2014 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,280 - $21,030.

10/6.9

8.1

Based on 351 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Comfortable - Fun to drive

By on Sunday, January 27, 2013

"Bought this car primarily for work. I drive about 40-45,000 miles a year. Have a 2012 Santa Fe and love it. Got the Elantra for the gas mileage and I love the look of the car. Got the 2 door with 17" alloy wheels and moon roof but no tech package. I'm 6'1" and need to watch I don't whack my head when I get in, but once inside there is plenty of room and the seats are very comfortable especially on a long ride. Gas mileage is much better than my Santa Fe of course, but not what was advertised. I haven't reached 35 mpg yet even on the longest, flattest, straightest highways. And the miles per gallon calculator in the dash overstates what I'm getting by as much as 2-3 mpg. Have put 6000 miles on it in 3 months so I hope the mpg does improve. Brakes are a little grabby when you need to hit them hard, otherwise the ride is relatively smooth and the steering responsive. Trunk is also very roomy for this size car. My golf clubs fit easily. Love the bluetooth feature but it is hard to hear the person on the other end. This feature in my Santa Fe is excellent. Much clearer and louder. All in all for $20,000 I think it's a terrific vehicle."

Love my Elantra

By on Friday, December 21, 2012

Pros: "Features, price, stylish, fuel economy."

"Previous corolla owner. This car was like a discovery to me, so roomy, comfortable, a lot of standard features for the money, beautiful out and inside. Receive compliments all the time. I drive about 70 miles daily averaging 37 mpg. On highways, I have seen up to 43 mpg."

Gas Mileage NO good - Everything else OK

By on Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pros: "STYLE!, Features, Safety, & Comfort"

Cons: "GAS!, Quality, Sliding/Tires"

"I just bought a 2013-Limited. (No nav. or back-up camera, but every seat is leather and HEATED... much wow!) The great things about this car are: its style, comfort, SAFETY (that's a huge one for me), overall price, and features. No complaints with those topics. However, I've noticed that the gas mileage is much lower than Hyundai promised. I mainly drive the city streets of Chicago, but I definitely don't come close to 28MPG as the low. More like 21-24MPG average on the low end, in reality, when driving in the city. And about 29MPG average on the high end on the highway. Another hiccup with this car is that I too find myself fish-tailing slightly with barely any reason... a lot! I may have only had this car for 2 weeks, but I seem to only feel the bad things when driving, like fish-tailing, sliding, my ABS going off a lot, etc. (I don't hear the road loud like a lot of others are saying about this car. And the ride is extremely smooth, to me.) Over all, I'm happy with a lot of the features, the style, and safety of this car, but I'm concerned for what the future holds for me. I just don't want to go through engine problems (constantly) like I did with my last car. BTW - If you get snow/ice in the rims of this car, GET IT OUT IMMEDIATELY! Like, before you drive! Or you'll have to bring your car in to get the tires realigned and rebalanced like I did after only owning the car for a few days! (This car has a new style of rims in the market... I know all the details, and don't want to bore anyone, just trust me.)"

Nice car with good gas mileage!

By on Saturday, January 11, 2014

Pros: "Made in America, great price, good gas mileage!"

Cons: "A little noisy at with all the bad roads."

"I can almost get 27 MPG in town~it depends on how you drive! I can also get over 40 MPG on the highway and even more at times! I am pleased with the way the car handles and every car has blind spots, so you just have to find them and learn to deal with them. That's why we have side mirrors, rear view mirrors and necks to turn around to see! Overall great car for a small family or a couple who wants to downsize. Comfortable and has a great AC, which I really needed in the central valley of CA!!! :)"

Worst suspension in any car

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

"Drive it on pool-table smooth roads or drive something else"

2013 Hyundai Elantra Coupe GS w/ Manual Trans

By on Saturday, July 06, 2013

Pros: "Smooth Manual Transmission, Very roomy for a coupe"

Cons: "No spare tire, Bluetooth isn't great, Audio System"

