2012 Hyundai Genesis

Based on 416 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

My 2nd genesis-a great car

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "just a good car !"

"Bought my 1st genesis in 2009. Had the car 3 years 1 month. Bought 2012 1 year 2 months. My 2012 is improved over the 2009. Better ride, smother power and a small improvement in gas mileage. Looked at all the other cars like BMW, Acura (owned one in 2007) Mercedes, Audi, and other. Genesis is the best buy for the money. Plan to look at the 2014 Genesis."

The best value for a LUX car

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

"Powerful V8, top speed 150 mph as tested on the way to Las Vegas, backed off speed as I passed an 18 wheeler still plenty to go...double insulated windows not found any car in this price range. 17 speaker sound system better then MBZ S class."

Best sports car I've ever owned for the money!

By on Sunday, June 26, 2016

Pros: "Fast, Fun, Handling."

Cons: "A little stiff for a big soft guy like me."

Love this car!

"I bought this car used about four months ago and it's awesome for the money I paid (about 16k). It had about 53k miles on the odometer and was in basically mint condition. I love this car. It's fast and luxury all wrapped up in one. I never owned a Hyundai before, but I'm sold on this brand now. Don't hesitate, buy this car!"

Love this car!

awesome vehicle

By on Friday, November 11, 2011

Pros: "true sports car feel"

Cons: "limited backseat headroom"

"I feel like I'm getting away with murder for the price I paid for this gorgeous performance vehicle. 310 hp (on premium unleaded) Sports tuned suspension, all the extras and amenities of a G37 coupe... premium audio, key less entry / start engine, leather, navigation ....and the list goes on. The car is quick, it handles great, feels like it's glued to the road on sharp turns. All it took was one test drive to fall in love with this car. Hyundai has come a long long way from it's entry level sonata in 1986...and this car feels more like a luxury sports coupe than what the stereotype of the brand suggests. Everyone that seen and rode this car has had the same impression, wow. You're getting a $40k vehicle for $10-15K less. And no, you're not sacrificing quality either."

2010 Gen Coupe 3.8 GT

By on Saturday, March 9, 2013

Pros: "Power, Standard Equipment, Comfortable Fun Ride"

Cons: "Backseat, Snow Driving"

"I have now owned my car for the last 3 years and I have considered getting ready to trade up and move into the big leagues of muscle and yet everytime I look around at a possible new suitor and look out in my driveway I fall in love all over again. This car has been nothing but great to me. The power is an absolute blast when you a ripping down the highway, which i drive an hour to and from work each day. I actually enjoy getting into and starting my car and getting ready for the work day. Having just passed the 50k mile mark I have to say I have not run in to any problems that were not user error (My aftermarket exhaust throws a check engine light) and outside of that one small issue the car has only been to the dealership for oil changes and routine maintenance. I will agree with everyone else that the car is not great in the snow but it also hasnt left me stranded anywhere this winter. I have gotten many comments about how nice the car is. It draws a lot of attention. Needless to say I would absolutely recommend anyone in the market for Mustang/Charger/Challenger/Camaro's to check out the Genesis coupe before you sign on the dotted line. The car is quick and comfortable and makes normal daily driving relaxing and yet fun at the same time. P.S. The backseat is usable only for children, adults under 5'5" and storage"

GREAT CAR FOR THE MONEY

By on Friday, December 14, 2012

Pros: "GREAT CAR THAT IS FUN TO DRIVE"

Cons: "TRANSMISSION SHIFTING BIG DISIPOINTMENT"

2012 GENESIS R-SPEC

"I HAVE OWNED 2 NEW AVALONS LIMITEDS. THEY WERE VERY NICE CARS WITH ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES. THEY HAD VERY APPEALING LINES AND GREAT DASH LAYOUTS. THE 3.5 V/6 HAD GREAT PERFORMANCE AND ECONOMY. MY FIRST DRIVE IMPRESSION ON THE GENESIS R-SPEC WAS WOW, THIS IS REALLY GREAT. THE EXTERIOR HAS THE M-B LOOK AND RIDE. THE INTERIOR IS AS GOOD AND QUIET AS ANY AUDI I EVER DROVE. THE ENGINE HAS GREAT PERFORMANCE AND THE BRAKES ARE EXCELLENT ALSO.IT IS HARD TO RESIST A FULL THROTTLE TAKEOFF. THE LEXICON SOUND SYSTEM IS THE BEST I HAVE EVER HEARD IN ANY CAR. I GOT 27 MPH ON A RECENT ROAD TRIP AT 75MPH. THE ONLY NEGATIVE IS THE TRANSMISSION SHIFT POINTS. THE SHIFTS ARE VERY SLOW FOR A CAR THAT INSPIRES PERFORMANCE. ONE WONDERS WHAT A SHIFT KIT COULD DO THE IMPROVE THIS DEFICIENCY."

2012 GENESIS R-SPEC

great car but

By on Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "bad seats"

"the seats will start to go south when a heaver person drives it. i am only 230 but have the car in to try to get dealer to fix not having a lot of luck. service is not hyunda best for this. only 3500 miles we will see if it gets fixed."

My best car EVER!

By on Thursday, May 8, 2014

Pros: "The V8 is the engine to have, smooth as silk!"

Cons: "Does not get the great reviews it deserves!"

"Great car, great dealer service. I am only provided with the service I need at a fair price!"

LOVE IT

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pros: "most car for the money. Quiet, smooth drive"

Cons: "seat belt is not comfortable for ME"

"I love this car. The handling is outstanding. It is quiet and feels safe. There is so much leg room and storage room. People stop me all the time and tell me how beautiful the car is. My only complaint is the driver side seat belt hits me in the wrong spot. I am short and have a hard time with this issue anyway. It is adjustable--but not enough for me. Otherwise, the car has been a joy to own."

Not the Hyundai of 10 years ago

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Power, Handling, Comfort"

Cons: "Lack of LSD outside of R-Spec/Track editions, Fuel"

"The 2014 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0t is not a Hyundai of 10 years ago. Hyundai has stepped their game up with each generation of Genesis, with this generation (2013+) being the first which car enthusiasts can take seriously."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Genesis near Honolulu. See local deals