2014 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,177 - $18,630.

10/6.9

7.9

Based on 285 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

7.6/10

Great value, exceeds mpg ratings, but noisy inside

By on Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Pros: "Delivers as advertised. Competent and reliable."

Cons: "Road noise, ride - noticeable, not terrrible."

"Only issues have been with the low profile tires provided on the Limited model. I've had to replace two of the Hanook originals and repaired a third. Replacement Michelins have had no issues. No other quality or warranty issues or repairs. A bit noisy and bouncy, but I'm ok with that considering the MPG and reliability. Overall average mpg has been 32-33 for the 45k miles driven. For the money, it is a great car."

value needs great improvement!

By on Sunday, August 31, 2014

"I am in shock. I wanted to move over to a SUV only to find I am several thousand dollars in the whole with this. I knew it would depreciate a little but not like this. Great on gas mileage but I have found it to not be dependable in the winter and very undependable to hold a stable value. I have done my homework and will probably not go this route in the future. Hard lesson to learn and I have a few years that I am going to have to eat this . . .disturbing to say the least."

Nice little car but promised MPG falls way short

By on Sunday, August 31, 2014

Pros: "great looks"

Cons: "MPG nowhere near what is advertised."

"Purchased this vehicle solely for the advertised MPG of 40/33. Not even close in real life driving, more like 30/22. I am a hypermiler that coaxed 35/23 mpg out of my 2003 Camry, which was rated at 33/22 by Toyota. Using the same driving techniques with this Elantra- my MPG falls well short of the 40/33 that Hyundai advertised. I am extremely frustrated by this and will never buy another Hyundai vehicle."

Perfect car for a 6' 5" man

By on Friday, August 29, 2014

Pros: "MPG, Looks Nice, Well Made, Fun to Drive!"

Cons: "None really! It's a great car for the value!"

"This is a great car! I have 7500 miles on the car and have driven it for six months. The longest trip was a 300 miles and I averaged 40.3 mpg. I usually average about 34 mpg for standard daily driving. I have taken shorter 2 hour trips and have averaged about 37-38 mpg. I am very happy with the gas mileage. Next, I am going to cover the interior of the car. I am 6’ 5” and will never be sitting in the back seat, but it is not bad for a smaller person. There is some leg room in the back but just not much for head room. Other than that, most everything on the inside is positive. The seats are comfortable and there is a lot of leg room and head room. I can even move my elbows to the side and not come close to hitting a passenger. I like the look of the inside and also the many different places a person can store items. There is not a lot of cabin noise for the 2014. The company took steps to address that and they did a great job. I was a little concerned about engine performance, but they also fixed that issue. It is still a four cylinder car, but most of the time it has enough pick up and go for what I need on a daily basis. The only negative seems to be moving from 50 mph to 65 mph in the left lane. It seems to struggle just during those speeds. After six months, I can still say that I am very pleased with this car and would highly recommend it. I save about $120 a month in gas compared to my F150 pickup. Gas money savings pays about half my car payment a month."

LOVE LOVE

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

"I LOVE THIS CAR! I traded off my 2010 Hyundai Accent GLS that has 35,134 miles on it for this sporty looking car and I don't regret it one bit! I have more room and better features and this car has more power and lots of room! I would suggeest anyone to buy this car!!! AWESOME GAS MILEAGE too!"