2014 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,014 - $18,519.

10/6.9

8.0

Based on 318 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

7.6/10

Meh

By on Friday, February 20, 2015

I don't own this car

Pros: "roomy and modern interior, sleek exterior"

Cons: "accelerator kicks back, to low to the ground"

"I am driving a 2015 Elantra as a rental car for now, the actual car i own that's in the shop is a 2008 Mazda 3, my mom actually owns a 2014 Elantra and loves it, but my first impressions of driving the 2015 Elantra was just blah, i am not a huge fan of how low the driver seat sits which is not a huge deal but the one thing that does worry me is how the Elantra kicks back when you are accelerating, for example trying to merge onto the highway. the interior is pretty roomy which is a plus and its modern looking as well. the price for a new 2015 in Canada just seems to be a little over priced for what you get with an Elantra. it's definitely a personal preference for everyone as any car is. overall i'd rather drive my 2008 Mazda over this 2015 Elantra any day !"

Its a good vehicle overall.

By on Saturday, February 07, 2015

"Road noise really bad & fuel milage not near as good as advertised, Still a Good value for all the equipment on it."

Very solid, reliable compact sedan; excelent value

By on Saturday, January 31, 2015

Pros: "good sporty compact sedan for the money"

Cons: "awkward to get into for physically limited people"

"Good reliable car, sporty in as much as the price allows."

Great car for money

By on Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Pros: "good price, great looks, and comfortable"

Cons: "no light in truck and horrible in snow"

"We love this car.. the comfort, ride, reliability etc all very good but it is not a good car in the snow... it's very scary driving when the roads are slick...This is the only reason we're trading it in...I'm not planning on moving down south and I need a car that I'm not scared to drive in the winter..."

Best car I have ever own

By on Tuesday, January 20, 2015

"This car is very agile driving and quick exhilaration. 38.2 mpg on the hwy easy to park in small parking spots"

very good car

By on Saturday, January 10, 2015

Pros: "styling, fuel economy, cargo space"

Cons: "road noise, handling"

"This car is a great option if you are looking for an inexpensive compact car. I am very pleased with the styling of the Elantra, the exterior looks more like a luxury car than an $18,000 compact car. I also like the trunk space, interior, fuel economy, and the audio system. The problem points are road noise, middle seat in the back has no cushion whatsoever, it handles very poorly in bad weather, the front hood doesn't close unless you put so much force you have a fear of damaging the car, very cheap plastics inside even for a compact car, and some blind spots. Other than that the Elantra is a great choice"

My zippy friend 3 months review

By on Friday, January 09, 2015

Pros: "Great daily driver, lots of bang for the buck."

Cons: "A pillars hinder visibility, uphill acceleration."

"I'm not going into detail about the standard features on the GT, you probably know all that by now. I've now owned my 2014 GT for 3 months. The car handles like a dream and decent acceleration can be achieved if you try starting out in 2nd gear in manual mode. Somehow the gearing seams to favor economy over sportiness. Once it gets going though, the car speeds up quite nicely. I like the predictability when going through the twisties. This car is not a VW GTI, Civic Si or Mazda 3i. It is a very capable compact hatchback that seems to do most things very well. What I don't like is when going up hill it seems like the car keeps on searching for the correct gear to be in. Something else that bugs me is the A-pillars. They seem to be placed so it hinders front corner visibility. Fuel economy is avg. 27 overall. The AC blows cold really quickly. The heated seats is something I didn't think I would like, but on a chilly morning it's great to have until the heater warms up. On the interior features, everything is within easy reach. It would have been nice to have a covered area at the bottom of the center stack and a locking glove-box. It also would have been nice to see some optional items that are available in packages only available on an individual basis. There was no problem seating 4 adults and luggage for a weekend road trip. Everyone at the dealership has given excellent service."

Perfect Fit

By on Monday, December 29, 2014

Pros: "Gas Mileage, Reliability, Style, Design, Comfort"

"I love everything about this car. I was deciding between this and a corolla and I chose an Elantra and have never looked back. It is a great car with great gas mileage, comfort, and reliability. I even comfortably took it on a road trip with a few other people."

