) to driving on the highway (sports mode)"

Quality, fun car.

By on Saturday, September 29, 2012

"It looks great and drives even better"

Nice ride,, I got Mineral Gray with Black Leather

By on Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Pros: "lots of options for the money"

Cons: "When backing up, hard to see over the headrest"

"I bought this car on Sep 13 2012,,, its a 2013 model.. 2.0 turbo, fully loaded, its a nice car, lots of options for the money. drives really well, fun to drive, so glad I bought this car instead of the Kia Sportage that I almost bought twice,,haha,, So glad I bought this Hyundai ,,"

Great quality

By on Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pros: "Design, turning, fun to drive."

Cons: "Power is ok but wish I had the 2.0T"

"I have the AWD sport with the navigation system and leather seats. I have had this car for 2 weeks and love it. The interior is very roomy and nicely laid out. The bluetooth/phone is easy to setup and transfer between phones. The turning is sharp. All of the technology is confusing at first but has been easier than I expected to use."

First one off the lot from my dealer!

By on Monday, September 17, 2012

Pros: "Roomy, easy to drive, nice controls, good mileage"

Cons: "Rear visibility, seats, price over 2012 model"

"I enjoy the 2013 Santa Fe Sport. I have 3 kids and was looking for a backup to a Chevy Traverse. The Traverse is nice; we needed the 3rd row of sears, but gets horrible gas mileage. After nearly a month the Santa Fe Sort is getting around 24 mpg in mainly city driving, we have not used it for a long trip, yet. The front seats feel nicer on the Traverse, but the instrument layout is nicer on the Santa Fe. We looked at the Mazda CX-5 and found its interior less refined than the Hyundai. Plus the engine needed to have more acceleration applied to really move with the associated extra noise. The Santa Fe has nice acceleration and handling with two adults, I have driven around very little with the whole clan. I was able to take it on a nice 7 mile curvy back road trip late one night without touching the breaks or going below 50 mph on the windy road. While it was short, the car was stuck on the road without alot of lean, I am used to driving the Traverse that would have never been able to do this. The price crept up in 2013 but it is still nice, you can max the standard FWD in the low $30's. The navigation likes to take the direct path, even if a highway parallels the selected road. I created an area to avoid for local use to keep it on the highway. The 8" touch screen is nice to use. Most functions have a dedicated button to get to the right menus on the screen and you use the screen from there. Most of the dash is LCD as well which looks nicer than the old set of idiot lights. Bluetooth is a mixed bag. I have been told by people on the other end of a Bluetooth call that I am hard to hear, I have turned up the outgoing volume. It can also be hard to hear the incoming call, even with the volume up. The car synchronizes with the phone so I can see the last calls placed/received and use that info to place the next call. Voice control works well, I have not tried to control more than the phone so far but it is capable of running the radio and other functions as well. The music streaming is great, my Droid Razr Maxx automatically streams music to the car. Sound comes through nice. Works playing music from a playlist or from apps like Pandora. One nagging issue is rear visibility. The swooping design takes away from the rear windows. This was a problem with a Murano I owned a couple of years ago that continues in the design of many CUV's. A backup camera is standard but you still feel like twisting your neck around to see that last piece of ground when backing up. I really like the car and am happy we bought it. All 3 kids sit in the back seat with more room than some of the other vehicles we had looked at. The middle seatbelt in the 2nd row comes out of the seat instead of the roof which I liked as well. I look forward to better gas mileage as it is broken in and am happy with the purchase. This is my 2nd Hyundia, we traded a 2007 Entourage for this one."

Previous | 1 ... 6 7 8 | Next