2014 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,302 - $21,063.

10/6.9

8.1

Based on 350 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Worst suspension in any car

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

"Drive it on pool-table smooth roads or drive something else"

2013 Hyundai Elantra Coupe GS w/ Manual Trans

By on Saturday, July 06, 2013

Pros: "Smooth Manual Transmission, Very roomy for a coupe"

Cons: "No spare tire, Bluetooth isn't great, Audio System"

"Price paid: $16,300. I had a hard time finding reviews for Manual Elantra Coupes so I decided to write my own to help potential buyers. I recently purchased this vehicle and so far I absolutely love it. I did a ton of research before test driving and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised when I finally got around to driving one. Upside: The car looks better in person than it does in pictures, and the manual transmission is the smoothest I have ever driven. Every review I saw mentioned how the car has lackluster horsepower but I feel it is more than capable of performing the way I want it to. I drive in the city the large majority of the time and I am averaging 28.5 mpg with an average speed of 18 mph, which is right on par with the advertised estimates. The user controls are very easy to use and everything is exactly where I want it to be. Drawbacks: One of the reasons I bought the coupe is that I wanted a manual transmission with the Bluetooth capabilities, and this package is only available with the coupe. With my experience so far, the Bluetooth seems to be cutting in and out whenever I use it. I hear them just fine but they have trouble hearing me. I plan to take it back to the dealer to see if this is something that can be fixed. Also, the audio system is average. It comes setup with way too much treble and needs a fair amount of adjusting to get it to sound good. I didn't buy the car for the audio system though so overall I am content. Lastly, this car does not come with a spare tire, only a tire repair kit. I will be purchasing a spare tire shortly. Overall: I would recommend this car if you want economic coupe with plenty of room for passengers. Everyone who has rode in it has been pleased with the level of room and comfort in the backseat, and I have an easy time getting comfortable when driving."

Awesome car for the money!!!

By on Monday, May 27, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, comfort, price, design, and ride."

"I bought my GLS model on May 9th, and like my car more and more each time I drive it. I drive mostly in town and some minor freeway driving and with eco mode on I am getting 29 mpg in town driving and have even gotten 32 mpg in town. I have yet to take a trip, so no comment on highway mpg. I downsized from an F-150 super crew and this car is much easier to park and drive, plus much, much better fuel economy. If you are looking for a good compact car I highly recommend this one."

GT is fun to Drive

By on Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, price, free road service"

Cons: "poorer than expected gas mileage"

"bought the GT with the 6 speed, then drove across country, got 37 mpg on freeways, 33 mpg for mixed roads. the computed mpg on the dash display is always 10% higher than calculed at the pump. My previous car was a 2006 toyota corola and got better gas mileage. I had also driven the toyota on the same trip, this GT is more comfortable and quieter. I can get a baby car seat and 4 adults, but i would not go more than a hour this way, too cramped. I had my first flat yesterday and the Hyundai road service was really good considering its free! I also had a complaint about my dealer I took to corportate who did there best to resolve the issue of being charged for the nitrogen gas in the tires!!"

Love this car, comfortable, quiet, and stylish.

By on Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pros: "Style, comfort, fuel economy"

Cons: "No spare tire, electronic steering need more feel"

"I had an Acura RSX, great on performance and handling but that was about it. The Elantra is more comfortable, quiet and stylish. I was worried about going from 165 power engine to 148 but I'm surprised about how peppy it is. Mileage in the city is better than my old car but not 30, but then again I drive a number of hills. I have taken it out on the freeway for a long trip and got over 30 easily. Mileage wise it beats my old car. No car is perfect so that's why you test drive a bunch and then decide. I'm very pleased with my car so pleased that my best buddy bought one just like mine and he is really loving his."