2010 Hyundai Genesis

Based on 395 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Best Car I have had....I am in Love even after 84K

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Drives like new after 84K"

Cons: "New Tires not good for Snow weather..."

"I have had ZERO problems driving 84K miles on this 2009 model 3.8. I plan to keep this as long as I can and this beauty still drives like a new one. I put regular fuel and it gives me 24-28 miles per gallon. The only negative about this car - The tires on a brand new car is not good for winter drive. Replace it with Michelin and it drives like a SUV even on snow."

One of the best, most fun cars I've owned

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Pros: "Awesome acceleration, fun to drive, reliable"

Cons: "Track suspension is stiff, OK gas mileage"

"This is a real car. It is not some sheep in wolf's clothing. There is wolf inside. My Genesis moves, very quickly, and without much effort. If you want to burn rubber, you can. If you just want to go to the grocery store, you can. If you want to drive long distances, you can. In short, it is a car for most drivers. Now, it is not the most comfortable car but not everyone wants a Buick. You can't carry a lot of stuff in it but not everyone wants an SUV. You can only carry 2 adults comfortably, but not everyone wants a mini-van, and my 75 pound dogs have never complained. The styling, inside and out, is beautiful. Lots of smooth, flowing lines. Lots of tech inside. Good visibility. And people do see you. For the money, this is a very good sports car. Take it on the road, take it to the track, just drive it. You'll love it."

An excellent vehicle with all the bells and whistl

By on Sunday, April 20, 2014

Pros: "Excess power. Like a Lexus with a 30% discount."

Cons: "I really don't have any cons with this vehicle."

"A full up luxury midsize vehicle. Has been a dependable performer with not one problem since brand new (now 2 1/2 years old). Shucks, only 7 1/2 years left on the warranty. I traded a Lexus LS430 in on this vehicle and feel like I just got an upgraded version."

Great Sports Car

By on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pros: "Great sporty look and classy too. Inside-nice."

Cons: "Ride can be rough/not good in snow, wind, rain."

"I truly enjoy my Genesis. It's a fun car with great power. However, it doesn't handle well in snowy, wet or windy driving conditions. A great car as an alternate vehicle but I would not recommend it as a primary mode of transportation, particularly if you reside in an area that has harsh weather conditions. Great interior look with lots of leg room in the front--rather tight for rear seat passengers."

Amazing

By on Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Pros: "Design, power, driving, price"

Cons: "none so far"

"I've not posted review on KBB ever but my Genesis 3.8 brought me here to share my experience. It's a really amazing car. The feeling while driving is more like a BMW 5 series which I drove when I was in Germany. It really reminds me BMW 5. Unlike other old Hyundai models, Genesis is pretty firm and responsive. The exterior and interior is beautiful. I'm very satisfied with my Genesis."

My Dream Car

By on Saturday, December 21, 2013

Pros: "Style, Driving Dynamics, Horsepower, RWD, Price"

Cons: "Gas mileage, Winter Weather"

"It has been the best car i have ever owned, sure it has some build issues but the value for what you get are amazing i would never get rid of it for the world. Not much of a winter car i might add though It has its cons but it is one of the best cars you can buy for the money, and hyundai always has awesome value, and the best warranty, along with Kia. Looking for a great sports car dont forget to look at the awesome Genesis Coupe."

Very enjoyable ride

By on Friday, September 06, 2013

Pros: "Great features, comfortable ride."

Cons: "Poor snow vehicle"

"I still have not changed the original tires. I had a terrible time in the snow. However I love the car, the ride, the sound system, the features we take for granted. 1) the door lock automatically 2) auto wiper system, but the best is the cruise controls auto distance control. I never worry about a vehicle jumping In front while in cruise mode it keeps it's distance automatically."

Poor man's sportscar

By on Monday, September 02, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive; great sound system"

Cons: "Clutch/shifting problem"

"I own the Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track and I like the overall performance so far. The only drawback for me is the suspension system, which gives a rough ride when driving on poor road conditions. They need to fix the glitch with the traction control system which sometimes comes on upon starting the engine. The traction control light comes on and you can only turn it off when you restart your car. If you try to drive off in that condition, the transmission jolts and somewhat misengages and the only way to prevent it from damaging your transmission is to return it to "park" and then restart the car. I thinnk Hyundai should look into this and so far i was told in the dealership that they could not detect this problem with their diagnostic tools."

