2014 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,543 - $17,180.

10/6.9

8.1

Based on 345 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

7.6/10

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

"Love this car...Very reliable, easy to drive, etc. Definitely is owner friendly-makes sense and is well designed. MUCH better than Chevy Cruise, drove one as a rental for 2 weeks and couldn't wait to get back to my Elantra. The only things I don't like about the car is that the pick up isn't great (only 4 cylinders, so pick up isn't going to be great) and I didn't like the tan interior that was the only choice-it shows even minor stains prominently. It's nothing an interior car cleaner can't fix, but grey interiors would be my preference. All in all its a great car- I drove cross country in it and it was great on gas, etc. Would definitely recommend over its competition !!"

Awesome value, great features, great fuel economy.

By on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pros: "Features usually found on much more expensive cars"

Cons: "As expected, fuel economy trumps performance"

"This car is far superior to others in it's class and has more high end features than any other in it's price range."

Nice car with good gas mileage!

By on Saturday, January 11, 2014

Pros: "Made in America, great price, good gas mileage!"

Cons: "A little noisy at with all the bad roads."

"I can almost get 27 MPG in town~it depends on how you drive! I can also get over 40 MPG on the highway and even more at times! I am pleased with the way the car handles and every car has blind spots, so you just have to find them and learn to deal with them. That's why we have side mirrors, rear view mirrors and necks to turn around to see! Overall great car for a small family or a couple who wants to downsize. Comfortable and has a great AC, which I really needed in the central valley of CA!!! :)"

Minor Interior Comfort/Convenience Issues

By on Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pros: "Classy Looking, Great Gas Mileage"

Cons: "A-pillar blind spot and head rest comfort."

"I love this car, it is classy looking and gets great gas mileage, even for short trips and stop and go driving. Minor complaint is the A-pillar causes a blind spot at times when making a turn and the head rest is not designed for a short driver (under 5'3"), it hits too high up on the head, they need an optional head rest to switch out."

2013 Hyundai Elantra Coupe GS w/ Manual Trans

By on Saturday, July 06, 2013

Pros: "Smooth Manual Transmission, Very roomy for a coupe"

Cons: "No spare tire, Bluetooth isn't great, Audio System"

"Price paid: $16,300. I had a hard time finding reviews for Manual Elantra Coupes so I decided to write my own to help potential buyers. I recently purchased this vehicle and so far I absolutely love it. I did a ton of research before test driving and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised when I finally got around to driving one. Upside: The car looks better in person than it does in pictures, and the manual transmission is the smoothest I have ever driven. Every review I saw mentioned how the car has lackluster horsepower but I feel it is more than capable of performing the way I want it to. I drive in the city the large majority of the time and I am averaging 28.5 mpg with an average speed of 18 mph, which is right on par with the advertised estimates. The user controls are very easy to use and everything is exactly where I want it to be. Drawbacks: One of the reasons I bought the coupe is that I wanted a manual transmission with the Bluetooth capabilities, and this package is only available with the coupe. With my experience so far, the Bluetooth seems to be cutting in and out whenever I use it. I hear them just fine but they have trouble hearing me. I plan to take it back to the dealer to see if this is something that can be fixed. Also, the audio system is average. It comes setup with way too much treble and needs a fair amount of adjusting to get it to sound good. I didn't buy the car for the audio system though so overall I am content. Lastly, this car does not come with a spare tire, only a tire repair kit. I will be purchasing a spare tire shortly. Overall: I would recommend this car if you want economic coupe with plenty of room for passengers. Everyone who has rode in it has been pleased with the level of room and comfort in the backseat, and I have an easy time getting comfortable when driving."