2013 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,846 - $20,467.

7.9

Based on 264 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

7.5/10

Bad in Snow

By on Monday, June 16, 2014

Pros: "value for the $, lots of conveniences"

Cons: "poor winter traction, road noise, underpowered"

"I leased this vehicle & its just ok. It is really bad in the snow/winter. My tires spin constantly w/no traction & am unable to make it up my driveway if there is more than a dusting of snow. Overall, nicely equipped car for the money. The car is underpowered & passing ability stinks. Will probably switch to Subaru for AWD or a better front wheel drive option."

2014 Elantra SE, manual transmission

By on Thursday, June 12, 2014

Pros: "Fun, roomy, zoomy."

Cons: "Dead pedal"

Just before driving her home for the first time.

"I purchased this vehicle new. Compared to 3 others in its class but this one had everything I wanted at a great price. Comparable leg room to 2014 Corolla, larger than the others - Mazda3 and Dart. Has about the same amount of zoom as the Mazda, but roomier. I commute almost 80 miles per day and am comfortable the entire time. The ONLY thing that I have found that could be improved upon is the dead pedal, it just isn't tall enough for a size 12 men's. The hard rear seatbacks are great for protecting from kid's feet. I love driving a manual again! Averaging 38 mpg."

Just before driving her home for the first time.

Buyer Beware

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "good value, sporty exterior, nice dash lights"

Cons: "extremely uncomfortable, no tight steering"

"I bought this car less than a month ago and already have buyer's remorse. It was my first time buying a car so I have learned a lot about the whole car buying process. DO NOT allow the salesman in the test drive. Ask if you can take the car home for atleast a weekend. That way you will know if you really can drive this car. This is the most uncomfortable car I have ever driven. I am 5'2 and have never had a problem wit a car seat. The seat juts out and hits my knees at a very painful angle. I am literally in pain if I drove over 30 minutes. There really isn't a place to rest your arms if you are short like me. Also, the windows have started irriating me. They come up pretty high and I do not feel like I have a good view around me. This might be a moot point if you are taller than me, but be advised if you are on the shorter side. I drove a Maxima for almost 12 years and realize this is a superior car. I should have just stuck with Nissan."

mediocre at best

By on Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Pros: "looks cute"

Cons: "see above. too many to list in 50 char or less."

"First, the car is cute and has some get up and go when I need to get up and go. I like the heated seats in front and back. I don't like that I have to turn on recycled air EVERY TIME I turn off the heater/air conditioner. If you don't turn on recycled air, the air continues to blow, even with the fan in the off position. Outside air is apparently the default position and I have to change it EVERY TIME I turn the car off and back on. I don't like that I can't run the defroster without using outside air, again, when you turn off the blower, it continues to blow until you hit the recycled air button, which is a driving distraction because you have to look down to do it. This is not a good thing while driving in heavy traffic, but neither is the air continuously blowing and drying out my eyes. the "leather" and I use this term loosely, is peeling on the driver's seat. It doesn't seem like real leather would have a layer that would peel off like cheap vinyl. The car has WAY too many blind spots. You can't see cars that are to the right or left of you if they are slightly ahead or behind you. You can't see curbs to navigate them. I have to roll the window down and physically stick my head out the window to make sure I'm not going to hit a curb, and it's very important not to hit the curbs...more about that in a moment. I have to open the door and look to make sure I'm within the lines when I'm parking in a parking lot. The seat is set low, and it has a higher setting, but at the higher setting, if I hit even the slightest bump I hit my head on the roof. I'm only 5'9" so it's not like I'm a hugely tall person that is used to hitting their head on the roof of a car. The car does not come with a spare tire, not even a donut, nor does it come with a road hazard warranty. It comes with a “tire inflation kit” which I couldn’t figure out how to use as there are no instructions. This is why it is so important to roll down the window and watch to make sure you don’t hit the curb, because since the tires are so low-profile, they pop very easily. I had to replace 3 tires within a month of purchasing the car. 2 of them popped the steel and made huge bubbles that could lead to a blowout at the same time when I hit a pothole that I couldn’t see because the blind spots are so bad. I took the car to the dealership and they told me I would have to buy 2 new tires because there was no road hazard warranty. I then took the car to a tire shop (I wish I could mention names here because they were awesome). They called the manufacturer, who authorized them to sell me 2 tires for the price of one and warranty all four tires. (They are the ones that informed me that I had no spare tire, btw) This came in handy a couple weeks later when I hit a curb while going around a corner (again, blind spot, on the passenger side) and had a blowout. Luckily my insurance company pays for towing, because I had to have the car towed to the same tire shop and they replaced the tire for free this time. I would love to get rid of this car but I am upside down on it as the Hyundai has terrible resale value. The car has low mileage and runs great, but even in excellent condition with low mileage, after less than 2 years, the car has depreciated about $8000. Maybe it might not even be considered excellent condition since the "leather" is peeling on the seat. Overall, I am VERY unhappy with this car, and have been making extra principal payments on it so I can trade it in ASAP."

Love this car

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Bought it right out of the showroom !

"The quality and price of this car is unbeatable. The roominess and comfort of a sedan, yet still sporty. The gas mileage is excellent and is very easy to drive. The trunk is very roomy and the back seats fold down too. Fit an 8 ft ladder with no problem!"

Bought it right out of the showroom !

See if you qualify for