2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,125 - $24,092.

10/7.6

Based on 94 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

Nice ride,, I got Mineral Gray with Black Leather

By on Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Pros: "lots of options for the money"

Cons: "When backing up, hard to see over the headrest"

"I bought this car on Sep 13 2012,,, its a 2013 model.. 2.0 turbo, fully loaded, its a nice car, lots of options for the money. drives really well, fun to drive, so glad I bought this car instead of the Kia Sportage that I almost bought twice,,haha,, So glad I bought this Hyundai ,,"

A lot of fun to drive

By on Monday, August 05, 2013

Pros: "2.0turbo, interior & exterior design, fit & finish"

Cons: "No blind spot warning system."

"I bought my Santa Fe Sport about two and a half months ago after doing a lot of research of other SUV's and I am very happy with my choice. I wanted a fully loaded Sport with the turbo engine in seranno red which was very hard to find, I purchased it from Sansone's Auto Mall located in New Jersey but they had to get the vehicle from another dealership located in Danbury CT and I am so glad that I held out for a red one, the Sport looks beautiful in this color and I am always getting complements on my new Santa Fe no matter where I go, especially the color. The fit and finish on the Sport is excellent and I think that the interior as well as the exterior are just beautiful, very upscale. What I really didn't expect was how much fun this SUV is to drive, the 2.0 turbo is just as quick as any 6 cylinder in this class only with better gas millage, I am averaging about 23 mpg in combined driving, on the highway I have gotten over 27 mpg and in the city about 20 mpg, I am very pleased with both and I think that it will only get better over time and when the AC is not on all the time. I think that anyone looking for a midsize SUV owes it to themselves to check out the Santa Fe Sport, not only do you get a lot for your money but this vehicle looks beautiful and is a blast to drive and I'm no kid and this is the first SUV I have ever owned, I just thought it was time for a change after owning cars all my life. Now if it proves to be as reliable as my 2006 Azera that I traded in I will be one very happy camper."

Excellent power with lots of zip. Quiet and smooth

By on Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pros: "Fast, comfortable, stylish and affordable."

Cons: "I wish had more time to drive it"

"I have been buying new cars since the late 60's. The Santa Fe 2.0 has plenty of speed and response. The interior is spacious and very comfortable. The panoramic sunroof gives the feel of being outdoors. The ride down the road is comparable to that of a sedan. The technology package is a bit overwhelming but after a bit of time becomes easy to use and enjoy. Best car I ever owned."

Surprise!!!!

By on Monday, August 19, 2013

Pros: "Performance, great price, sporty."

"Stumbled on to my Santa Fe Sport 2.0T by accident. Test drove several other models with the full intention of buying something else. After comparing, none of the others could match my 2.0T for price, performance, looks, and road feel. This little CUV is a winner. The twin scroll turbo engine is the real thing. Very smooth and very powerful. Have not had a single issue with this vehicle since I purchased it in late May 2013. Leather seats are absolutely awesome."

Love my Santa Fe !

By on Friday, October 05, 2012

Pros: "Price, value, road noise"

Cons: "Blind spots"

"I've had this CUV for about a week, very pleased with my purchase. Was originally looking at the smaller tucson then drove hondas crv and decided the space was needed. Went back to Hyundai and tried out the Santa Fe, one test drive and I was sold ! The difference between the two models was noticeable mostly on comfort and the cabin noise. Right now I'm getting good gas mileage and the ride is quite smooth. My only issue right now is backing up, as there is a few blind spots but going from driving a car to a CUV its something I'm sure I'll get used to. The steering wheel modes are neat, I wasn't sure I would use them really but I do notice a difference. Especially when parking in parking lots(the comfort mode works best) to driving on the highway (sports mode)"

I have had this car just over one year.

By on Saturday, July 25, 2015

Pros: "All good"

Cons: "Nothing bad about the car at all."

"Absolutely love it. It is the best car I have ever driven on winter roads in the north country. I have had several cars, but this car handles the best. I will definitely buy another Hyundai."

Great CUV, great MPG, so so steering.