Good car.Was a problems at a beginning.Now good.

By on Saturday, December 27, 2014

Pros: "its good price for this car"

"Acceleration power was delay. I'm reseated by myself ,dialer doesn't now .Second problem was a oil leak .Leak was from oil plug .Plug was loose .One more antifreeze level go down from the beginning and now stopped ,probably was a air in a system."

Great car. Completely rattle and squeak free!

By on Thursday, December 18, 2014

Pros: "is fun to drive, performance peppy, mileage great!"

Cons: "somewhat rough ride on less than smooth pavement"

"Like the car and its features a lot, esp. the heated seats and bluetooth. Only derogatory comment is bit of a rough ride on anything but smooth pavement. On smooth pavement the ride is just that-very smooth. Car is also very quiet!"

My second Hyundai and not last

By on Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Pros: "Price , MPG , Workmanship , Great looks."

Cons: "None to date"

"Having owned a 2012 Accent( which I loved ) got a great black Friday deal on an Elantra. Got around 40 MPG on my Accent and never any problems Hyundai really impressed us and wasn't sure if I wanted to trade up , but the Elantra is even better. On two road trips I averaged 44MPG at 65-70MPH . So far around town looks like about 35 . It is a very quite car with great ride and looks . Power is good but not a race car . I am very pleased and have never bought two cars of same make in row before . I'm really impressed with Hyundai and I don't impress easily. Can only think a couple of reviewers before me must work for Toyota."

Great Car! Hyundai quit making it too soon!

By on Monday, December 08, 2014

Reason: Financial

Pros: "Great handling, awesome body style, cool dash"

Cons: "Gas mileage, weak stereo, expensive warranty"

"I owned a brand new 2013 Hyundai Elantra Coupe but had to sell it due to financial issues. Drove it for almost 2 years and I absolutely LOVED this car! It handled so nicely, the car was well equipped and comfortable, paint was beautiful, and the trunk was crazy roomy with a large opening to fit big boxes and furniture into! My only complaints: gas mileage I got was way low to what was indicated on the sticker price and by the dealer. It was supposed to get up to 37 highway. I worked 52 highway miles from home and I never got better than 29mpg. Very disappointing. Also, the stereo was on the cheap side, volume wouldn't go up beyond what I call a "loud for an old woman" level. I wasn't seeking a booming system but I would have liked to crank up my fave tunes and actually feel like they were cranked! Lastly, Hyundai offers a 10 yr, 100K warranty but the things they require you to replace and maintain at OWNER expense was kind of ridiculous. For example, they have an air cabin filter in the vehicle the requires changing at 12K miles. Why? I don't smoke. I don't manufacture pollution inside the vehicle. But I had to replace it to maintain the warranty. Kinda crazy. And you have to BUY your own spare tire for the vehicle and it's not even a full size spare! $300! But .... I loved the car. I am actually in better financial shape now and I am on my way to look at another Elantra Coupe, this one used. (Hyundai stupidly discontinued the Coupe after just 2 years.) SO all in all, I would recommend the car, but expect some things you might be disappointed in!"

Worst car ever

By on Sunday, December 07, 2014

Pros: "NONE"

Cons: "Too many to list here. Pay a little more and get s"

"Fit and finish CHEAP. Its like trying to drive an ice skate, in the Winter. Noisy, poor ride, handling is awful"

Nice vehicle can act like a sports car are a famil

By on Tuesday, December 02, 2014

"Both my wife and I enjoy driving. She in family mode and I using the 6 speed shift."

Cheaply made, bad braking system, cheap paint

By on Friday, November 28, 2014

Pros: "none"

Cons: "no rear windshield wipers"

"Horrible paint job, scratches with ease, Interior feels like cheap plastic. Only had this car for 8 months. Feels like it is ready to fall apart. Will never buy a Hyundai again.."

Nice car for the money.

