2010 Hyundai Genesis

Based on 356 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Best car ever unless there is ANY snow

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Pros: "great price, incredibly great to drive, very fast."

Cons: "Can not drive this car in the snow."

"Being a rear wheel drive car it is pretty much undrivable in snow of any amount."

Best car I've ever owned.

By on Monday, November 10, 2014

Pros: "Great car for a great price."

Cons: "People are always asking for some Grey Poupon."

"The perfect car for me. I bought it new, after it sat in the dealer's lot, for a year. Because of this, I was able to negotiate a killer deal. A $45,000 car, for $32,000. I plan to keep it at least 10 years, so the resale value doesn't bother me."

Great vehicle at an attractive price

By on Friday, November 07, 2014

Pros: "Great price, great car, great performance."

Cons: "Limited view when backing up."

"A friend in the auto industry drives this car more than I. He owns or has owned top of the line vehicles and rates the Genesis right up there. The only fault (???) he observed was bouncing when going over extremely rough pavement. There are few cars that do not exhibit this trait. I have owned over 25 new cars (most top of the line)and I am well pleased with the Genesis. An identical Genesis gave well over 30 MPG on a long trip averaging 70 MPH most of the time."

Fine Automobile.

By on Friday, October 24, 2014

"Best I've ever owned"

Resale value is terrible.

By on Thursday, October 02, 2014

Pros: "Lots of bells and whistles"

Cons: "Resale value"

"Bought a new Genesis at $45,000,wanted to trade it in but found out it is only worth $20,000. LOST OVER $25,000 IN 1 YEAR. Nice car, but terrible resale value,"

Plenty of power, great MPG

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Pros: "Quality, power, fuel economy, warranty"

Cons: "OEM tires, depreciation rate"

"I would highly recommend this car to anyone were it not for the high rate of depreciation I've experienced. A comparably equipped Honda Accord with the same mileage is worth about $4K more on a trade. If I were to do it over again, I'd still get the car, but a certified used one. I've owned three Hyundais and they've been very good and reliable, but I suppose some people still have the belief that they're cheaply made "throw-away" cars like they were in the 80's. That's too bad, they're really good cars now, and a great value if you hold onto them for a few years. BTW, I do plan on doing that. As far as the tires that came on the car, they're useless in the snow and get noisy after about 15k miles. Hyundai has since used another tire brand."

Sold a Porsche to get a Hyundai?

By on Thursday, August 14, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, fast, surprising"

Cons: "No brand cache. "You sold a Porsche for a Hyundai"

"Sold my Porsche Boxster S and Porsche Cayenne Turbo and bought Genesis. To heck with brand cache. I loved the Boxster and had problems with the Cayenne. Friends asked if I was in financial difficuly. No, I just needed a better car for new job with much driving. Genesis has been awesome and truly a surprise. My first Asian car and it has been great to drive, no issues, fast, comfortable and great driving for bargain price."

8 spd auto matched to the 4cyl turbo is a disaster

By on Saturday, August 09, 2014

"Words can't express how disappointed I am with this car. Vehicle is always in the wrong gear when power is needed and has to downshift a couple of gears to find power, then the car simply lurches forward as the engine roars. The engineers must have been snickering when the bosses said build an 8speed auto in a 4 cylinder laggy turbo. The only way to really drive this car is with the paddle shifters. Also Hyundai overstated EPA estimates by 14%, reducing mileage on the 2.0 Premium down to 17 mpg from 21 mpg. This car is a joke."

Solid low cost sports car.

By on Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pros: "Base Price, Fun level, Beautiful, Torque"

Cons: "Maintenance Cost, Plastic Interior Parts, Tires"

100mph Standing Still

"Purchased the vehicle brand new in Spring 2013 and have had it for 15 months. Don't want to let this car go but starting a family. Great handling and engine reliability. No issues whatsoever mechanically. It does have a turbo charger so top shelf parts and synthetic oils etc are a must. The base/stock purchase still has many bells and whistles including bluetooth and usb hookups for smartphones etc, pretty rims, dual exhaust. Almost all controls are on the steering wheel and it has a paddle shift option on the steering wheel as well with an option to go manual on the shifter. Well rounded safety with airbags everywhere. There is a small delay when applying throttle due to the turbo winding up, and there is a small turbo lag, but the care jumps up to speed when needed and the low center of gravity allows it to turn on a dime. Goes through tires every 30000 miles for the average motorist. If you drive it hard you get around 20 miles to the gallon and if you are light on the throttle you'll get close to 30 miles to the gallon. Fantastic car and turns heads as well. Priced fairly in the mid 20k range for brand new. This car won't break the bank, and if someone in a Ferrari pulls up next to you at a red light, they will do a double take."

100mph Standing Still

This car is the best kept secret around.

By on Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pros: "price/value ratio is great"

Cons: "Blue Link, remote start, on-board Map are poor!"

"The 2013 Genesis Coupe 2.0T (274hp/automatic) is dynamic when you put your foot down. Rides flat on the corners and pushes you back in the seat from the git-go. I can ride on the Interstate all day at 80mph and still get 28 mpg."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Genesis near Honolulu. See local deals