By on Monday, July 01, 2013

Pros: "Value for $, roominess, MPG, warranty"

Cons: "Sluggish, steering, all the colored dash lights"

"I have just over 9K miles on the base model. MPG improved as the CUV was driven. Avg 25 with mixed driving. Best was a highway only trip 31 MPG. Love the comfort of the seats and better visibility from raised seating. The gear selector display, next to the actual shift knob is way, way too bright at night. The only way to get it to dim is to dim the dash lights to the point they are off. Finally I added a piece of window tint on the display to knock down the brightness. Not a fan of the darker rims on base model. Rims always look like they need cleaning."

Very nice vehicle

By on Saturday, July 18, 2015

Pros: "Very comfortable & fun to drive."

"We bought our Santa Fe Sport at the end of April and paid just over 37. We bought the XL Titanium Silver. In BC it's the next model down from the Limited. We really like this vehicle. Getting about17/100km with 50/50 hwy/city. We love the huge sunroof,the awesome power,and are looking forward to the awd,heated seats and wheel this winter."

Great suv....handles nicely..gas milage is a plus

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

Pros: "gas milage, alot of extras are standard"

Cons: "would like Larger sun visors, and lighted mirrors"

"We went from Suburbans to a Tahoe to a Sante Fe. We have several friends with Santa Fes and they praised them. So for gas milage mainly we traded and bought a 2013 Sante Fe in 2012. We have had it a year and a half and still really like it. My husband is a big guy and says he has plenty of leg and head room. It goes in the snow just fine. Our next suv may well be another Sante Fe. We like the fact that alot of the upgrades on other vehicles are standard on this one."

Love It!

By on Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Pros: "Warranty, Price, Reliability, Blast to drive, Easy"

"We are a Hyundai family. This is the 7th Hyundai our family has owned in the last 6 years and have loved every one of them! 3 Tibourons,1 Sonata, 1 Elantra and 2 Santa Fe's. They have come a long way from when I considered them low priced throw away cars. The only consistant problem and mind you it is just this one is the battery life on 3 of the cars was only 2 years and they made good on all three."

Best vehicle i have ever owned

By on Thursday, March 07, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "No rear climate control"

"Best SUV around for the money. Gas mileage is incredible, drives better then most luxury vehicles such as BMW that I have owned. I have the 2.0T with all the options besides 4wd and couldn't be happier!"

Love my Hyundai Santa Fe

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "great ride, great gas mileage"

"I love my Santa Fe....It gets great gas mileage, great mid-size, my grandchildren love the reclining back seats, it has very attractive interior....can't say enough about it!"

Beware of Engine Problems

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "luxury feel"

Cons: "engine is prone to failure"

"After test driving many small SUVs, I purchased a 2014 Santa Fe Sport 2.4L. On the drive home from the dealership, I realized the engine was making a strange noise. When I called the dealership, they told me the engine noise was normal. I even took it in twice and they still told me it was a normal noise. It wasn't until I took the car in for an oil change 2 months later that they found metal filings in the oil pan and said they would replace the engine with a new one. Unfortunately "new" meant remanufactured in their vocabulary. After searching the Internet, I've found that others have experienced this same problem, so there is clearly something wrong at the manufacturer. Anyway, my gas mileage has declined considerably with the new engine and Hyundai is telling me to go through arbitration if I'm not happy."

Love my Santa Fe !

By on Friday, October 05, 2012

Pros: "Price, value, road noise"

Cons: "Blind spots"

"I've had this CUV for about a week, very pleased with my purchase. Was originally looking at the smaller tucson then drove hondas crv and decided the space was needed. Went back to Hyundai and tried out the Santa Fe, one test drive and I was sold ! The difference between the two models was noticeable mostly on comfort and the cabin noise. Right now I'm getting good gas mileage and the ride is quite smooth. My only issue right now is backing up, as there is a few blind spots but going from driving a car to a CUV its something I'm sure I'll get used to. The steering wheel modes are neat, I wasn't sure I would use them really but I do notice a difference. Especially when parking in parking lots(the comfort mode works best) to driving on the highway (sports mode) I also looked at the Kia Sorento, as they seemed comparable, Santa Fe just has that added touch to it though."

First one off the lot from my dealer!

