2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Based on 390 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

LOVE IT

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pros: "most car for the money. Quiet, smooth drive"

Cons: "seat belt is not comfortable for ME"

"I love this car. The handling is outstanding. It is quiet and feels safe. There is so much leg room and storage room. People stop me all the time and tell me how beautiful the car is. My only complaint is the driver side seat belt hits me in the wrong spot. I am short and have a hard time with this issue anyway. It is adjustable--but not enough for me. Otherwise, the car has been a joy to own."

Not the Hyundai of 10 years ago

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Power, Handling, Comfort"

Cons: "Lack of LSD outside of R-Spec/Track editions, Fuel"

"The 2014 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0t is not a Hyundai of 10 years ago. Hyundai has stepped their game up with each generation of Genesis, with this generation (2013+) being the first which car enthusiasts can take seriously."

Great highway car

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "Good looking and fun to drive. Also great finishi"

Cons: "Lack of blindspot sensor"

"This is a Canadian car which travels between there and Florida for the winter. Three trips so far, and it is a great highway car. Safe and comfortable"

Hyundai hit a home run here

By on Thursday, January 02, 2014

Pros: "Most car for the money anywhere!"

Cons: "Need sports car fine tuning"

After the dragon.

"This is the second generation of the Hyundai Genesis Coupe, which came out in 2010. When compared to the competition there is really not a lot of comparison. This car in the "bang for the buck" area wins hands down. You have to bust out and other ten grand to get the same car anywhere else. I have had this car for almost a year, and just love it. It is easy to do minor upgrades on. It drives wonderfully, like any Japanese or European car of similar class. No it is not a BMW M4 but then you didn't pay that price for it either. I have taken this car to a few club rally's and on long drives and even dirty it turns heads. To sum it all up. It looks great on the outside, feels great on the inside, runs like a beast and turns heads almost everywhere we go."

After the dragon.

Greatest car ever!

By on Friday, October 11, 2013

Cons: "Can't think of a single one"

"This is the fourth Hyundai I have bought and I have never had a car I liked more than this one."

Super fun, classy ride

By on Friday, July 05, 2013

Pros: "Super fun to drive, beautiful vehicle"

"Great fun to drive, handles like a dream, comparable to mid priced sports cars. This has been one of favorite cars over the past 30 years. The Hyundai dealership has been very professional, truly appreciated. I highly recommend this moderately priced vehicle to anyone who wants to drive a sharp looking car that handles great. Fun, fun, fun"

09' 4.6 w/ Tech Package = Bargain Benz

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Everything considered, it is a flat out bargain!"

Cons: "Wish that AWD was an option"

Looks so much better than the "Flying H"

"Drive the comparable German and Domestic models and you'll find this car fitting perfectly on top! It crushes the value category, barely plays second fiddle to the German handling (major price difference though) and stomps on the Domestic models in every category (interior quality...HUGE difference). If you're afraid to tell people that you drive a Hyundai, then stroke the bigger check every month for the flashy logo, give up a superior stereo and lots of standard features, or just rebadge the thing so it looks like the Genesis that they sell in Korea and once a month someone will say "What kind of car is that?", or "Is that a Bentley?"."

Looks so much better than the "Flying H"

2010 Gen Coupe 3.8 GT

By on Saturday, March 09, 2013

Pros: "Power, Standard Equipment, Comfortable Fun Ride"

Cons: "Backseat, Snow Driving"

"I have now owned my car for the last 3 years and I have considered getting ready to trade up and move into the big leagues of muscle and yet everytime I look around at a possible new suitor and look out in my driveway I fall in love all over again. This car has been nothing but great to me. The power is an absolute blast when you a ripping down the highway, which i drive an hour to and from work each day. I actually enjoy getting into and starting my car and getting ready for the work day. Having just passed the 50k mile mark I have to say I have not run in to any problems that were not user error (My aftermarket exhaust throws a check engine light) and outside of that one small issue the car has only been to the dealership for oil changes and routine maintenance. I will agree with everyone else that the car is not great in the snow but it also hasnt left me stranded anywhere this winter. I have gotten many comments about how nice the car is. It draws a lot of attention. Needless to say I would absolutely recommend anyone in the market for Mustang/Charger/Challenger/Camaro's to check out the Genesis coupe before you sign on the dotted line. The car is quick and comfortable and makes normal daily driving relaxing and yet fun at the same time. P.S. The backseat is usable only for children, adults under 5'5" and storage"

