2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,837 - $23,528.

10/7.3

Based on 347 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

This car is the best kept secret around.

By on Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pros: "price/value ratio is great"

Cons: "Blue Link, remote start, on-board Map are poor!"

"The 2013 Genesis Coupe 2.0T (274hp/automatic) is dynamic when you put your foot down. Rides flat on the corners and pushes you back in the seat from the git-go. I can ride on the Interstate all day at 80mph and still get 28 mpg."

Best car ever owned. Faster than you think...

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Pros: "Price and all that you get with that price"

Cons: "back seat best for kids."

side view

"2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0t Premium in Parabolica Blue Metallic Just a awesome car to drive. No issues at all. Dealer has been great. Fun car to drive."

side view

Very nice for the price. Seems like I stole it!

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Pros: "Looks, power, comfort, features, value"

Cons: "Handling, Suspension, what others may think"

"Me= 40's middle of the road family man. I was trying to find a family friendly sports car cheap and end up stumbling on the Genesis Sedan as my commuter. It's very family friendly (except non folding rear seats) and the 3.8 is powerful enough to move! Quick take offs are easy with this car. Maneuverability is lacking when compared to my 08 Passat that is on the selling block due to a 4th failed water pump @ 68k mi. & uncooperative dealer. The Genesis is heavier, but larger and faster. Suspension is softer in general but more harsh on big dips. Otherwise the car is so smooth and comfy that I don't really drive aggressively much anymore but still love every second! The regular unleaded fuel mitigates the Passat's better mpg and Premium fuel. Transmission is not as precise and is missing a sports mode. Manual mode is too slow to shift for sports driving though it is the only way to lock into a gear to stay in the power band. My kids love the roomy back seat and were cramped in the VW. The performance it lacks are more than made up for by the features. I now know why some buy luxury instead of all out speed. Ultimate car? No. Ultimate deal? Yes!"

Outstanding Value for the Money. ZERO regrets.

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Pros: "Best Value, Reliability, Quality, Best Warranty"

Cons: "NO AWD option, NO foldable back seats"

2012 Hyundai Genesis R Spec Black Noir AS Continental Tires

"My first car was a 2001 BMW 325CI(coupe) which I loved very much. I decided it was time to upgrade to a sedan and I test drove a wide assortment of automobiles during the research phase. I drove the likes of an Audi A6, Acura TL, Subaru Legacy, Mercedes C class, Saab 9-5, Infiniti G37x and a Lexus GS 350. They were all very fine cars but none had the incredible value of the Hyundai Genesis. I paid $43,000 for the Genesis and it is easily the best purchase I ever made. Positives: The Genesis R Spec sedan I own is FULLY loaded with all the options available for the model. I love Audi but an A6 at the time was offered to me for $55,000+...it is NOT $10,000 better than the Genesis. I really wanted a German auto but the Genesis convinced me otherwise. The combination of power(429 HP), options, top safety rating, quality interior build, pleasing exterior, and 10 year warranty(I paid $1000+ for 10 yr bumper to bumper) cannot be matched at this price. I am somewhat of an audiophile and this car's Lexicon sound system (17 speakers, 7.1, 528 watts) is the best I have ever heard. I played some DVD audio discs and I was blown away by the quality. It is better than anything I have in my house currently and is better IMO than most Audi, Lexus and BMW systems. I haven't tried the B&O system for Audi but that costs $5,900 ALONE. The AC/heater is great; the car's interior is cooled/heated within seconds. Rear and B pillar vents keep the back warm/cool in a hurry. Rear seats are also HEATED. Fronts seats are heated with the driver's seat having a cooling feature as well. The leather quality of the seats is excellent and the button layout of the dashboard and cockpit is terrific. Navigation has been very solid since I have been using it and the screen resolution is sharp. Back up camera and parking sensors work very well. Hands free phone calling works great. Voice recognition works very well but is not perfect. Power folding mirrors included. A quiet ride with minimal road and wind noise when driving on the highway. Negatives: The 2012 Genesis does not have Bluetooth audio streaming which I could certainly use for my iPhone. NO spoken street names(Text To Speech) for NAV. The R Spec's suspension can be a little harsh over rough roads. Front passenger seat does not have cooling option. NO Blind Spot Detection. Navigation screen can be difficult to see when sunlight falls directly on it. Steering can feel a little heavy to some, especially at higher speeds when turning on the highway. Final Thoughts: The Genesis is relatively new since it came out in 2009 and most people are still stuck on badges and brand recognition concerning performance luxury vehicles. Potential buyers have to overlook that this is a Hyundai and realize this is truly an overall amazing car for the money. I feel compelled to write this review also because I recently had a collision incident with the Genesis and my wife and I walked out of the car with only some minor bumps and bruises. I am positive that the Genesis saved us from having more serious injuries and I cannot wait to be driving her again in a few weeks once she is 100% fixed."

2012 Hyundai Genesis R Spec Black Noir AS Continental Tires

Love this car!

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

Pros: "road handling, responsiveness, seat comfort"

Cons: "safety belt could be placed a bit lower."

"I bought this car in 2012. Loved it ever since. Most comfortable seating in a sports car. Handles the road amazingly well. Very responsive. Did not have any trouble even though has amazing dealer warranty."

Excellent Vehicle

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "This car can't be beat."

Cons: "Battery drain if car sits for a week is significac"

"This is my second Genesis sedan with tech and premium package. The 2013 is fantastic. The 8 speed transmission is excellent. I get 23 overall and 28-29 highway. Acceleration is real get up and go. The engine is smooth and revs great. Comfort and fit and finish is tops."

Very spirited 6 cylinder. Roomiest rear seat ever

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

"I have been delighted with this car. It was a great value for the money. I owned the E Mercedes and E Lexus prior to this one and the Genesis is as good or better than both for significantly less money."

Huge bargain compared to the germans and lexus.

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

"Huge bargain compared to the germans and lexus."

best ever

By on Sunday, May 18, 2014

"only demerit is hard suspension"

great vehical to drive on long drives

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Pros: "Very nice car to drive"

Cons: "resale valve very low compared to cost"

"average gas mileage is 22 mpg combined"

See if you qualify for