By on Monday, September 17, 2012

Pros: "Roomy, easy to drive, nice controls, good mileage"

Cons: "Rear visibility, seats, price over 2012 model"

"I enjoy the 2013 Santa Fe Sport. I have 3 kids and was looking for a backup to a Chevy Traverse. The Traverse is nice; we needed the 3rd row of sears, but gets horrible gas mileage. After nearly a month the Santa Fe Sort is getting around 24 mpg in mainly city driving, we have not used it for a long trip, yet. The front seats feel nicer on the Traverse, but the instrument layout is nicer on the Santa Fe. We looked at the Mazda CX-5 and found its interior less refined than the Hyundai. Plus the engine needed to have more acceleration applied to really move with the associated extra noise. The Santa Fe has nice acceleration and handling with two adults, I have driven around very little with the whole clan. I was able to take it on a nice 7 mile curvy back road trip late one night without touching the breaks or going below 50 mph on the windy road. While it was short, the car was stuck on the road without alot of lean, I am used to driving the Traverse that would have never been able to do this. The price crept up in 2013 but it is still nice, you can max the standard FWD in the low $30's. The navigation likes to take the direct path, even if a highway parallels the selected road. I created an area to avoid for local use to keep it on the highway. The 8" touch screen is nice to use. Most functions have a dedicated button to get to the right menus on the screen and you use the screen from there. Most of the dash is LCD as well which looks nicer than the old set of idiot lights. Bluetooth is a mixed bag. I have been told by people on the other end of a Bluetooth call that I am hard to hear, I have turned up the outgoing volume. It can also be hard to hear the incoming call, even with the volume up. The car synchronizes with the phone so I can see the last calls placed/received and use that info to place the next call. Voice control works well, I have not tried to control more than the phone so far but it is capable of running the radio and other functions as well. The music streaming is great, my Droid Razr Maxx automatically streams music to the car. Sound comes through nice. Works playing music from a playlist or from apps like Pandora. One nagging issue is rear visibility. The swooping design takes away from the rear windows. This was a problem with a Murano I owned a couple of years ago that continues in the design of many CUV's. A backup camera is standard but you still feel like twisting your neck around to see that last piece of ground when backing up. I really like the car and am happy we bought it. All 3 kids sit in the back seat with more room than some of the other vehicles we had looked at. The middle seatbelt in the 2nd row comes out of the seat instead of the roof which I liked as well. I look forward to better gas mileage as it is broken in and am happy with the purchase. This is my 2nd Hyundia, we traded a 2007 Entourage for this one."

Hyundai SE Sport 2.0t FWD, both amenity packages

By on Friday, November 02, 2012

Pros: "Value. Style. Great fun to drive."

Cons: "So many options, so little patience to master them"

"Purchased $2100.00 off msrp. Seranno red. Loaded including towing package. A beautiful, functional and smart vehicle in every respect. Hyundai has thought of everything. An engineering marvel at thousands less than similar vehicles I researched. I noticed some reviews are critical of the steering. Here's my take. The vehicle has three driving modes - set the mode that is best for you. I prefer the "sport". "Comfort" is probably for those who traded in a Grand Marquis or a Buick. The driving mode does effect steering, from tight to mushy. Also, one can disengage the electronic steering by pressing a button located to the close left of the steering wheel on the dash, although I find no need to do so. Bottom line, THE STEERING IS NOT A PROBLEM, IMO. In fact, I find it perfect so far. Responsive and true. I recommend getting the turbo. This is a well regarded engine from Hyundai and has power to spare.If you can afford it, both options packages are great and provide all you need, and more, for a top notch driving experience. Living near water, the towing package is a cheap add-on. This car is a head turner. My wife loves it, My children love it. It is assembled and broadly made in and about West Point, Georgia. I recommend a tour of the Hyundai plant in Montgomery AL. After taking the trip during working hours at the plant, I knew why Hyundai is leaving Detroit and other ancient regime competitors in the dust. I did not rate reliability yet. But with a 5/60,000 bumper to bumper with an option of adding a 10/100,000 warranty covering everything it appears as though Hyundai has a lot of confidence in their products. My wife and I also own a 2009 Sonata, which at 61000 is trouble free to date."

Love the new styling. Fun and functional!

