2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Based on 384 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Best Car I have had....I am in Love even after 84K

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Drives like new after 84K"

Cons: "New Tires not good for Snow weather..."

"I have had ZERO problems driving 84K miles on this 2009 model 3.8. I plan to keep this as long as I can and this beauty still drives like a new one. I put regular fuel and it gives me 24-28 miles per gallon. The only negative about this car - The tires on a brand new car is not good for winter drive. Replace it with Michelin and it drives like a SUV even on snow."

Great car for the money, but lousy quality paint

By on Saturday, April 25, 2015

Pros: "love the package for the money !"

Cons: "bad peeling paint!!!"

"2012 Genesis with white paint...began peeling during the warranty period. Fixed twice in different places, but now peeling in new spots. Dealer can't do anything without Hyundai factory blessings, and the Hyundai corporate customer relations people refuse to acknowledge that the paint is defective. Therefore , they won't fix the problem, and blame the owner for some "outside influence". If you are thinking of buying a Hyundai, don't! They will drop you like a hot potato rather than own up to the product issues. They obviously don't care about having good customer retention. They have not even asked to have their own Engineers examine the paint problems. If you are currently having similar issues with your paint peeling, let everyone know by posting it all over the place. Maybe the Hyundai factory people will take their heads out of the sand and really try to fix their issues. They must not care about their reputation. They are fortunate to have done very well with good products in recent years, but obviously don't care about standing behind their products and customer retention."

powerful,economical 26MPG average,reliable

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "power,economy"

Cons: "lousy in snow withoiut snow tires"

"very impressive car to drive, unbelievable power and incredible economy. Lousy in the snow without snow tires though. Dealers all great. In 54,000 miles and only service is air filter and oil change."

only one bug with my r-spec

By on Sunday, August 25, 2013

"my car will hesitate when I step on the gas from a dead stop Hyundai dealer told me to be a little easy off the line, I think they need to watch their advertisement. dealing with a bug! the good things are handling,perforance and luxery, 25mpg on highway with 430 hp, no body roll when braking into a turn. love it."

Great car!

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

Pros: "Great price & features, high quality, great mpg."

Cons: "Screen on GPS is hard to read in direct sunlight."

"I have owned my Genesis about 3 weeks. Just took it to Florida on a 500 mile trip. 32.5 mpg @ 70 mph. 35.5 at 55-60. Just great for a car this large. It is a pleasure to drive. I know it is early for this review, but I just love this car. I studied many on KBB and drove all of them before I decided on a Genesis. I studied ALL of the facts/details. You get a lot more for your $ investment, and the warranty can't be beat (I upgraded to 10 yr/100,000 mi bumper to bumper) for not much more $. Try that with the others (the German ones). A satisfied customer..."

Great Sports Car

By on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pros: "Great sporty look and classy too. Inside-nice."

Cons: "Ride can be rough/not good in snow, wind, rain."

"I truly enjoy my Genesis. It's a fun car with great power. However, it doesn't handle well in snowy, wet or windy driving conditions. A great car as an alternate vehicle but I would not recommend it as a primary mode of transportation, particularly if you reside in an area that has harsh weather conditions. Great interior look with lots of leg room in the front--rather tight for rear seat passengers."

Sweet, svelte, savage!

By on Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Pros: "Absolutely the best-value sporty car on the road."

Cons: "crickets, crickets"

"I've had my Hyundai Genesis Coupe GT for nearly four years and have 52k miles on it. Been in the shop only for scheduled maintenance, and is as solid today as it was four years ago. I LOVE THIS CAR! It handles better than any I've ever driven (I have owned 27 automobiles), and has magnificent power and agility on the road. The automatic transmission knows what gear I need, every time, though I can override it either with the paddles on the wheel or the shifter on the console. The headlights are the clearest and most directional I've ever seen. It gets great gas mileage on 87 octane gas, and has never let me down in terms of reliability, handling, and pure driving fun. The leather interior is top-grade, and it has some really thoughtful amenities, such as the bluetooth phone connection."

This car has it's pros & cons.

By on Monday, December 17, 2012

Pros: "Great styling, great handling and fun to drive."

Cons: "Too much rear end torque, poor GPS system."

"This is my first Genesis and I am very impressed with it's styling, both interior & exterior, the Lexicon sound system, the comfort and handling. It is also the first rear wheel drive I have owned in over 20 years and it is the hardest to keep under control. In my opinion, it has far too much rear end torque for the horsepower and it's almost impossible to maintain traction on wet or snowy roads. Definitely unlike any rear wheel drive I've owned in the past. Another complaint is the built-in GPS. I moved to a different city than the one where I purchased the car and the GPS system cannot locate large nationally known retail stores in my immediate area by name and frequently routes me to another city altogether. The system neeeds updated and I was told I would have to pay the $200 for the software. My portable Garmin does a better job for less money and lifetime updates. And finally, my adaptive cruise control went haywire 4 months ago and after 5 appointments with their service department, they cannot fix the problem. It's been a frustrating experience to say the least, but I'm keeping my hopes up because I really do like the car. Really !"

