2008 Hyundai Entourage

Based on 135 Ratings for the 2007 - 2008 models.

Great workhorse for a family

By on Thursday, July 23, 2009

"First off, I do and always did consider the words "minivan stigma" (so frequently used by auto journalists) utterly stupid. Driving a minivan shows others that you have family and kids - something any man must be proud about. On the subject, we have our Entourage Limited fully loaded since September '07 and we're really glad to have it. We traveled from Chicago to Florida 3 times and use it for running local chores a lot. It has about 34000 miles on it by now. The only problem by now was a passenger side power sliding door that sometimes did not close and when it did, a loud click could be heard. The dealer fixed it under warranty (we had to wait for the ordered parts to arrive for 3 weeks though). Another fix that was necessary was the seatbelt for the seat behind the driver, it had trouble retracting. The paint color is nice (cranberry red), but it is chipped easily, under close examination one can see that the whole "car face" (especially the front bumper) is peppered by stone chip damage from the highway. This is the reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 for quality. Fuel economy isn't glorious but this can be expected, the 3.8 V6 is burdened by a very heavy vehicle to pull around. Also, the resale value is horrible, but we bought it to keep for a long time, so by the moment we sell it, any of its competitors will cost about the same anyway... Everything else about the van is great: - comfort, especially important for long-distance travels we use it for - lots of amenities, including great sound system, DVD for kids, heated leather memory seats, sunroof, etc, etc. - ride and handling are good for a minivan, handles surprisingly well in the snow - safety is top notch, VERY important - plenty roomy, holds loads of stuff - looks great inside and outside, great interior ergonomics, many people compared the interior with that of a Lexus (well, at least if to compare with circa 2000 Lexus models, newer ones are probably more opulent). - another Lexus-like feature is an electroluminiscent gauge cluster standard for the '07 Limited, too bad they stopped installing it for '08. - engine power is more than adequate. - peace of mind warranty I see that there's no 2009 model, so I assume Hyundai is going to discontinue the Entourage, what a shame. Get yours now, while you still can. Considering huge discounts they offer these days, you can get yourself a great van for 10+ thousand less than comparable competition."

Longest I have every owned a vehicle

By on Thursday, November 13, 2014

Pros: "dependability, great pick up and go, roomy"

Cons: "none for our family"

"I have owned my van since Labor Day weekend 2006 - it has been great for our family and friends for cross country vacations, weekend excursions, day to day work and bringing people to camps and retreats! We keep up with our regular maintenance and it takes us where we need to go."

Greatest auto I have ever owned. Service is great

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2013

"You made a serious mistake by not offering this auto now. It is by far the greatest auto I have ever owned. I am also a very tall person, 6'7" and the auto fits me. I looked at all autos by all makers when we purchased it in 2008 and it was by far the best auto on the market. We are still getting questions from observers as it this a new auto and have never had a negative comment. I feel that you have made a mistake by not making this auto or its equilivent now. I do not know what we are going to do when it finally gives out, if ever, as we only have 39,000 miles on it now. Think about offering it again."

great

By on Wednesday, August 05, 2009

"We replaced our 2004 Santa Fe w/ this van inorder to travel w/ our grandchildren. the Santa Fe was also great and recomend but for a family it can't be beat. There is an attention to the smallest detail that adds to the overall confort of this van. The dvd is a must w/ kids and even adults on long trips w/ kids. We go to Disney and Hilton Head every year and the car handles very well at high speeds. Gas milage is not bad when you have 5to6 people and luggage at 19plus mpg. My wife comutes to work and the mpg is also not too bad at 15/16 mpg."

very nice vehicle

By on Monday, March 24, 2008

"The only complaint I can tell you is that the resale value is horrible. I bought it last year & the trade in value now is horrible for only being a year old. To depreciate by so much in just a year is not very good. But the vehicle is great...lots of room & many features. Very stylish for a minivan."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Entourage near Honolulu. See local deals