2014 Hyundai Equus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $61,508 - $63,649.

10/7.3

9.3

Based on 26 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Great car

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Pros: "price, lexicon speakers, quietness, massage seats"

Cons: "low gas mileage, stearing, brake distance"

"Just traded my Hyundai Azera for it. This equus had 1 owner and 95 000 miles. Car is in such great shape that it still looks and smell new. It has the beige seats which are still in great shape. You just can't tell the car has 100 000 miles. Put almost 5000 miles on it and keep discovering features of the car. I am a student and wanted to try it at the dealership, so I went there without knowing I would be approved for a loan. This is the ultimate, and having no kids, four seats is more than enough, especially since I have a Kia minivan as well. As far as reliability goes, no problem so far and I haven't read a review complaining about it. My Azera that I had for 2.5 years and 25 000 miles never gave me any trouble, I guess it will be the same for the Equus. I love the dynamic cruise control for long trip, else more fun to drive it yourself for shorter commutes. The stearing though is approximative and I wish it had side camera for parking, else it is a great car! Gas mileage is not the best though, I will probably a Tesla 4S after this one."

75% of a Mercedes S-Class for 60% of the price.

By on Monday, May 19, 2014

Pros: "Workmanship, materials, smooth, quiet, luxurious"

Cons: "Mediocre gas mileage, inadequate grasp of the road"

"I've owned seven Mercedes S-Classes. While this 2014 Equus does not give you the feeling of a relationship with the road, it delivers much of what you get in an S-Class. Quality workmanship, quiet and smooth ride, luxurious interior, and plenty of room front and back. I wish Equus offered massaging drive-dynamic front seats, and a power trunk on the Signature model. Paddle shifts would be better than the slow to respond console shifter. The basic warranty is 5/60000, three years of free scheduled maintenance, and free Hyundai high-end loaners. For what you get, the Equus is a bargain. It runs very well on recommended 87-octane fuel. I wish the 15/23 mileage were better. I just returned from a 6100-mile trip to UT, AZ, NV, CO and TX. My Equus handled well on many types of roads (paved, gravel and dirt), 10% grades, speeds and altitudes. User software for nab, audio and info is cumbersome to operate."

Good for its price

By on Thursday, May 08, 2014

"At its price its more than I expected. However, the oil consumption of this car is way too much. Doubt if It will last 10 years without major motor repairs. That said, I enjoy driving this car but will never buy another one ."

Best Bang for the Buck

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "Lexicon stereo, quality, acceleration, comfort"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"I bought the 2014 Equus Signature, black with tan interior, just a great car. I shopped the Mercedes S550, BMW 750 and the Lexus 460 before making my decision on this purchase. Realistically there is no comparison, this car rocks the competition. The interior of the Equus is awesome, the seats are exceptionally comfortable, the controls are nicely positioned and the stereo is tremendous. The interior amenities are as they should be in a car of this class. The fit and finish is comparable to the cars costing $40K more. The performance is similar to both the S550 and the BMW 750 in acceleration, the ride is more closely related to the S550. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a car such as the S550, BMW 750 or LS460 to test drive the Equus. You will be impressed."

excellent and beautiful

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "great driver best looker super comfortable"

Cons: "better customer care from dealer needed"

"handsomest of the luxury cars.quiet, fast, comfortable tracks hands off on level roads!S550 has edge in quality feel but those chrome vents and other trim are overdone!also lowest price for Merc is 104,000 plus Equus has better power train and bumper to bumper warranty! Much better Value than all overpriced luxury cars Only fault, Hyundai should set aside Equus and Genesis models for more customer distinction and TLC as Toyota did with Lexus!"

Best Bang for the Buck

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "Interior quality, Performance, Stereo, Price"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

Superb vehicle compared to the competition in this

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "Great value, much improved interior and exterior"

Cons: "Only con (if at all) is Hyundai's emblem"

"Unreal people still throw money to the wind for Audi’s, BMW’s, and Mercedes! I have owned all 3 in my lifetime, A 3 and 5 series BMW. The fishes are just as good, if not better inside the 2014 equus. The Mercedes is better, but at six figures! Same with Audi owned a A8 and yes, the fishes are better, but $50k better, NOT! Truthfully, I just can’t understand how some critics can just write off the equus, but hey…that’s their loss! Only feature that would be nice would be AWD, but I understand the next generation will have this option in 3 years or so. Otherwise, get a good set of studded winter tires and let her rip!!!"

