2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Based on 351 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

FUN to drive, but...

By on Monday, May 05, 2014

Pros: "FUN to drive, speedy!"

Cons: "Can't carry much or go too far on a tank of gas!"

"This is a terrific little car for zipping around. Handles well, accelerates well, comfy seating, decent sound. Makes me smile when I see it in the driveway or parking lot. HOWEVER ... practical, it's not. The trunk is tiny. The back seats aren't meant for human beings. While the back seats do fold down, there's a huge metal barrier between the seats and the trunk, with only a small pass-through type opening that's useable for larger items. Don't think you can buy out a store and get it home in this car! Gas mileage is atrocious. I get only 15mpg in in-town driving."

Excellent car

By on Monday, May 05, 2014

"Excellent car, cool, nice line, and fast. Can not ask for any more."

Watch Out European & Japanese Luxury Car Makers!

By on Thursday, May 01, 2014

Pros: "Luxury, Value, power, features."

Cons: "Rear seat headroom."

"Wow! Bought this 2011 4.6 Genesis with 21000 and can't believe the value it represents. Traded my Merc M-Class for it and it's definitely a step up in ride, power, comfort and features! Feature rich like no car in its class, the fit and finish is pleasing and precise. Back seat head room is the only disappointment for those long in the torso. SO impressed!"

Fun vehicle to drive

By on Friday, April 25, 2014

"Not family friendly, back seat unusable. Love the looks and power, but not an "old mans" car. Powerful 6, prefer 8 cyl engines"

LOVE THIS CAR

By on Friday, April 25, 2014

Pros: "Great Value, fun to drive"

"I owned a 2001 Acura CL which I really enjoyed, but not as much as the Genesis. I bought the Acura because of the conveniences and quality of the car for the money I paid, but I believe the Genesis offers far more for the money plus the fact that I can put regular gas versus premium for the Acura. I never received too many compliments on the Acura, but I am shocked at the number of people that still come up to me and compliment me on such a beautiful car, and they ask what kind of car is it....and I tell them it's a Hyundai Genesis, and they usually say, "Wow, Hyundai has come a long way...they make beautiful cars now." Another frequent question is how do I like the car, to which I respond, "I love this car." It's heavy and sticks to the ground like some Mercedes and older Jags I've driven. It's powerful, and I've never had a better sound system than the Lexicon 17 speaker DVD player / sound system. The closest one would be a Bose on an older Infinity J30, but this is still so much better. The other good thing is you don't see too many Genesis cars on the road, which means they don't get stolen or taken for parts because there isn't the same demand there is for something like a Camry. I hope it stays that way. Unfortunately, I think people will start to figure the Genesis out and start buying a lot more."

LOVE IT

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pros: "most car for the money. Quiet, smooth drive"

Cons: "seat belt is not comfortable for ME"

"I love this car. The handling is outstanding. It is quiet and feels safe. There is so much leg room and storage room. People stop me all the time and tell me how beautiful the car is. My only complaint is the driver side seat belt hits me in the wrong spot. I am short and have a hard time with this issue anyway. It is adjustable--but not enough for me. Otherwise, the car has been a joy to own."

An excellent vehicle with all the bells and whistl

By on Sunday, April 20, 2014

Pros: "Excess power. Like a Lexus with a 30% discount."

Cons: "I really don't have any cons with this vehicle."

"A full up luxury midsize vehicle. Has been a dependable performer with not one problem since brand new (now 2 1/2 years old). Shucks, only 7 1/2 years left on the warranty. I traded a Lexus LS430 in on this vehicle and feel like I just got an upgraded version."

It was worth the upgrade from the 2009 4.6 Genesis

By on Sunday, April 20, 2014

Pros: "upgraded toys, the 5.0 is a rocket, long warrenty"

Cons: "Paddle shift, 235 tires too small if you push it."

"The Mrs. was due for an upgrade, after 5 years of 2009 4.6 trouble free ownership, she decided she like to keep it after all, especially as it only had 45000 miles. With the current offers on the outgoing model, it was too tempting to resist, I got a nice white R-Spec and will do another fully loaded upgrade in couple of years to the new model. With a premium fuel, K&N filter & full synthetic oil change (if one does not do this, to my ears the 5.0 sound like a diesel engine), this thing is a wolf in sheep clothing. I have no doubt it can do 0-60 in 4.7... With all the included toys (way too many to list here) the remote start/lane departure/Adaptive Cruise control, etc., I suppose the other toys (HUD / Adaptive suspension / Pedal shift / self parking) will just have to wait a little while longer.. ;) I have a short work commute, so MPG is not a deal breaker (hence the R-Spec), but all I can say, is even the base 3.8 model will beat anythings in the same price point (with the current incentives on the 2013 and 2014 models). If you in the market for a new car, and the 'badge' is not deal breaker for you, give the Genesis a quick test drive, you will most likely love it."

best car ever

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "great mileage"

Cons: "too low to exit easily"

"best car ever"

Not the Hyundai of 10 years ago

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Power, Handling, Comfort"

Cons: "Lack of LSD outside of R-Spec/Track editions, Fuel"

"The 2014 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0t is not a Hyundai of 10 years ago. Hyundai has stepped their game up with each generation of Genesis, with this generation (2013+) being the first which car enthusiasts can take seriously."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Genesis Coupe near Honolulu. See local deals