2014 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,537 - $25,324.

10/7.2

Based on 384 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Poor interior quality

By on Friday, May 01, 2015

Pros: "Surprisingly powerful. Fun to slide around in."

Cons: "Quality of materials. Body pannel fitment."

"The interior has a lot of plastic components that don't fit *quite* right. The fauz leather on the shift knob as already begun to show signs of wear, as has the stitching on the steering wheel. The rear window is also too low for anybody larger than a petite pre-teen to sit in the back seat comfortably. The hood and trunk also don't sit *quite* flush with their surrounding body panels. The fake hood vents and large amounts of black plastic in the front aren't very good looking either. Overall, it has the appearance of a cheap Korean knock-off of an actual sports car, which ... it kind of is. It's all made up for with the power and handling though. Haven't had any reliability issues with anything mechanical yet, but it's still practically new, so that is yet to be seen. The lack of quality in the interior makes me wonder where else the designers might have cut corners."

Great value sports coupe -- but corners cut

By on Friday, May 01, 2015

Pros: "value, fun to drive, performance, mpg"

Cons: "cheap interior, bad paint"

"The Hyundai Genesis Coupe is a great bang for the buck sports coupe. The performance and handling are really good for the price - you'll pay $10K more to get the kind of stats that this little car gets from other models. However, when you've owned one for a while like I have - you start to poke and prod. Then you see the little problems that add up over time - the corners Hyundai cut to get that retail price down. Most notable - as others have said - is the exterior paint quality. You'll take a pebble strike, it'll make a nick, and the paint will start peeling in quite noticeable amounts. Sometime it just randomly peels in places. I had the hood repainted because of that problem and now the left-front fender is peeling pretty badly and I just don't feel like spending the money. If I keep it I will eventually have to get it completely re-painted with quality paint, sealant, clear coat - that's a $2000 job if it's a dime. Other parts of the interior and exterior are plasticky and little things will start wearing, surprisingly soon. I guess you can't have something for nothing and if you want a sports coupe that looks like it cost $38K, you need to actually pay 38K."

Great car for the money, but lousy quality paint

By on Saturday, April 25, 2015

Pros: "love the package for the money !"

Cons: "bad peeling paint!!!"

"2012 Genesis with white paint...began peeling during the warranty period. Fixed twice in different places, but now peeling in new spots. Dealer can't do anything without Hyundai factory blessings, and the Hyundai corporate customer relations people refuse to acknowledge that the paint is defective. Therefore , they won't fix the problem, and blame the owner for some "outside influence". If you are thinking of buying a Hyundai, don't! They will drop you like a hot potato rather than own up to the product issues. They obviously don't care about having good customer retention. They have not even asked to have their own Engineers examine the paint problems. If you are currently having similar issues with your paint peeling, let everyone know by posting it all over the place. Maybe the Hyundai factory people will take their heads out of the sand and really try to fix their issues. They must not care about their reputation. They are fortunate to have done very well with good products in recent years, but obviously don't care about standing behind their products and customer retention."

Great value fand my third one!

By on Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Pros: "Very comfortable with a roomy interior and trunk.."

Cons: "Handling could be improved upon"

"Very comfortable and well equipped vehicle. Dealer maimtenance costs are lower than than other luxury cars I have owned."

In its own class

By on Thursday, April 16, 2015

Pros: "always getting compliments on it"

Cons: "door handels"

"they got it right.........i love this car......only complaint is the plastic door handles"

Sweet used Genesis 4.6

By on Monday, April 13, 2015

Pros: "Very nice content with lots of features. Limo ride"

Cons: "Gas mileage is so so, but heck it's a V8."

"Found on line at Carmax with only 33000 miles. Has everything I wanted like Nav, backup camera, moonroof, smoooooooth V8. Got for decent price. I call it a poor man's Lexus LS or GS, and I've had both. Great value, just maybe not prestigious as the big boys."

what a great car!! people are missing out

By on Monday, April 13, 2015

Pros: "Great design, powerful engine, no mechanical issue"

Cons: "small trunk space"

"i have been driving Genesis coupe 3.8 grand touring for 3 years now (mine is 2013). I still get really impressed with its performance on freeways. The powerful engine and the sound is also very sexy. It really rocks. I also think that it's under valued and under estimated by people's perception. I think the price is really low for what you get. The real leather is really good quality, the engine is powerful, the drive is so smooth. For 3 years, I never had any problem. People at service are very helpful and friendly. When I went to Audi, Lexus, BMW the sales people there already looked down on this car. I asked if they tried or drove one. They don't know how great his car is and just say things from perception. Although we can't change what people have in their mind, I think once you drive this car, this car is definitely worth every single penny I spent."

Love it so far

By on Monday, April 06, 2015

Pros: "Comfortable, roomy, solid performer in all areas."

Cons: "Rear-wheel drive not very good in snow."

"I picked up a 2014 Genesis (2,000 miles on it) with navigation, sun roof, etc. for $30,500 and immediately drove it from CT to FL and back again. It's a wonderful, comfortable cruising machine with lots of room for passengers and stuff, and we even averaged over 30 miles per gallon during highway stretches. I don't think I'd trust it in the snow, but other than that - great."

Resale value............

By on Sunday, April 05, 2015

Pros: "Luxury looks, luxury ride. Plenty of hp."

Cons: "NONE"

"Overall, could not ask for a better vehicle. Having been in the USAF, lived in Europe for over 11yrs, this car does equal the Germany badges in every way but one, expensive maintenance. My only grip, resale value. I wish I had known 2 years from purchase, I could find this car at 17 to 21k with 30k in mileage. Luckily I got a good deal, and not looking to upgrade at the moment. As for those on the fence, find a used Genesis 3.8. Worth every penny plus some. You will not regret the purchase."

It is a great car for the price

By on Saturday, April 04, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "No sun roof, no remote starter"

"This car was a demo that the dealership could not sell. Well, that work to my advantage. Car got a lot of power, wonderful handling, and great style."