Have owned 30 cars in my life and this is the best

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

Pros: "Very nice electric hydraulic steering. Great value"

Cons: "MPG getting 20-24 at present"

"Looked at all the new cars for 2014, BMW, Audi, MB etc. The 2014 Equus gave me all the options, with out the confusing extras penny and dime pricing of the big name brands. Looked at the interior refinements and the the clean touches to the exterior that the 2014 Equus had over the 13."

Great Car for the money

By on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pros: "Great Price, Amazing Sound System,"

Cons: "No AWD option, No Deisel engine option"

"First of all my budget to purchase a new luxury car was $70,000 or less. So when I compared what I could get for the price I looked at the Equus Ultimate, Audi A6, BMW 5 series etc. I drove the Equus first and was really impressed. I thought that I would have similar impressions from the other luxury brands but there was no comparison. The Equus won out in all areas. I figured out the issue. I wanted a car that compared to the Audi A8, Lexus LS etc. but didn't have the budget to even consider those models. To top it off I actually liked the Equus more than the Lexus LS after test driving both cars. Also, I like having a car that wasn't very common. I get looks all the time from other luxury car owners trying to figure out what my car is:) I would definitely recommend this vehicle if you are looking for value and don't care if your car has a luxury label on it."

Best car value regardless of price

By on Thursday, September 12, 2013

Pros: "Extremely comfortable and quiet. Fine details."

Cons: "Hyundai emblem on deck lid. Color choices."

"I am a retired new and used car dealer with about 40 years in the business. I bought this car for my wife. She only drives about 10,000 miles a year so we keep her cars until they are about 10 years old. Her past cars were a Mercedes 420SEL that was a great car that loved to visit the Mercedes dealership ($$). She has then had two different Infiniti Q45's. The first one a gen 2 was a really great car. The generation 3 looked great was a good car; but, had lots of road noise. In late summer of 2012 we test drove a new Equus but wanted to wait for a 2013. During the wait we found out that the 2014 was going to recieve a mid-model refresh; so, we waited. We took delivery of a black Signature 2014 on August 16th, 2013. The car in my opinion is much improved over the earlier models. The things that I didn't like on the 2012 I drove have been corrected. The interior is much nicer. Also, the dash has a much higher quality look and the feel of the swithes etc. is much better. Also, the suspension feels much better. The new turbine wheels in my opinion add a lot to the looks of the car also. The car drives wonderful.. It is the quietest car we have ever owned and when at idle you can't tell if the engine is running or not. The car drives well at any speed. The ride is excellent. The car has way to much stuff on it for my wife and I; but, that is the only way it comes. The short comings are: The Hyundai badge on the deck lid. Get rid of it.. I did. They have a proper Equus badge in their available from their parts department. $13 on E-bay. Apparanty in some countries they put this badge on at the factory.. You don't see a Lexus with a Toyota badge, or an Infiniti with a Nissan badge, or an Acura with a Honda badge. Also there are very limited choices available as to the exterior or interior colors available. The available white interior looks nice now; but, how will it look in a couple of years. The brown interior is hideous so that pretty well only leaves the black interior. (It is actually a very pretty dark grey).. We wanted a Pearl White car but because Pearl White was only available with the Ivory (white) interior or the hideous brown interior; we got a metallic black car. The fit and finish on this car is first class. You can really tell the quality of a car by looking at the door jambs and trunk areas. This is where cheap cars really look cheap. The car will take a little getting use to. The Q45 we traded in was a 2003 model but it was light years behind the sophistication of this car. The radio is fabulous. The reclining rear seats with all that legroom will blow your guest away. There is so much about this car I like that I could go on and on. The 10 year 100,000 warranty is nice. We paid an additional fee to make this warranty a zero deductible 10 year 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. A friend of mine just sold his Nissan Dealership. I told him he ought to look at getting a Hyundai Dealership. He told me that he had a friend with a Hyundai Dealership. His friend told him that the drawback to having a Hyundai Dealership was that they didn't have very much service business. The cars rarely broke. Service is what pays the overhead. My brother who lives in Florida has a wife and two children. They all drive Hyundais."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next