2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,812 - $23,512.

10/7.3

Based on 347 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

best choice for the money

By on Sunday, October 04, 2009

"my car has been flawless. very happy with all the features. i would tradw my infiniti every time for this car"

only one bug with my r-spec

By on Sunday, August 25, 2013

"my car will hesitate when I step on the gas from a dead stop Hyundai dealer told me to be a little easy off the line, I think they need to watch their advertisement. dealing with a bug! the good things are handling,perforance and luxery, 25mpg on highway with 430 hp, no body roll when braking into a turn. love it."

Over all love it

By on Thursday, May 02, 2013

Pros: "Well built; attention to details; value"

Cons: "City MPG; badges"

"Over all I cannot complain. I traded in my 2012 Camry for the 2013 Genesis Grand Touring Coupe with the 3.8 ltr V6 paired with the 8spd automatic transmission. I grew up driving big, heavy, rusted American muscle and luxury cars, so switching back to a powerful rear wheel drive vehicle was nice. My first car was '51 Chevy DeLux with a straight six. I compared several cars, the Mustang was an instant no for me, I like power, but I also like a quality feel and stylish interior. The Mustang is just to bland inside. I also looked at the new Camaro, but to get the equivalent to what the Genesis offered would mean slapping down nearly thirteen grand more for the RS and even then the interior was just a few notches above the Mustangs. However the insurance was the final aspect to write off the Camaro; an extra fifty a month over the Genesis. While an Audi A8 is what I really wanted, and as much as I love my Genesis, it is no Audi A8. However it certainly does give the Audi a run for its money. What I love about it: the small details won me over. From the accent lighting in the gauge clusters and around other interior aspects, the lay out of the engine compartment offers room for upgrades (although you will void the warranty if you do anything major)the light up Genesis logo on the door sill, L.E.D. running lights, one touch auto windows and moon roof, double stitched leather, appropriately sized and placed buttons, touch screen interface with navigation, blue tooth, XM radio ect (I wanted all the toys). The key-less remote is great; I can keep the transponder in my pocket and my house key in my bag with my work keys). I have had no problems with the Blue link except I wish they would use Google Maps over Bing for the app on my phone. As for handling and driving, I have no complaints. It has a nice healthy growl and is composed when needed but she will take off and if you are not ready or inexperienced can get a bit clumsy. It hugs the corners nicely. Florida has a lot of very smooth long curves that the Genesis seemed to be built for. It does shake a bit above 100, but nothing out of the normal for a vehicle traveling at that velocity. As a daily driver though it does have some failings. MPG is great on the highway, far better than I had expected; city driving needs some improvement. She does not like to go slow and the stop and go of everyday commuting will run the tank dry quickly. Of course it is still in the breaking in phase and the MPG has gotten a little better over the past week, up from 14.8 to 16.5. The styling is impressive, although I am swapping out the Hyundai badges; still not sure why the sedan gets the wings and not the coupe. There are some small quality issues, part of the wiring harness running under the drivers side interior rocker panel was sticking out from under the plastic covering. It was nothing that caused any problems, just more of an aesthetic concern. I am sure that in a few years the Florida sun will reek havoc on the cardboard used for the moon roof sliding cover and the alloy used on the door sill plate scratches easily from the heels on my dress shoes. However these are all minor concerns that the dealership addressed as needed (the door sill cover I am on my own, just have to learn to pick up my feet when getting in and out). I have had the car for over two months and I still love it. I plan to keep it for the long term and procure a daily driver next year."

Great car!

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

Pros: "Great price & features, high quality, great mpg."

Cons: "Screen on GPS is hard to read in direct sunlight."

"I have owned my Genesis about 3 weeks. Just took it to Florida on a 500 mile trip. 32.5 mpg @ 70 mph. 35.5 at 55-60. Just great for a car this large. It is a pleasure to drive. I know it is early for this review, but I just love this car. I studied many on KBB and drove all of them before I decided on a Genesis. I studied ALL of the facts/details. You get a lot more for your $ investment, and the warranty can't be beat (I upgraded to 10 yr/100,000 mi bumper to bumper) for not much more $. Try that with the others (the German ones). A satisfied customer..."

Great Sports Car

By on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pros: "Great sporty look and classy too. Inside-nice."

Cons: "Ride can be rough/not good in snow, wind, rain."

"I truly enjoy my Genesis. It's a fun car with great power. However, it doesn't handle well in snowy, wet or windy driving conditions. A great car as an alternate vehicle but I would not recommend it as a primary mode of transportation, particularly if you reside in an area that has harsh weather conditions. Great interior look with lots of leg room in the front--rather tight for rear seat passengers."

See if you qualify for