2010 Genesis 3.8 coupe Track

By on Monday, June 24, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Interior quality"

"Have this car for 4 years. Not a single problem, Smooth pick up, lots n lots of power. The twin exhust makes a nice throtty and raspy noise, gives you a hint that there is a big V6 under the hood. One thing you should consider, if you live in a state where roads are not good, forget about this car. the ride is stiff & hard what you expect from a sports car. Regular maintance is not that expenside but If you have the Track or R-spec package you are gonna spend some big bucks on tires. Each tires cost you around $250 to $300. Other than that its an awesome car to have."

lot for money, quality fair, dealers bad

By on Thursday, May 09, 2013

Pros: "good price, lots of power"

Cons: "below average quality and service"

"many options for the money. The quality for a $40,000 car is well below average. Dealer service is very very bad and no help from level above dealer. Resale value is below average. Good riding car with lots of power, Two times with in a year, battery failed and car totally locked up. Each time dealer said car fixed. last time service said it was because of a bad trunk latch, I am not fooling."

My 2nd genesis-a great car

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "just a good car !"

"Bought my 1st genesis in 2009. Had the car 3 years 1 month. Bought 2012 1 year 2 months. My 2012 is improved over the 2009. Better ride, smother power and a small improvement in gas mileage. Looked at all the other cars like BMW, Acura (owned one in 2007) Mercedes, Audi, and other. Genesis is the best buy for the money. Plan to look at the 2014 Genesis."

GREAT CAR FOR THE MONEY

By on Friday, December 14, 2012

Pros: "GREAT CAR THAT IS FUN TO DRIVE"

Cons: "TRANSMISSION SHIFTING BIG DISIPOINTMENT"

2012 GENESIS R-SPEC

"I HAVE OWNED 2 NEW AVALONS LIMITEDS. THEY WERE VERY NICE CARS WITH ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES. THEY HAD VERY APPEALING LINES AND GREAT DASH LAYOUTS. THE 3.5 V/6 HAD GREAT PERFORMANCE AND ECONOMY. MY FIRST DRIVE IMPRESSION ON THE GENESIS R-SPEC WAS WOW, THIS IS REALLY GREAT. THE EXTERIOR HAS THE M-B LOOK AND RIDE. THE INTERIOR IS AS GOOD AND QUIET AS ANY AUDI I EVER DROVE. THE ENGINE HAS GREAT PERFORMANCE AND THE BRAKES ARE EXCELLENT ALSO.IT IS HARD TO RESIST A FULL THROTTLE TAKEOFF. THE LEXICON SOUND SYSTEM IS THE BEST I HAVE EVER HEARD IN ANY CAR. I GOT 27 MPH ON A RECENT ROAD TRIP AT 75MPH. THE ONLY NEGATIVE IS THE TRANSMISSION SHIFT POINTS. THE SHIFTS ARE VERY SLOW FOR A CAR THAT INSPIRES PERFORMANCE. ONE WONDERS WHAT A SHIFT KIT COULD DO THE IMPROVE THIS DEFICIENCY."

2012 GENESIS R-SPEC

great value

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pros: "ride,quiet,power"

Cons: "no room for misc things in front."

"Very nice ride,quiet,lots of power and all in all a great value."

Everyone asks me about it

By on Thursday, October 04, 2012

Pros: "Love everything about it"

"Family members love sitting in the back seat. I like the heated seats in the summer and the cool seats in summer."

The best value for a LUX car

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

"Powerful V8, top speed 150 mph as tested on the way to Las Vegas, backed off speed as I passed an 18 wheeler still plenty to go...double insulated windows not found any car in this price range. 17 speaker sound system better then MBZ S class."

Nearly but not quite.

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

"A great looking car with a comfortable well designed interior. Excellent value with lots of bells and whistles, and has proven to be very reliable. The only thing that let's it down is the engine and ride quality. Whisper quite when cruising but noisy and harsh under acceleration. This engine no way compares with the smoothness of other six cylinders(e.g BMW, Acura, Lexus). Unsettled on poor roads, thups and bumps a bit. Happy with it none the less, will get the V8 next time."

Great car for the price

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "Great price/performance"

Cons: "Poor night driving/slightly underpowered"