Amazing

By on Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Pros: "Design, power, driving, price"

Cons: "none so far"

"I've not posted review on KBB ever but my Genesis 3.8 brought me here to share my experience. It's a really amazing car. The feeling while driving is more like a BMW 5 series which I drove when I was in Germany. It really reminds me BMW 5. Unlike other old Hyundai models, Genesis is pretty firm and responsive. The exterior and interior is beautiful. I'm very satisfied with my Genesis."

Best vehicle I ever owned.

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "It's like a rocket and handles nice."

Cons: "Accessory power, with engine off, not available."

"Over 50 years of buying new cars and finally a car that is perfect. Have ownd Cadillac, Oldsmobile, Chysler, Dodge, Ford and Plymouth, but the only car that has managed to stay away from the repair shop, has been my Hyuhdai Genesis 4.6. The only issue (minor at that) is the stiff suspension, resulting in a harsh ride over rough roads. On smooth highways, it rides like silk."

Best value for money car

By on Friday, October 07, 2011

Pros: "fit and finish, looks, sound system, overall value"

Cons: "None so far"

"This car is just amazing. Fit and finish, looks and the amount of features is unparalleled in this price range. The car is compared to Chrysler 300 and Buick , it can easily stand side by side to Lexus, infinity M, Mercedes E class and BMW that will cost you many many more thousands of $$$. Sound system is phenomenal, one of the best available out there. The adaptive cruise control is very nice. The V8 4.6 is simply a rocket. If you plan for a luxury sedan, give the genesis a try... You won't regret!"

Great value fand my third one!

By on Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Pros: "Very comfortable with a roomy interior and trunk.."

Cons: "Handling could be improved upon"

"Very comfortable and well equipped vehicle. Dealer maimtenance costs are lower than than other luxury cars I have owned."

One of the best, most fun cars I've owned

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Pros: "Awesome acceleration, fun to drive, reliable"

Cons: "Track suspension is stiff, OK gas mileage"

"This is a real car. It is not some sheep in wolf's clothing. There is wolf inside. My Genesis moves, very quickly, and without much effort. If you want to burn rubber, you can. If you just want to go to the grocery store, you can. If you want to drive long distances, you can. In short, it is a car for most drivers. Now, it is not the most comfortable car but not everyone wants a Buick. You can't carry a lot of stuff in it but not everyone wants an SUV. You can only carry 2 adults comfortably, but not everyone wants a mini-van, and my 75 pound dogs have never complained. The styling, inside and out, is beautiful. Lots of smooth, flowing lines. Lots of tech inside. Good visibility. And people do see you. For the money, this is a very good sports car. Take it on the road, take it to the track, just drive it. You'll love it."

An excellent vehicle with all the bells and whistl

By on Sunday, April 20, 2014

Pros: "Excess power. Like a Lexus with a 30% discount."

Cons: "I really don't have any cons with this vehicle."

"A full up luxury midsize vehicle. Has been a dependable performer with not one problem since brand new (now 2 1/2 years old). Shucks, only 7 1/2 years left on the warranty. I traded a Lexus LS430 in on this vehicle and feel like I just got an upgraded version."

My Dream Car

By on Saturday, December 21, 2013

Pros: "Style, Driving Dynamics, Horsepower, RWD, Price"

Cons: "Gas mileage, Winter Weather"

"It has been the best car i have ever owned, sure it has some build issues but the value for what you get are amazing i would never get rid of it for the world. Not much of a winter car i might add though It has its cons but it is one of the best cars you can buy for the money, and hyundai always has awesome value, and the best warranty, along with Kia. Looking for a great sports car dont forget to look at the awesome Genesis Coupe."

Very enjoyable ride

By on Friday, September 06, 2013

Pros: "Great features, comfortable ride."

Cons: "Poor snow vehicle"

"I still have not changed the original tires. I had a terrible time in the snow. However I love the car, the ride, the sound system, the features we take for granted. 1) the door lock automatically 2) auto wiper system, but the best is the cruise controls auto distance control. I never worry about a vehicle jumping In front while in cruise mode it keeps it's distance automatically."