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Pros: "Attractive, fun, efficient and comfortable"

Cons: "Limited cabin storage compartments"

Mirrors up to avoid tricks or treats on Halloween!

"This is my first new car and I love it! A great blend of performance, practicality and luxury. I purchased the sport 2.0T with luxury and technology package, minus AWD. Highway mileage is excellent, easily exceeding 30+ mpg and city is accurately advertised around 21 mpg. Overall great gas mileage for a vehicle pumping out 264hp. I've merely logged 751 miles, but so far the only negatives I've noticed are a lack of storage compartment space in the front seat cabin and that it's slightly on the small side in regards to headroom for someone with my 6ft 4in frame. Great ride, quiet interior and smooth, yet responsive acceleration when ECO is turned off. With ECO engaged, acceleration is a bit sluggish as expected and efficiency is improved. The Infinity audio package is fantastic and the sub woofer provides rich, powerful bass when desired. This model is expected to hold it's value well and for the price I wasn't able to find it's equal in competitor offerings. As a long time Toyota owner, i feel great about my first Hyundai vehicle...especially with their 5 year/60000 mile bumper to bumper and 100000 mile powertrain warranties. Two thumbs up!"

Mirrors up to avoid tricks or treats on Halloween!

Hyundai has done a hyundastic job on my 2013 SFS

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "Perfect blend of price, power, comfort and style."

Cons: "Blind spot and base stereo"

"I bought the 2013 Santa Fe Sport with leather seats in November of 2013 and as of February 1st I have about 6,000 miles on it. I love this vehicle! I did extensive comparison shopping with the GMC Terrain which I had owned and Toyota RAV4, CRV, Mazda CX5 and the Ford Edge and Ford Escape. I am a short, older guy with more than a few extra pounds and I was looking for something that had the utility of an SUV but was first and foremost comfortable to sit in for me. I was wowed by the SFS the first time I saw it and sat in it, but I did my due diligence before buying it. I'm in sales and spend a lot of time in my vehicle and put a lot of miles on it. For me, the SFS was by far the most comfortable and ergonomic of the vehicles I test drove. I love the layout and everything is where it should be and easy to use. I especially like the layout of the cubbies and power points for my GPS and phone. Small details, but important when you're in the vehicle as much as I am. The interior also looks very upscale. I got the standard stereo which is good but not great. I would have had to get a much more expensive upgrade to get the better stereo because it was bundled with a bunch of other stuff. Other than that, this a great car to spend time in. The 2.0 turbo is a hoot to drive and has excellent power available whenever I need it. The power is effortless for entering highways on on-ramps, passing, driving through mountainous terrain, etc. It's always on tap and you wouldn't know it's a turbo four. I owned a GMC 4 cylinder Terrain and it was a slug compared to this! So were all the 4 cylinder competitors I test drove. The RAV4 was so slow it was scary trying to merge onto the interstate! I live in Dallas and most of my driving is mixed highway and city driving. I have consistently averaged about 20 mpg over the past 3 months. I keep it in the ECO mode most of the time and I don't notice much of a difference in power delivery in my around town driving with it on or off. I actually seem to get the same power with a smoother delivery. With ECO off my SFS tends to be a little jumpy when accelerating. The eco mode seems to get me maybe one mpg better gas mileage too. A lot has been written about Hyundai's power steering modes as gimmicky. You can really feel the difference but after I have it in one mode or another for several days I forget which mode I'm in. For the past several weeks I've had it in the Sport mode for my city driving and I like it just fine, but then I also liked the normal mode too. Comfort is a little on the too easy side, but it's all what you get used to. Nice to have the options! I recently drove from Dallas to Knoxville and back. I really appreciated how comfortable the seats were and what a quiet and comfortable cruiser it was. I also was happy to have that turbo power on tap for climbing the mountains and passing the big rigs. I could go from 65 to 85 on a steep uphill grade in the blink of an eye. I averaged about 25 mpg going a steady 80 mph most of the time and on one long stretch of interstate at 70 mph I got 27 mpg. Not the best in the segment, but I gladly accept the trade-off for the power! I love the exterior styling as well. I knew I had made the right decision when I was waiting in a client's parking lot and he pulled up next to me in his Mercedes sedan. He got out and walked around my SFS and kept complimenting me on the way it looked! I would stack it up against any CUV out there! Overall, I find this vehicle to be a fantastic blend of all the features I was looking for. It's very stylish, incredibly comfortable and well laid out, has tons of interior room for seating and stuff, has lots of power and gets decent gas mileage. Something else that is important to me is that it has a tight turning radius so it's very easy to maneuver around in and park. You do get a pretty big blind spot due to the cool exterior styling around the C pillar area. I highly recommend the blind spot monitoring for that. It was not available on my 2013 model package and I wish I could have gotten it. I also wanted to get the upgraded stereo but you could only get it bundled with an expensive package so I had to "settle" for the standard stereo, which is okay but could be way better. I will have to invest in an aftermarket upgrade to get the sound I want. So my advice is if you're considering a smaller SUV, buy the Santa Fe Sport Turbo and you'll thank me for it!"