"I've owned one of these for about 9 months. At the 5000 mile mark, I'm incredibly happy with my purchase. The handling, fuel economy, and safety features are my main selling points. The basic model is a great balance of practicality and sportiness, and in my opinion is the safest rear wheel drive sport coupe ever built. This however, also means the stability controls is sensitive and will engage at the slightest spin of the tires but can easily be turned off with the touch of a button. It hugs the road and the low slung ride keep you from being shoved around when going through corners, although even the sport suspension in the base model is stiff enough that you can be jarred by bumps in the road, and can make back road driving somewhat uncomfortable. It does well in rain. However, the high torque at low revs can get you in trouble, and I have spun the car once in a slick parking lot, despite the stability control active. My only major complaint of the vehicle is difficult night driving. The stock head lamps really only point straight forward, so night time peripheral vision is poor. Being seated so low, no fog lamps on the 2.0T models, and the width of the car make it difficultly to see/maneuver obstacles at night. The cargo room is impressive for the type of car. I've easily fit a snowboard and enough gear for a weekend boarding trip with the rear seat folded down. The bucket seats are the most comfortable I've ever sat in, even after long drives. The rear seat is passable but offers little head room if you're taller than 5'6", and is blatantly uncomfortable if you're over 5'10" The Bluetooth works well, although tends to be quieter than the Ipod connectivity which is fantastic. Overall the sound system is good enough for the price range of the vehicle, but isn't anything special. The car is just fast enough to enjoy driving and getting that sunken back into your seat feeling without being truly reckless(0-60 in 7.5 with the AT transmission). Easily mod-able for more power, although I'd recommend the R-spec if that's the route you plan to go. The fuel economy is good for every day driving, however, it seems particularly inefficient in start and stop scenarios (16 MPG compared to the 20 MPG city rating), although it can easily exceed the 30 MPG EPA rating on the highway to compensate (35 MPG). To sum up, this car will balance every day needs against sportiness, and comes up positive on both sides, with an inexpensive price tag."

awesome vehicle

By on Friday, November 11, 2011

Pros: "true sports car feel"

Cons: "limited backseat headroom"

"I feel like I'm getting away with murder for the price I paid for this gorgeous performance vehicle. 310 hp (on premium unleaded) Sports tuned suspension, all the extras and amenities of a G37 coupe... premium audio, key less entry / start engine, leather, navigation ....and the list goes on. The car is quick, it handles great, feels like it's glued to the road on sharp turns. All it took was one test drive to fall in love with this car. Hyundai has come a long long way from it's entry level sonata in 1986...and this car feels more like a luxury sports coupe than what the stereotype of the brand suggests. Everyone that seen and rode this car has had the same impression, wow. You're getting a $40k vehicle for $10-15K less. And no, you're not sacrificing quality either."

great car but

By on Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "bad seats"

"the seats will start to go south when a heaver person drives it. i am only 230 but have the car in to try to get dealer to fix not having a lot of luck. service is not hyunda best for this. only 3500 miles we will see if it gets fixed."

My best car EVER!

By on Thursday, May 08, 2014

Pros: "The V8 is the engine to have, smooth as silk!"

Cons: "Does not get the great reviews it deserves!"

"Great car, great dealer service. I am only provided with the service I need at a fair price!"

LOVE IT

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pros: "most car for the money. Quiet, smooth drive"

Cons: "seat belt is not comfortable for ME"

"I love this car. The handling is outstanding. It is quiet and feels safe. There is so much leg room and storage room. People stop me all the time and tell me how beautiful the car is. My only complaint is the driver side seat belt hits me in the wrong spot. I am short and have a hard time with this issue anyway. It is adjustable--but not enough for me. Otherwise, the car has been a joy to own."

Not the Hyundai of 10 years ago

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Power, Handling, Comfort"

Cons: "Lack of LSD outside of R-Spec/Track editions, Fuel"

"The 2014 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0t is not a Hyundai of 10 years ago. Hyundai has stepped their game up with each generation of Genesis, with this generation (2013+) being the first which car enthusiasts can take seriously."

Great highway car

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "Good looking and fun to drive. Also great finishi"

Cons: "Lack of blindspot sensor"

"This is a Canadian car which travels between there and Florida for the winter. Three trips so far, and it is a great highway car. Safe and comfortable"

Hyundai hit a home run here

By on Thursday, January 02, 2014

Pros: "Most car for the money anywhere!"

Cons: "Need sports car fine tuning"

After the dragon.

"This is the second generation of the Hyundai Genesis Coupe, which came out in 2010. When compared to the competition there is really not a lot of comparison. This car in the "bang for the buck" area wins hands down. You have to bust out and other ten grand to get the same car anywhere else. I have had this car for almost a year, and just love it. It is easy to do minor upgrades on. It drives wonderfully, like any Japanese or European car of similar class. No it is not a BMW M4 but then you didn't pay that price for it either. I have taken this car to a few club rally's and on long drives and even dirty it turns heads. To sum it all up. It looks great on the outside, feels great on the inside, runs like a beast and turns heads almost everywhere we go."

After the dragon.

Greatest car ever!

By on Friday, October 11, 2013

Cons: "Can't think of a single one"

"This is the fourth Hyundai I have bought and I have never had a car I liked more than this one."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Genesis near Honolulu. See local deals