Better than my traded in BMW

By on Thursday, December 27, 2012

Pros: "Value for money paid, acceleration, quiet interior"

Cons: "back seat doesn't fold down"

"BMW was fun to drive but it spent too much time at the dealership service department. When the warranty ended, so did my ownership. Bought this Genesis sedan with the lux package (did not need/want the tech package). Love the car so far. Fast, quiet, and it handles extremely well for a large sedan. Tons of room inside and the quality of the materials and assembly is fabulous. My ONLY complaint is that the back seats do not fold forward to extend the cargo area. That said, the actual trunk is huge. Great car at a great price (when I bought Hyundai had $3K of factory money available, so I got 6K off MSRP)."

multiful times of problem with navigation cd syste

By on Sunday, December 09, 2012

Pros: "fine perfprmance, fun driving"

Cons: "navigation $ cd, radio problem"

"Very fun to drive. First time I drove so many people showed the interest. Started the problem with navigation and music system from first year. Dealer fixed(?) 4 or 5 times. The warranty peoriod is 3years. I purchased this car Aug/ 2009. First problem in 2009 and the last car was fixed on March 2012. Please explain the warranty in my situation. Thanks"

Beautiful, luxurious. Love it

By on Monday, September 24, 2012

"It is a great car compared to the top luxury cars. It gets a lot of attention. I love everything about it, except for the phone connection location and no place to put a Kleenex box. I love my car. I would buy from Hyundai again, they are up to date on looks, power and technology."

Awesome car, would love to keep it for forever

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

"Love the car, fun to drive, sporty, but not too sporty. Has the power when needed, but still gets great gas mileage."

You MUST own this car

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "Performance, features, and price"

"Do two things: 1) Take an Avatar DVD, throw it in the player, tune to chapter 6 and crank the surround sound; 2) Settle into the leather seats, drive the car on the freeway, and wait five minutes until Mr. Highway Patrolman apprehends you for 'slightly' aggressive driving. If these two experiences don't convince you that this car is AWESOME, then you have no pulse. I own the 4.6...because the R-Spec doesn't come in red."

Excellent handling, no cruise control on R-Spec!

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "Great handling and power for the money."

Cons: "Lack of cruise on R-Spec models."

2011 Genesis Coupe 3.8 R-Spec Karussel White

"My 2011 Genesis Coupe 3.8 R-Spec is a great car for the money. For $28,000 you get a 300 HP V6, 6 speed manual, Brembo brakes, and 19" wheels. What you don't get, and I feel is a the worst thing about the R-Spec, is no cruise control. Other than that, the car is fantastic. Handling is excellent, even with the stock Bridgestones. I quickly replaced these with Hankook Ventus V12's and the car is even better. In the V6 category, this "Hustle" car will out perform the V6 Mustang and the V6 Camaro. If Hyundai decides to make a V8 version of the Genesis Coupe, I will be first in line at my local dealer."

2011 Genesis Coupe 3.8 R-Spec Karussel White

Great reliable car

By on Saturday, January 07, 2012

"Smooth quiet ride on highway Comfortable ride No mechanical problems Great acceleration when needed Excellent navigation and sound system"

Love this car!

By on Sunday, January 01, 2012

Cons: "None right off the top of my head."

Titianum Grey Metlic Black Leather interior

"Bought this car for my wife because she fell in love with it. I wasn't to impressed until I started driving it. For a sedan the car is very responsponsive drives well and has a solid feel to it. Great MPG much better than advertized, but I drive every conservitivy. If you buy it I think you will like it. Lots of aftermarket"stuff""

Titianum Grey Metlic Black Leather interior

Very pleased

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pros: "Safe, Beautiful, Value"

"Coming from a previous Volvo owner, safety was obviously my main concern. After shopping around at Honda, Lexus etc for a 4 door sedan, I discovered this model was the only 4dr car I found with top 5 star rating across the board! I was sold. I Love this car and am constantly getting 2nd glances and questions like "what is this car? it's beautiful!""

