2013 Hyundai Equus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $50,678 - $53,523.

10/7.4

Based on 23 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Best deal on a luxury car - bar none

By on Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pros: "Drive, seating, luxury features"

Cons: "No active passenger seat, AWD"

"Debated on BMW 7 series and Audi A8. I through out the Lexus almost immediately - did not like the seating. The BMW and Audi have some fantastic features not found on the Equus but they were nearly 50% more. The Equus is incredibly comfortable, loaded with features, extremely powerful engine, and more."

More bang for the buck

By on Sunday, September 16, 2012

Pros: "The list is too long to fit in the space provided"

"I traded a 2011 BMW 535i for the Ultimate.I was in the dealership to help a daughter trade for a Sonata and walked out with both the Sonata and the EQUUS.The salesman let me take a test drive while waiting on the paperwork to be completed on my daughter's new Sonata. It made the BMW, which I thought was a great car,seem very over priced. I have had the EQUUS now for a month and have no regrets.It is smooth, quiet and powerful. One could not ask for more in a luxury car. It has features only to be found in cars in the $75,000 and up price range."

Beware of Equus customer service

By on Monday, August 20, 2012

"Just got my Equus 8/17/12. Traffic part of navigation was not working out the door. Called Sirius customer service, who told me they could not fix it, and that in 7-10 business days, someone would call me to address the issue! Next, I called the Equus service line. Was told by the first agent, Kristin, this was not Hyundai's problem, nothing they could do! I spoke to supervisor Mike, who told me basically the same thing. Three days later, I called Hyundai again, supervisor Maryanne said the same thing-not Hyundai's problem. Actually Maryanne spent more time making excuses for Sirius than anything. She told me I should wait to hear back from Sirius. When I pressed her on whether she thought Sirius' response to me of 7-10 business days to get a call back was reasonable, she told me she could not say, as she was not an expert in that product! I expect Hyundai to stand behind their product, especially the Equus. Instead, every person I spoke with at Hyundai has immediately passed the buck to Sirius and refused to help. I would expect them to replace the unit or lean heavily on Sirius to fix this timely. No such luck and no one at Hyundai seems to care."

Good value for the price

By on Saturday, July 28, 2012

"I came in for an oil change and left with a 2011 Equus. Took me a week to check out reviews and cost of normal stuff after the sale and to find out the value of it and my old Hyundai Santa Fe Limited with 105,000 miles and working as though it only had 5,ooo miles on it. I had looked at the Genesis before and could not come to spending that much money. Then i rode the Equus and was impressed. Good communication from the service department of service costs and good information from the sales person. Love this car and hope to keep it for 200,000 miles or more. Plan to use it to travel on road trips four times a year. Love the no noise as I travel and all the extras that come standard with it. I love the shades in the rear and the cool seats up front. It is well worth the extra money. If this car lasts like my Santa Fe I will have a good bargin for the dollars that i spent. The dealership helped to sell me on this car and the service that they provide. My only draw back is the black interior and the low gas milage and the different set of tires for the front and back. i did average over 27 miles on my trip to the lake driving the speed limit or a little below it."

Great car !

By on Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, very quiet, joy to drive"

Cons: "no all-wheel drive"

"Just bought it a month ago and I already have 2000 miles on it. Very smooth and comfortable ride. I was apprehensive with a rear-wheel in Chicago winter (not much of a winter this year) but with snow tires on it, have had no issues driving in the one snowstorm that we had."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25