• 2014 Small Luxury Sport Sedans

2013 Hyundai Equus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $50,678 - $53,523.

10/7.4

Based on 23 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Great Car for the money

By on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pros: "Great Price, Amazing Sound System,"

Cons: "No AWD option, No Deisel engine option"

"First of all my budget to purchase a new luxury car was $70,000 or less. So when I compared what I could get for the price I looked at the Equus Ultimate, Audi A6, BMW 5 series etc. I drove the Equus first and was really impressed. I thought that I would have similar impressions from the other luxury brands but there was no comparison. The Equus won out in all areas. I figured out the issue. I wanted a car that compared to the Audi A8, Lexus LS etc. but didn't have the budget to even consider those models. To top it off I actually liked the Equus more than the Lexus LS after test driving both cars. Also, I like having a car that wasn't very common. I get looks all the time from other luxury car owners trying to figure out what my car is:) I would definitely recommend this vehicle if you are looking for value and don't care if your car has a luxury label on it."

Best car value regardless of price

By on Thursday, September 12, 2013

Pros: "Extremely comfortable and quiet. Fine details."

Cons: "Hyundai emblem on deck lid. Color choices."

"I am a retired new and used car dealer with about 40 years in the business. I bought this car for my wife. She only drives about 10,000 miles a year so we keep her cars until they are about 10 years old. Her past cars were a Mercedes 420SEL that was a great car that loved to visit the Mercedes dealership ($$). She has then had two different Infiniti Q45's. The first one a gen 2 was a really great car. The generation 3 looked great was a good car; but, had lots of road noise. In late summer of 2012 we test drove a new Equus but wanted to wait for a 2013. During the wait we found out that the 2014 was going to recieve a mid-model refresh; so, we waited. We took delivery of a black Signature 2014 on August 16th, 2013. The car in my opinion is much improved over the earlier models. The things that I didn't like on the 2012 I drove have been corrected. The interior is much nicer. Also, the dash has a much higher quality look and the feel of the swithes etc. is much better. Also, the suspension feels much better. The new turbine wheels in my opinion add a lot to the looks of the car also. The car drives wonderful.. It is the quietest car we have ever owned and when at idle you can't tell if the engine is running or not. The car drives well at any speed. The ride is excellent. The car has way to much stuff on it for my wife and I; but, that is the only way it comes. The short comings are: The Hyundai badge on the deck lid. Get rid of it.. I did. They have a proper Equus badge in their available from their parts department. $13 on E-bay. Apparanty in some countries they put this badge on at the factory.. You don't see a Lexus with a Toyota badge, or an Infiniti with a Nissan badge, or an Acura with a Honda badge. Also there are very limited choices available as to the exterior or interior colors available. The available white interior looks nice now; but, how will it look in a couple of years. The brown interior is hideous so that pretty well only leaves the black interior. (It is actually a very pretty dark grey).. We wanted a Pearl White car but because Pearl White was only available with the Ivory (white) interior or the hideous brown interior; we got a metallic black car. The fit and finish on this car is first class. You can really tell the quality of a car by looking at the door jambs and trunk areas. This is where cheap cars really look cheap. The car will take a little getting use to. The Q45 we traded in was a 2003 model but it was light years behind the sophistication of this car. The radio is fabulous. The reclining rear seats with all that legroom will blow your guest away. There is so much about this car I like that I could go on and on. The 10 year 100,000 warranty is nice. We paid an additional fee to make this warranty a zero deductible 10 year 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. A friend of mine just sold his Nissan Dealership. I told him he ought to look at getting a Hyundai Dealership. He told me that he had a friend with a Hyundai Dealership. His friend told him that the drawback to having a Hyundai Dealership was that they didn't have very much service business. The cars rarely broke. Service is what pays the overhead. My brother who lives in Florida has a wife and two children. They all drive Hyundais."

Simply the nicest car I have ever owned

By on Friday, May 31, 2013

Pros: "Quality,features, value, poweful engine"

Cons: "No softclose doors, no massage in front passenger"

"I have owned Audis, BMWs and several other brands. I intended to buy an Audi A8 or BMW 7, but the Hyundai value was simply too good to pass. Yes there are some features on the other cars that I wanted but they were not worth $40K more. The car is very comfortable and wonderful to drive. It has a powerful engine and drives so smoothly. Over the past three years, I have become a huge fan of Hyundai but would never have considered a luxury car. I have bought two Sonats's for my children and they are exceptional. That experience led to me considering the Equus. It is the best buying decision I have ever made on a car."

Shockingly great car - best i've ever owned

By on Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pros: "Fast, Fun, Comfortable, amazing price"

Cons: "MPG, No paddle shifters, very big"

"Absolutely amazed by my Hyundai. The comfort and quality of the interior rivals the best of the european super luxuries - we have a mercedes as well, and the inside of my equus is quite a bit nicer. Performance is outstanding. Fastest car i've ever owned. It handles so well I often don't realize how fast im going. I've caught my self going over 100 by mistake a number of times - just by passing on the freeway! while 0-60 is in 5s, it's the 70-100 number thats surprising. I'm not kidding, in the time it takes to pass a car on the freeway, I've caught the car lowering (yes, it lowers at 100mph). I've owned it for a year, and the concierge service has been fantastic. it's been in twice fro oil changes - both times it was picked up at my office, and returned detailed. Dynamics "only" got a 9 out of 10 for a few nit picks. There is a bit of a lag in the initial kick when accelerating. I've learned to adjust, and the manual mode on the 8-speed trasmission helps. No paddle shifters! Wah. I know, its a GT not a sports coupe, but everyone else has them! :-) I'd love to see more control of the suspension programs - and the ability to adjust would be great. Still love the car, one of my favorite of all time."

Love this car!

By on Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Pros: "Luxury car, more affordably priced"

"My Equus is a great ride, super powerful, and handles well for its weight and size. It has all the luxury of BMW or Lexus for a price that's considerably less. Eye catching exterior, and the interior is well appointed, spacious, and extremely comfortable. I can't think of anything it lacks that I might need. Only minor issue is with the trunk occasionally stopping midway up. Driving this car makes me feel good, and when I get to where I'm going, I can't wait to go again."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25