"Price paid: $16,300. I had a hard time finding reviews for Manual Elantra Coupes so I decided to write my own to help potential buyers. I recently purchased this vehicle and so far I absolutely love it. I did a ton of research before test driving and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised when I finally got around to driving one. Upside: The car looks better in person than it does in pictures, and the manual transmission is the smoothest I have ever driven. Every review I saw mentioned how the car has lackluster horsepower but I feel it is more than capable of performing the way I want it to. I drive in the city the large majority of the time and I am averaging 28.5 mpg with an average speed of 18 mph, which is right on par with the advertised estimates. The user controls are very easy to use and everything is exactly where I want it to be. Drawbacks: One of the reasons I bought the coupe is that I wanted a manual transmission with the Bluetooth capabilities, and this package is only available with the coupe. With my experience so far, the Bluetooth seems to be cutting in and out whenever I use it. I hear them just fine but they have trouble hearing me. I plan to take it back to the dealer to see if this is something that can be fixed. Also, the audio system is average. It comes setup with way too much treble and needs a fair amount of adjusting to get it to sound good. I didn't buy the car for the audio system though so overall I am content. Lastly, this car does not come with a spare tire, only a tire repair kit. I will be purchasing a spare tire shortly. Overall: I would recommend this car if you want economic coupe with plenty of room for passengers. Everyone who has rode in it has been pleased with the level of room and comfort in the backseat, and I have an easy time getting comfortable when driving."

Awesome car for the money!!!

By on Monday, May 27, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, comfort, price, design, and ride."

"I bought my GLS model on May 9th, and like my car more and more each time I drive it. I drive mostly in town and some minor freeway driving and with eco mode on I am getting 29 mpg in town driving and have even gotten 32 mpg in town. I have yet to take a trip, so no comment on highway mpg. I downsized from an F-150 super crew and this car is much easier to park and drive, plus much, much better fuel economy. If you are looking for a good compact car I highly recommend this one."

GT is fun to Drive

By on Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, price, free road service"

Cons: "poorer than expected gas mileage"

"bought the GT with the 6 speed, then drove across country, got 37 mpg on freeways, 33 mpg for mixed roads. the computed mpg on the dash display is always 10% higher than calculed at the pump. My previous car was a 2006 toyota corola and got better gas mileage. I had also driven the toyota on the same trip, this GT is more comfortable and quieter. I can get a baby car seat and 4 adults, but i would not go more than a hour this way, too cramped. I had my first flat yesterday and the Hyundai road service was really good considering its free! I also had a complaint about my dealer I took to corportate who did there best to resolve the issue of being charged for the nitrogen gas in the tires!!"

Love this car, comfortable, quiet, and stylish.

By on Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pros: "Style, comfort, fuel economy"

Cons: "No spare tire, electronic steering need more feel"

"I had an Acura RSX, great on performance and handling but that was about it. The Elantra is more comfortable, quiet and stylish. I was worried about going from 165 power engine to 148 but I'm surprised about how peppy it is. Mileage in the city is better than my old car but not 30, but then again I drive a number of hills. I have taken it out on the freeway for a long trip and got over 30 easily. Mileage wise it beats my old car. No car is perfect so that's why you test drive a bunch and then decide. I'm very pleased with my car so pleased that my best buddy bought one just like mine and he is really loving his."

best value for car/options/warranty/styling

By on Saturday, August 25, 2012

Pros: "awesome price, great car."

Cons: "ipod storage bin is too shallow"

"My 1st new car. I selected my 2013 Elantra Limited (w/navi) simply because the amount of car you get (w/warranty) for the price. So far my overall mileage driving to/from work is 28-29 mpg (w/eco on) and cruising just below 70 mph. Round trip is just over 50 miles and 50/50 city/highway mix. The 360 watt stereo is not bad. The storage bin where the ipod connector goes needs to be deeper. Overall I really love this car!"

Cost effective and reliable...so far

By on Thursday, August 02, 2012

Pros: "fuel econ and fun options"

Cons: "road noise and some minor interior complaints"

"I should start by saying that this is actually a 2013 and only has 3,000 miles on it. The car has been exactly what it was made out to be. It is Economical, conveniently roomy, and has plenty of features available. I have consistently gotten over 40 mpg on multiple road trips. On one 250mi stretch I almost averaged 45 mpg. Around town I average 30-31 mpg. The interior has had some clips come loose, but the dealer has been more than happy to take care of everything. I do wish that the car would have come with a spare. The road noise is definitely there, but it was there during the test drive too so I don't think anyone should complain about it. The car provides an obscene amount of space for such a small vehicle. The truck is suprisingly large. It is more fun to drive than you might think and gets the job done while looking ok. Overall I would say that it serves its purpose well. Just don't get confused by the beamer esque antennae and think that you are buying a luxury vehicle for under 20k."