Love it! Will buy another Genesis

By on Friday, December 23, 2011

Pros: "Gets 28 / 29 MPG which is good for a V8"

Cons: "Front cup holders-need more space for cups"

"Very confortable to travel in. The back seat has enough room for two adults. Overall I just love it."

This is one of the most amazing vehicles ever!

By on Friday, December 23, 2011

Pros: "great fun for an extremely low price and powerful"

Cons: "needs better racing seats for the high end models"

"i have one thing that i don't like about this car. I have a bad back so the only thing that i haven't loved is the lumbar support that is adjustable. I have to say this car is amazing and there is no reason everbody shouldn't own one. I LOVE IT!"

people still ask, what is it?

By on Thursday, November 24, 2011

Pros: "excellent value, head turner"

Cons: "Track model is a bit stiff, i knew this buying it"

"The only negative thing so far about the Track model is def the ride, to Hyundai: if the stiffer suspension is here to stay, which i dont mind being a sports coupe, then apply better tires from the factory, those Bridgestone Potenza summer tires are the worst on bumpy Los Angeles roads, i had to get rid of them after a few thousand miles replacing them with Michelin pilot all season sport which improved the ride so its tolerable now. Clunky gear selector is also bothersome and could be improved but im used it. Love the aftermarket offering as GenCoupe owners are "rebaging" and upgrading, and the Brembo's are terrific! This car gets looks (and questions) everywhere i go, nice get up and go powerplant and transmission, reg unleaded gas, the NAV and sound system suits me, wish there was more selection for one piece wheel selection or replacement, hard to find aftermarket wheels to fit over the Brembo's, with the right aftermarket upgrades, this car looks like a Porsche or sometimes a "mini" Bentley as ive been asked, BMW drivers hate this car and Infinity G drivers question it...lol, all in all, with everything included, i picked the right sports coupe for the price"

Great car

By on Thursday, November 24, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, gas milage, great price"

Cons: "suspension bad on rough roads, smallish back seat"

"great car. I bought this, and think it is one of there best purchases i have ever made. It is incredibly fun to drive and runs Very well. I love it in every way, the only reason i would say not to buy this car is if you have a bad back (sport suspension), or if you want someone over 5'3" in the back frequently, because they would fit, but uncomfortably."

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "quality, price, reliability,performance, looks"

Cons: "It is missing the BMW symbol"

"If you can get over not having the "status" symbol in your garage, get ready to save about $35,000 for the best copy of a BMW that is out there. Without a doubt, the most reliable car I have ever owned, and I have been driving for over 45 years. The 379 horse V-8 is awesome, and burns regular gas. 25 mph or better on the road, and better than 18 around town. Comfort and best sound system I have ever heard. No maintenance needed so far, other than tires, and oil changes."

Luxury vehicle at reasonable price

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pros: "Value, quiet ride, comfort, styling, ample room"

Cons: "Bad OEM tires, no remote start option"

"The 2010 Genesis 3.8 is a very well thought-out vehicle with great styling and many nice amenities. Very quiet on the highway and very reliable in my 2 years of ownership. Very roomy front and back. It is a V6 which has great acceleration. It is rear-wheel drive and in heavy snows, wished a 4-wheel drive option was available. The OEM tires (Dunlops) were awful and had to replace them (with Continental Extreme Contact DWS) after only 24,000 miles."

Very impressed with all aspects of car

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "Great price full of upscale features"

Cons: "all wheel drive would be a good option."

"A lot of car for the money. Hyundai Genesis can compete with any of the upscale vehicles for thousands less. Worth a closer look if you are looking at upscale cars."

My Classly Retirement Car

By on Saturday, June 25, 2011

Pros: "super-priced for all the high class package you buy."

Cons: "none notable yet."

"Was purchased as our retirement car when finished working in the Middle East. I was at home 2 weeks eavery 4 months. My retired teacher wife drove it daily while 1998 Mercury Mistique second car is garaged. She loves it and I am now retired at home having a hard time getting her let me drive also."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Genesis Coupe near Honolulu. See local deals