2013 Hyundai Elantra

8.1

Based on 385 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Amazing mid-sized interior for a compact price!!!

By on Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Pros: "Great MPG, stylish, handling, features"

Cons: "Daytime running lights only on with parking lights"

"I am shocked at how roomy this car is and even more amazed at how well it rides and handles. While all small cars typically have road noise, the Elantra has far less than my old Corolla and the ride feels much more secure. The list of options on even the GLS model are extensive and impressive. This is my first even Hyundai and so far, I am completely blown away by the overall quality and efficiency of this car."

Great car and a great price

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "a lot for the money for the limited model"

Cons: "less than expected mpg"

"I love this car!Great fun and great price for the fully loaded limited model,never thought I could get a nav screen and back up camera for the price I paid.Less than promised mpg around town,but reached 40mpg traveling to the beach this summer."

Excellent All Around Daily Driver

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

Pros: "Looks, handling, gas mileage, creature features"

Cons: "Road and engine noise"

"I leased my 2011 Elantra after weeks of test drives and research. It has lived up to expectations. Handling is crisp, braking decent, transmission is not as crisp as I would like but it does have a manual shift option, the ride is acceptably smooth, and the reliability has been outstanding. Oh, and the gas mileage is awesome. After 30,000 miles I've done the regular maintenance but other than that it has never been in the shop. It did have a recall for some seatbelt thing but I've never taken it in. The only complaints I have about the car are the road and engine noise getting into the cabin, the trunk hinges being what look like something designed in the 80s (they are inside the truck well, not outside like most all new models), and the paint is easy to scratch. Interior fit and finish is excellent, seats are 8 on a 10 scale for comfort (lots of adjustments you can make), the sound system is very nice, and the heat/a-c are quick to respond. I am seriously considering getting a 2014 Elantra. I've read the cabin is much quieter and they have made other refinements. There are a lot of options out their in this category so we'll see."

This is the best car I've ever had.

By on Monday, December 28, 2015

Pros: "Great value (limited edition) great gas mileage"

Cons: "Navigation screen hits sunlight glare"

"The only thing that needs to be changed is the location of the navigation screen. Sometimes the sun light will hit directly on the screen and there is a glare. Other than that I love this car!!"

Solid purchase

By on Sunday, May 29, 2016

Pros: "Comfortable drive, style, features"

Cons: "Backseat comfort, interior materials are avg."

"I purchased in May of 2015 and have since taken it to 2 road trips and accumulated 6k miles on it. I can honestly say its a solid purchase. Comfortable, full of features, looks amazing. Its fuel economy is "OK", only because it was rated at 27-37 city/hwy mpg, but I calculated 24-26 overall in mostly city/some highway driving. I love the driver selectable steering, the transmission is okay, you can on some occasions feel the transmission shift harshly, but rarely. Having been on those road trips, I've noticed some things. My passengers and I both agree that the back seats are not comfortable on long road trips, they're leather so I'm not sure this could be said about cloth seats. Our butts and backs were very sore at the 2 hour mark, stretching at each rest stop was a must, but the two front seats were Okay for the road trip. The car has a soft touch dash, and I thought that this material should have been distributed on the top part of the door trims and the lower part of the dash (i.e. above the glove box) as these are areas where people will be touching (I would be fine with a hard plastic dash) Perhaps this material belongs there to provide sound insulation? I am unsure. A/c compressor gave out at 10k miles, but per the dealership this does not happen to most Elantras, mines was one in a couple hundred thousand to have that happen. Towing and service were covered under warranty. Many Cali road trips later and this car remains a solid purchase. It's not that fun on the road like my old college car honda fit, but it sure is a lot more comfortable. Its also full of features and has a large interior volume. As I leave the car I always have to take a second look because of its amazing style both front and back. Will keep for the next couple years."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Elantra near Honolulu. See local deals