Love It!

By on Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pros: "Amazing MPG!!! Very comfortable! Safe! Beautiful!!"

Cons: "Stereo is far away, but controls on steering wheel"

"I am 23 years old and just purchased this car! I love it!! I went from a 2008 Chevy Aveo 4 door, needless to say its like going from a golf cart to a beamer! I love it... It rides very smooth, the cabin is very quiet despite some reviews that say other wise, and has awesome accessories. I have leather seats, sunroof, a CD PLAYER! My aveo never had one and now that I do of course cds are phasing out lol.... Over all I am super excited about this car and it turns alot of heads... I commute 2 hours to work everyday so this car is amazing on gas (I am averaging 39.8 mpg but have made it up to 45.7mpg) and makes me actually look forward to driving! I say Buy this car!! My three main reasons why: 1. Gas Mileage! It really does get 40 Mpg! 2. Its very stylish inside and out 3. Very easy to drive, makes me feel better just sitting in it Good Luck!"

very good car

By on Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pros: "no problems at all good gas mpg.runs great"

Cons: "road noise."

"had the car for 7 months and ITS a great car.28mpg city 38 to 40mpg highway if I stay 65 or below75-80 35mpg.800 mile trip avg.32.no problems at all.bought a regular tire for a spare.Owned a 1996 elantra and it was great. also a 2008 suv-santa fe they are all great autos."

Solid Purchase

By on Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pros: "Great Price, Sporty Interori/Exterior"

Cons: "na"

"I purchased a Hyunda Elantra Limited Edition and have been driving it for 9 months already. I have had no problems at all. For an compact economical car that costs $22K it was quite a deal. The exterior design gives it an edgy look that Honda can't compare too. The interior provides a luxury feel for cars in its class. Overall, its a great deal for a great reliable car without having to break the bank."

Great vehicle

By on Saturday, March 14, 2015

"I've owned this car 3 1/2 yrs. 120,000 miles without any problems. I'm looking at a new one now. Great value amd warranty."

Reasonable

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "great color, good value and quality"

Cons: "sound system"

"I've been a faith, happy owner of several Honda civics for many years. Recently, rented two 2013 Elantra cars through Enterprise. Surprised by the interior. Seemed well made, nice layout, all powered functions, and easy to use. The Elantra drives well, easy to steer around corners, good acceleration and handling. The only thing I have not liked is the sound system of the radio. When the rear windows are open, the sound is not audible and vibrates. Overall, car handles well and nice burnt orange colors, and drives well. I did not rent long enough to verify reliability though."

Not as advertised

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "quieter room cabin"

Cons: "gas mileage, acceleration, bad value"

"About 3 years ago, this model and year was advertised at 29 mpg city / 40 mpg highway. There was only one trip where the car actually obtained 42 mpg on the highway. A year or two later, Hyundai had to correct the actual mileage a driver gets to 27 city/ 38 highway. Even before this notice, the car wasn't as advertised. Many other drivers I would hear would run into similar ordeals with the mileage. After close to 38,000 on the car, the average is closer to 19 mpg city / 28 mpg highway. A dealership told me they have seen numerous models of this year and 28 mpg highway is the normal now. Also the bluetooth system won't sync with a phone anymore. Even though Hyundai has a fuel card to compensate for the lost mileage, it still isn't good enough. At the time I bought it, I did extensive research and even saw rave reviews from all the research sites that people are aware of. All in all, it's a great disappointment to owners and consumer research reviewers."

Not a bad car.

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "Sporty, good mileage"

Cons: "No spare tire!!!"

"It's really not a car for a 75 year old and its a good thing that I am rather agile for being 75 years of age. It's so low to the ground that getting in and out is almost a challenge. Lots of pep and has good looks; drives fine but the steering is a bit touchy for me. Rather noisy on certain blacktop roads here in East Texas. Good mileage; and once drafting a flatbed semi I got 45.6 MPG for a 60 mile stretch of highway. The front seat comfort is just soso. It is so low to the ground that either the front or rear scrapes quite a bit entering and leaving parking lots."

I absolutely LOVE this car!