Very nice car

By on Wednesday, October 17, 2012

"I had a 2007 Santa Fe with 40,000 mile on it with no problems so I gave that one to my daughter. The 2013's were in and I found one I liked. The difference between the cars is night and day. Right away I found I had more room, way better brakes, quieter inside and better ride. The 4 cylinder 2.0 turbo with the 6 speed automatic is very smooth and has plenty of power. I really like the car and the looks. It's a keeper"

Great Car, not so great mileage

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Very roomy, comfortable ride"

Cons: "lower than expected mileage"

"Car is what we wanted. Did a lot of research. Actually wanted a Honda (CRV or Pilot) as that's what we've owned before and liked. Biggest consideration was driver comfort and the Hyundai had by far the roomiest cabin especially for leg comfort on long distance drives. Within a month of buying the car we put 5000 miles on it going to Colorado (Rocky Mtn National / Denver) and back to Wisconsin and then north to Lake Superior. Was very comfortable. I was expecting better mileage though. About 22 in city driving and 27 on the Hwy. Have had no mechanical issues of any kind. I also saw some comments that it "wandered" on the highway. Had absolutely no issues with that on the trip. Can't think of a better test than that trip. My only real issue is the service, wish we had another dealer in the area. I would recommend the car and if in the market for another one I would buy it again."

Extraordinary Mid Size SUV

By on Monday, May 05, 2014

Pros: "Terrific vehicle!"

Cons: "The leather package too pricey"

"The 2014 Santa Fe has the styling and performance of much pricier SUV's. The vehicle is balanced, handles well, peppy, navigates beautifully in snow and inclement weather. It my second Santa Fe-- I also own a BMW. I'll take the Hyundai over the BMW any day of the week. I feel foolish for spending substantially more for my BMW."

BEST PRICED TURBO FOR CROSSOVER

By on Saturday, January 26, 2013

Pros: "TURBO....19" WHEELS....STYLING...QUITE RIDE.."

Cons: "needs drivers mirror blindspot assit"

"..We were looking for a new car, something that was able to tow 3500 lbs, comfortable, good gas mileage, and looks good. We test drove Nissan, Subaru, Toyota, GM, Mazda,and the new Ford Escape. The Escape was a near buy, but after we drove the "Sport", the turbo and handling were at least as good, and the price was about $4000 LESS, with a longer warrenty. We got the upgrade to the turbo and the base package came with soooooo much we only added mats and the Hyundai applied hitch. The upgrade included the turbo, hitch wiring and additional cooling for the motor and trans, 19" wheels, and a bunch more. Before you buy an Escape or other mid sized crossover, please test drive the Santa Fe Sport, and if you decide on another car, it must be a great deal."

Overall very good experience with Hyundai.

By on Thursday, May 02, 2013

Pros: "Technology package, comfort, cargo, price."

Cons: "None so far."