By on Monday, November 24, 2014

"Upgraded from an Accent hatchback and it was a great decision. Handles well and the ride is comfortable. Have not taken a long trip in it, so not sure how the comfort would be in that regard. Gets better than expected gas mileage and even better (at least 5 mpg) if you can find and use ethanol free gas. Plus, keeps the engine cleaner. Great car for the price. If you are thinking about getting one...get it."

Solid,strong(absolutely!) & + economy!

By on Friday, November 21, 2014

"Wife made trip to Illinois & back--1300 + miles..epa says 33mpg (GT model). Computer spat out 37.2mpg..... going by plain jane math--mileage divided by gallons..& I'm stil shaking my head over it..41.7 per gallon. Would think 1300 miles would be a good measuring stick! Not sure what to think--she usually drives 72-73 in 70 zones...car terrific so far.Heated seats plus..only 2 small details bother me-one..view out back-being hatch a bit more of a blind spot & secondly..can't just go thru satellite presets-have to run thru am & fm too- a small pain! Otherwise all good!"

Not worth the $, Poor gas mileage/costly flats.

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Pros: "body style and inside conveniences"

Cons: "No spare tire, poor bluetooth, lights burn out"

"To my family's dismay, I purchase a my Elentra with just looking at it. Its appearance is sleek and stylish. However, the goodness stops there. With a promise of "free towing" if you have a flat tire, the fine print was that they tow you to a dealership (only) and if it's after-hours, too bad… it's up to you to get a taxi to a car rental and you have to rent a car, get a hotel, etc. until the dealership opens to fix your tire. Then the rear lights have already burned out, before one year. Then the blue tooth drops EVERY call after 20 minutes. Finally, the gas mileage is NO WHERE near what is posted. I average about 23 mpg. Learn the lesson from me and don't be awe-struck with the looks.. it's the fine print that will have you paying in the long run. Compare with a more reliable Honda Civic."

3 months in and love almost everything

By on Thursday, November 06, 2014

Pros: "Awesome MPG and Stlye"

"Purchased in VA, live in NC and commute to VA for work. Avg MPG is actually closer to 40 on a daily basis. Interior design I love - Only wish my son couldn't reach the back of my seat with his feet. THAT gets annoying. This car (respectably named Black Betty) is a great zippy little car that I enjoy driving. my 1hr commute I look forward to after a long day at work. Road noise is minimal and the engine is quick to respond. exterior design I also love. Steering can be adjustable from "Sport" to "comfort". Although it's an automatic I can still control the shifting in a different setting."

Very Relyable

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pros: "Great price, great mileage."

Cons: "rides a little rough."

"this is a Hyundai Elantra limited. I'm disappointed that it doesn't have navigation and back up camera."

Very smooth ride for a car of this size.

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pros: "Great value"

Cons: "No spare tire,had to purchase myself"

"Smooth ride for a car of this size. Good fuel economy,30+MPG. Plenty of engine power."

Love the MPG

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

Pros: "Great MPG, excellent handling around corners"

Cons: "Don't like the headrest"

"The gas mileage is excellent and has exceeded what was listed on the window especially for highway miles. At less than 15,000 miles it already had a clinking sound in the back end. Still unsure what it is as it didn't get checked at the 15k mile service. Handles great around corners. My only true complaint is the head rest. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to make it go back towards the backseat. I have to take my rubberband out of my hair as it is too uncomfortable how forward it is. If there is an adjustment, I can't find it. Otherwise I like it."

Great Car for money. Great Value!

By on Saturday, October 18, 2014

"Lots of amenities for the money. Very solid feeling car that is fun to drive, easy to park, get great gas mileage, and is very functional with the hatchback."

I am a Toyota Convert!

By on Saturday, October 18, 2014

Pros: "Great Price, fun, fast, comfortable, sexy look"

Cons: "Rough roads-rough ride, navigtn is not user frdly"

"I love my car! It is comfortable and fast. I have the Limited with all the bells and whittles and it is worth every penny. This car is more fun than the Corolla and less expensive. If I don't get another Elantra, the Sonata will be my choice."

enjoy the car

By on Friday, October 17, 2014

"good value, dependable, attractive, good gas mileage. may be a little light weight-wise which make winter driving in certain conditions."