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

"I bought this car, and it is my very first "foreign" badged car. I have been a "Chevy Man" for a long long time, yet when I needed to trade in my 2005 Chevy Malibu Classic, I decided to give this car a try. And oh boy was I impressed! What a car! Let me say that again: WHAT A CAR! Fun to drive. Comfortable. And great looks! Interior design is fantastic, though there are a few "cheap" plastic areas, but all cars of this price range have that. Those areas don't deter from the over-all quality of the car at all. I test drove the Chevy Cruze, Ford Focus, and Dodge Dart. The Cruze was a bit more comfortable, but not by much and not enough to sway me. The Focus and Dart were both rather smallish feeling in comparison. I also test drove the Chevy Malibu, Ford Fusion, and Chrysler 200, and though all were out of my price range, they didn't feel THAT much better than the Elantra considering the price difference. All-in-all, I must say, Hyundai has themselves a very good car here, and if you are looking for something that sips gas, drives great, looks fantastic and is very comfortable along with the feeling of solid safety, the Hyundai Elantra is a great choice!"

I actually Love my elantra!

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "rearview camera, navi, xm, seat warmer,price"

Cons: "expensive parts,"

"I leased the fully loaded limited 2011 elantra for 3 years. I have loved driving it for 3 years that i feel like I just got the car yesterday and dread having to find a new car to drive. The fully loaded tech pckge is the way to go with rear-view camera etc. I did not pay attention to my mpg, but drove in eco drive the entire time- it wasn't cheap but it wasn't ridiculous either. I don't have weather conditions living in southern california so not much wear & tear. Brake little early when going down steep hills. All of the amenities always worked, pick up speed for merging was impressively great- it felt like a sports car. Many people complimented my car while they sat inside & forgot they were in a hyundai. I did have to replace my tires around 28,000 miles which was annoying on a lease. Also, having to pay for my routine service appts was annoying policy by dealership. But over all I loved the car, So much that I was considering getting another at the end of my lease, however becuase of my confidence in the elantra im going to try the hyundai tucson- wish me luck, i hope it treats me as well as my elantra. I do have to say that elantra parts were not super cheap as I had assumed they would be in case you have to repair/replace any part of the vehicle. I suppose what you save in monthly payments you make up for in replacing parts something to think about if you purchase the car. I would not purchase this car simply because after 3 years Hyundai is still asking for too much (14K), if it were cheaper i would consider purchasing it."

Great Bang for my Bucks

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive and looks great!"

Cons: "Better arm rest."

"This car handles great and is fun to drive. It's quick from the start and still gets great gas mileage. It's also a great looking car!"

Amazing mid-sized interior for a compact price!!!

By on Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Pros: "Great MPG, stylish, handling, features"

Cons: "Daytime running lights only on with parking lights"

"I am shocked at how roomy this car is and even more amazed at how well it rides and handles. While all small cars typically have road noise, the Elantra has far less than my old Corolla and the ride feels much more secure. The list of options on even the GLS model are extensive and impressive. This is my first even Hyundai and so far, I am completely blown away by the overall quality and efficiency of this car."

Beautiful Luxury for the Price.

By on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pros: "Price, Looks, Quality, Comfortable Seats."

Cons: "No spare"

"I traded a Honda Civic for this car. I was surprised how much more comfortable the seats are. Also I have to seat higher cause of age (hard time getting up and out of small cars) but this car allows you to adjust seats higher and not be so close to the dash and petals like most small cars. Quieter than Civic. Getting 29 MPG about 70% city and 30% highway, about 2 miles less per gal than Civic, not bad considering slightly bigger, roomier, quieter, better pick-up and nicer overall. Feels Good, Love the Looks! Disappointed with no spare. Wish it had digial MPH reading but the dash is designed and accented beautifully. A car you can be proud of. I'm 52 and never bought a new car cause I always thought it to be a waste, but with this one I don't feel I made a wrong move. Wise choice."

Love my Elantra.

By on Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pros: "Great little car."

Cons: "No cons that I can think of."

"I have owned 3 Hyundai's in the past 10 years and my 2012 Elantra is my favorite. I just returned from a road trip and when I arrived home, the avg fuel economy on the dash read 42.7 MPG. My combined hwy/road mileage is 30MPG. I don't know how other Elantra owners are driving their cars but I have found it easy to get great mileage. The car handles well and the ride is smooth."

Great car for the money

By on Thursday, October 18, 2012

"The Elantra drives and handles about average ... but you can not beat all the features you get for the money. I test drove a Mazda3 ... which drove and handled a little better than the Elantra ... but had far fewer features. I don't understand the complaints about the gas mileage. I have been averaging 37 mpg."