Poor man's sportscar

By on Monday, September 02, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive; great sound system"

Cons: "Clutch/shifting problem"

"I own the Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track and I like the overall performance so far. The only drawback for me is the suspension system, which gives a rough ride when driving on poor road conditions. They need to fix the glitch with the traction control system which sometimes comes on upon starting the engine. The traction control light comes on and you can only turn it off when you restart your car. If you try to drive off in that condition, the transmission jolts and somewhat misengages and the only way to prevent it from damaging your transmission is to return it to "park" and then restart the car. I thinnk Hyundai should look into this and so far i was told in the dealership that they could not detect this problem with their diagnostic tools."

2010 Genesis 3.8 coupe Track

By on Monday, June 24, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Interior quality"

"Have this car for 4 years. Not a single problem, Smooth pick up, lots n lots of power. The twin exhust makes a nice throtty and raspy noise, gives you a hint that there is a big V6 under the hood. One thing you should consider, if you live in a state where roads are not good, forget about this car. the ride is stiff & hard what you expect from a sports car. Regular maintance is not that expenside but If you have the Track or R-spec package you are gonna spend some big bucks on tires. Each tires cost you around $250 to $300. Other than that its an awesome car to have."

lot for money, quality fair, dealers bad

By on Thursday, May 09, 2013

Pros: "good price, lots of power"

Cons: "below average quality and service"

"many options for the money. The quality for a $40,000 car is well below average. Dealer service is very very bad and no help from level above dealer. Resale value is below average. Good riding car with lots of power, Two times with in a year, battery failed and car totally locked up. Each time dealer said car fixed. last time service said it was because of a bad trunk latch, I am not fooling."

I like it a lot!

By on Thursday, May 09, 2013

Pros: "Smooth Ride, great acceleration, steady at speed"

Cons: "Navigation system"

"The Genesis is the car that my family most wants to borrow when theirs is out of service. My son's Toyota FJ was unavailable for a few days during a recent visit so he drove the Genesis for three days. He bought his own Genesis sedan the following Saturday. Only issue so far is that the Navigation system that is in need of updating causing confusion when driving in newly renovated areas."

My 2nd genesis-a great car

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "just a good car !"

"Bought my 1st genesis in 2009. Had the car 3 years 1 month. Bought 2012 1 year 2 months. My 2012 is improved over the 2009. Better ride, smother power and a small improvement in gas mileage. Looked at all the other cars like BMW, Acura (owned one in 2007) Mercedes, Audi, and other. Genesis is the best buy for the money. Plan to look at the 2014 Genesis."

GREAT CAR FOR THE MONEY

By on Friday, December 14, 2012

Pros: "GREAT CAR THAT IS FUN TO DRIVE"

Cons: "TRANSMISSION SHIFTING BIG DISIPOINTMENT"

2012 GENESIS R-SPEC

"I HAVE OWNED 2 NEW AVALONS LIMITEDS. THEY WERE VERY NICE CARS WITH ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES. THEY HAD VERY APPEALING LINES AND GREAT DASH LAYOUTS. THE 3.5 V/6 HAD GREAT PERFORMANCE AND ECONOMY. MY FIRST DRIVE IMPRESSION ON THE GENESIS R-SPEC WAS WOW, THIS IS REALLY GREAT. THE EXTERIOR HAS THE M-B LOOK AND RIDE. THE INTERIOR IS AS GOOD AND QUIET AS ANY AUDI I EVER DROVE. THE ENGINE HAS GREAT PERFORMANCE AND THE BRAKES ARE EXCELLENT ALSO.IT IS HARD TO RESIST A FULL THROTTLE TAKEOFF. THE LEXICON SOUND SYSTEM IS THE BEST I HAVE EVER HEARD IN ANY CAR. I GOT 27 MPH ON A RECENT ROAD TRIP AT 75MPH. THE ONLY NEGATIVE IS THE TRANSMISSION SHIFT POINTS. THE SHIFTS ARE VERY SLOW FOR A CAR THAT INSPIRES PERFORMANCE. ONE WONDERS WHAT A SHIFT KIT COULD DO THE IMPROVE THIS DEFICIENCY."

2012 GENESIS R-SPEC

great value

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pros: "ride,quiet,power"

Cons: "no room for misc things in front."

"Very nice ride,quiet,lots of power and all in all a great value."

Everyone asks me about it

By on Thursday, October 04, 2012

Pros: "Love everything about it"

"Family members love sitting in the back seat. I like the heated seats in the summer and the cool seats in summer."

The best value for a LUX car

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

"Powerful V8, top speed 150 mph as tested on the way to Las Vegas, backed off speed as I passed an 18 wheeler still plenty to go...double insulated windows not found any car in this price range. 17 speaker sound system better then MBZ S class."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Genesis Coupe near Honolulu. See local deals