"Before deciding on the Santa Fe, I did extensive research including, price comparison, test drives, on-board technology, interior and exterior design for SUV's in the 30k - 50k price range. I also spent considerable time online reading professional and owner reviews of 2013 model year SUV's. My wife was not inclined to buy an SUV because of concerns she had about vehicle size, handling, visibility, etc. She reluctantly agreed to consider a SUV because of our cargo needs because we transport a lot of "stuff" to and from family and friends. After test driving the Santa Fe she resolved her size concerns and agreed it was a great ride. Since we bought the car, she loves the Santa Fe and it has become her vehicle of choice. I now get to drive what used to be "her" car. Bottom line, we decided to buy the Santa Fe Sport with the premium interior and technology packages because, in our opinion, it offered the best value considering the price, appearance, vehicle design, cargo space, quality, technology features, and passenger comfort, as compared to competing SUV's on the market. We bought the Santa Fe on October 31, 2012 and have since driven more than 13,000(mostly highway) miles, without a single negative experience. I rate the overall quality and performance of the vehicle as outstanding, and we are more than satisfied that we made a good decision selecting the Santa Fe Sport and highly recommend it. Check it out, it is definitely worth your consideration. I might also note that friends and family that have been passengers comment on the quiet, comfortable ride, and particularly appreciate the heated seats in winter."

Smooth Operator - Almost Perfect!

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "Smooth & quiet drivetrain, technology, features."

Cons: "DSSM (Sport Mode)"

"Thorough review from an empty nester. Purchased the 2.0T FWD w/ Tech package, Blk with Beige Leather interior. I needed a vehicle for trips to visit my daughter and my father (both over 3 hours away), as well as a decent utility vehicle (for Lowe’s). First, this Santa Fe is very smooth, very quiet on the highway. It has a luxuriously solid, well insulated feel to it. It has a plenty of cargo and rear seat room. Good power delivery when needed. Easily the sexiest SUV in its class. It was also awarded ‘Wards 10 best interiors’ for 2013. Ergonomics are well executed, with all controls within easy reach for the driver. All features, including blue link, work very well. I paired my phone to the vehicle w/ contacts in less than 2 minutes. I started the vehicle remotely with my phone and I also received start notifications via email from blue link. The nav/info display automatically adjusts to the surrounding ambient light. There are separate climate controls. The vehicle settings like lighting, greetings, locks, and more can be custom configured. The Infinity audio is audiophile worthy! I average about 24 mpg combined so far. The driving experience: Road and wind noise is hardly noticeable and it is very comfortable on long trips. The steering has received a lot of chatter and here is the deal. DSSM is just fine in Normal mode. The nominal on-center tracking effort and build up is good (with the ECO mode off!). Traction control is enabled by default in each mode as well, but it can be turned off for each. Sport mode needs to be dialed in and slightly recalibrated. It tends to feel slightly over boosted during on-center tracking at about 65 mph. It is tight and immediate, but the electric torque sensors and tactile steering feedback need tweaking in Sport mode. Comfort mode is just for parking! As a guy, I didn’t care about a power lift gate, as it works well enough. Love the panoramic sunroof as well. Still, the wife and I love it, and save for the Sport mode; this Santa Fe is as smooth and good as the previous generation RX350, if not better. It can easily be a standard bearer, if they would just tweak the DSSM!"

My followup review to one made 8500 miles ago

By on Monday, July 01, 2013

Pros: "Did I mention it is great fun to drive?"

Cons: "Neighbor envy :)"

"I gave the 2013 Santa Fe Sport 2.0, loaded, Seranno Red w/beige leather an excellent overall review after less than one thousand miles. Here is my take months later: No buyer's remorse. The vehicle has performed exceptionally well with no problems. In fact, I have two friends that purchased the Sport after seeing and driving mine. Both are retired professionals and can afford just about any car they want. My mileage has averaged right around 26 (combination of city and suburban driving). And I have a heavy foot. My spouse does a mile or two better. We both really like this vehicle. And it does turn heads, being exceptionally stylish. It meets our every need. Two minor flaws.1. On our turbo,the engine races a bit between gears.2. The gas fill gauge drops almost immediately after filling up (I tested the problem: if you keep squirting in gas after the automatic shutoff engages, you will get an extra 1.2 gallons in the tank and the gauge works perfectly). These flaws are hardly worth mentioning. This vehicle is highly recommended. Aside, we also have a 2009 Sonata Limited Edition V6 with 65000 miles and it has performed flawlessly. My spouse refuses to consider trading it in....loves it."