2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,595 - $23,412.

10/7.3

Based on 351 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

LOVE THIS CAR

By on Friday, April 25, 2014

Pros: "Great Value, fun to drive"

"I owned a 2001 Acura CL which I really enjoyed, but not as much as the Genesis. I bought the Acura because of the conveniences and quality of the car for the money I paid, but I believe the Genesis offers far more for the money plus the fact that I can put regular gas versus premium for the Acura. I never received too many compliments on the Acura, but I am shocked at the number of people that still come up to me and compliment me on such a beautiful car, and they ask what kind of car is it....and I tell them it's a Hyundai Genesis, and they usually say, "Wow, Hyundai has come a long way...they make beautiful cars now." Another frequent question is how do I like the car, to which I respond, "I love this car." It's heavy and sticks to the ground like some Mercedes and older Jags I've driven. It's powerful, and I've never had a better sound system than the Lexicon 17 speaker DVD player / sound system. The closest one would be a Bose on an older Infinity J30, but this is still so much better. The other good thing is you don't see too many Genesis cars on the road, which means they don't get stolen or taken for parts because there isn't the same demand there is for something like a Camry. I hope it stays that way. Unfortunately, I think people will start to figure the Genesis out and start buying a lot more."

Great Car Great Value

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pros: "Great Vallue, great ride, very comfortable"

Cons: "No 4 Wheel Drive Option"

"I reluctantly traded in my Mercedes and bought this 2013 program car 2013 Genesis. I have to say that I am very pleased with the vehicle. I have a very long commute and therefore overall ride, comfort, and reliability are very important to me. The car rides and handles well and I have lots more room than my Mercedes. What a joy to take the vehicle in for an oil change and pay 10% of what an oil change service visit was at the Mercedes dealership. What a great value and great low cost of ownership"

Who knew?

By on Friday, October 11, 2013

Pros: "Loaded, smooth ride, lots of power, good $$"

Cons: "None - seriously best priced luxury on the market."

"I had heard about this car through people and car reviews but it wasn't until I drove one that "I got it"... I travel for work so upgrades on rental cars are normal. I drive Mercedes, Infinities, Volvos frequently and I can tell you they have NOTHING on this car. Hyundai made a statement and the only thing you have to do is test drive it to become a believer. I did it on a whim because of what I had heard and instantly bought the car - I wasn't planning on buying a car that day..."

4yrs, 100k+, runs showroom fresh

By on Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Pros: "smooth, easy, loveable"

Cons: "deep snow performance is bad, less snow is fine"

"I have absolutely adored this car, and have but one complaint, and one annoyance. In Colorado, the car is magic in the mountains, and cities alike, so long as the snow is less than about 3". once the snow pack is deep, the stability and traction controls lose their ability to drive affectively. Hyundai needs to learn quite a bit in this regard. When the stability control is on, and the wheels slip on deep snow, the engine is cut of nearly all of it's power, and the wheels still spin. This is unworkable, and causes the car to creep forward, but only barely. it is nearly a standstill. I usually turn the ESC (Stability) off when starting from a light or stop sign in these conditions, which allows the engine full power, and allows me proper modulation of the throttle without interference. Audi and BMW cars that i've driven have superior drive systems in extreme weather. On ice, or light snow, the systems work well, and perform flawlessly. In those conditions, or dry weather, this is one of the most pleasant cars i've ever driven, from low-end fords, to jags. The drive is smooth, and absolutely controllable. the 5-point multi-link suspension in the rear is a great addition, and entices a very neutral driving line, with a hint of oversteer. The one part I would change would be the transmission on the V6 model. It uses a slightly dated Aisin 6-speed. While it has a manual mode, it is very much of the old style, where it gives little to no performance or control gain. The V8 models have a very well made ZF 8-speed, which shifts more smoothly. Even a newer Aisin 6-speed would be nice. The current Aisin model is very smooth, but sometimes unpredictable, and occasionally jerky under load. At 108K miles, the engine is working flawlessly. More than just listening, and feeling. For those interested/educated in engines I can tell you that my engines STFT is within .7%, LTFT is dead at 0.0%, and O2 sensors modulate properly without spiking low or high. There has been no rebuild, or electronics replacement. Everything is factory stock. I average 20-22 mpg, with a fairly even mixture of city/highway driving, and about 1,500 miles per month. Highly recommended, easily driveable in any conditions, plenty of space, and the reliability is rock solid."

fun to drive, classy, comfortable. good mpg

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

"great car, good mpg. smooth ride. Hyundai stands behind everything. great value"