"First off, I do and always did consider the words "minivan stigma" (so frequently used by auto journalists) utterly stupid. Driving a minivan shows others that you have family and kids - something any man must be proud about.
On the subject, we have our Entourage Limited fully loaded since September '07 and we're really glad to have it. We traveled from Chicago to Florida 3 times and use it for running local chores a lot. It has about 34000 miles on it by now. The only problem by now was a passenger side power sliding door that sometimes did not close and when it did, a loud click could be heard. The dealer fixed it under warranty (we had to wait for the ordered parts to arrive for 3 weeks though). Another fix that was necessary was the seatbelt for the seat behind the driver, it had trouble retracting. The paint color is nice (cranberry red), but it is chipped easily, under close examination one can see that the whole "car face" (especially the front bumper) is peppered by stone chip damage from the highway. This is the reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 for quality. Fuel economy isn't glorious but this can be expected, the 3.8 V6 is burdened by a very heavy vehicle to pull around. Also, the resale value is horrible, but we bought it to keep for a long time, so by the moment we sell it, any of its competitors will cost about the same anyway...
Everything else about the van is great:
- comfort, especially important for long-distance travels we use it for
- lots of amenities, including great sound system, DVD for kids, heated leather memory seats, sunroof, etc, etc.
- ride and handling are good for a minivan, handles surprisingly well in the snow
- safety is top notch, VERY important
- plenty roomy, holds loads of stuff
- looks great inside and outside, great interior ergonomics, many people compared the interior with that of a Lexus (well, at least if to compare with circa 2000 Lexus models, newer ones are probably more opulent).
- another Lexus-like feature is an electroluminiscent gauge cluster standard for the '07 Limited, too bad they stopped installing it for '08.
- engine power is more than adequate.
- peace of mind warranty
I see that there's no 2009 model, so I assume Hyundai is going to discontinue the Entourage, what a shame. Get yours now, while you still can. Considering huge discounts they offer these days, you can get yourself a great van for 10+ thousand less than comparable competition."
out of 9 found this review helpful
Was this review helpful to you?