2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,275 - $24,226.

10/7.6

Based on 89 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

A pleasant surprise

By on Monday, March 25, 2013

Pros: "Great style, excellent 2.0T motor, will tow 3500"

Cons: "no roof rack w/ pano, tight drivers footwell."

"When I started shopping for a crossover, the Santa Fe wasn't on my radar. After looking at a large crop of choices I thought I had it down to two or three finalists. One was sportier, another had more room and a third was more upscale. I caught a review on the Santa Fe, a vehicle I hadn't really considered, that was very positive. After a couple of test drives I was sold. Across the board it bested the other finalists in most catagories and came very close on those that it didn't. 1200 miles later and I'm even more sure of my choice. It rides very well for a cuv, the 2.0T puts a smile on my face when I need the power and it has a very solid feel about it. Mine is fully loaded and if you didn't know the marque, you would think you were sitting in an Acura or Lexus. Front and rear heated seats, heated steering wheel and heated outside mirrors. Yes, winter is still here. Fantastic panoramic roof, 12 way power drivers seat, gorgeous interior layout and materials and both sliding and tilting rear seats. 550 watt 12 speaker Infinity Logic 7 surround sound system with HD radio and Bluetoooth. Top it off with a 10 year powertrain warranty, 5 year 24 hour roadside assistance and Blue Link. This is a very capable CUV at an affordable price."

Excellent power with lots of zip. Quiet and smooth

By on Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pros: "Fast, comfortable, stylish and affordable."

Cons: "I wish had more time to drive it"

"I have been buying new cars since the late 60's. The Santa Fe 2.0 has plenty of speed and response. The interior is spacious and very comfortable. The panoramic sunroof gives the feel of being outdoors. The ride down the road is comparable to that of a sedan. The technology package is a bit overwhelming but after a bit of time becomes easy to use and enjoy. Best car I ever owned."

Surprise!!!!

By on Monday, August 19, 2013

Pros: "Performance, great price, sporty."

"Stumbled on to my Santa Fe Sport 2.0T by accident. Test drove several other models with the full intention of buying something else. After comparing, none of the others could match my 2.0T for price, performance, looks, and road feel. This little CUV is a winner. The twin scroll turbo engine is the real thing. Very smooth and very powerful. Have not had a single issue with this vehicle since I purchased it in late May 2013. Leather seats are absolutely awesome."

Follup Review/Now at 24,800 Miles

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pros: "Value, great interior layout, build quality"

Cons: "nothing of any significance"

"Completely satisfied with the 2.0 2013 Santa Fe Sport we purchased in October of 2012. Murano Red and all options. With the huge difference in amenities and technology between the base model and the loaded version, by all means try to stretch and get the option packages. Not one problem. Vehicle runs and looks great. Averaging about 27 mpg (urban and light suburban highways). TWEAKS: 1. I turn off the traction control as I find the vehicle drives better when accelerating quickly and the steering seems more sensitive to my touch.2.I use the Sport suspension option(there are three on this vehicle) for the best ride. My wife and I could not be more pleased with the quality build, the vehicle amenities (we are still discovering some neat features), the support via quality inquiry surveys from Hyundai and our dealership and the comments from our friends when they experience the ride and comfort."

Great CUV, great MPG, so so steering.

By on Monday, July 01, 2013

Pros: "Value for $, roominess, MPG, warranty"

Cons: "Sluggish, steering, all the colored dash lights"

"I have just over 9K miles on the base model. MPG improved as the CUV was driven. Avg 25 with mixed driving. Best was a highway only trip 31 MPG. Love the comfort of the seats and better visibility from raised seating. The gear selector display, next to the actual shift knob is way, way too bright at night. The only way to get it to dim is to dim the dash lights to the point they are off. Finally I added a piece of window tint on the display to knock down the brightness. Not a fan of the darker rims on base model. Rims always look like they need cleaning."