2013 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,997 - $20,578.

7.9

Based on 260 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

7.5/10

Overpriced for quality and range

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

Pros: "Nice interior and good turning radius"

Cons: "Cheaply made, lousy mileage"

"Pros: Interior is comfortable, looks nice, and controls are arranged well. Handles nicely, good turning radius. It's roomier that one would expect in a small car. Infant car seat fits very easily and securely. Climate control is slow but works OK once it's at the right temperature. Cons: Bought the car at 30,000 miles. Transmission failed at 36,000. Rough ride when pavement is not perfectly smooth. Mileage is very low for a new, small car--25.5 mpg. Pick-up is very slow, especially at lower speeds (5 to 35 mph), so in the hilly area I live, a lot of gas is wasted just getting started. I think the difficulty in cooling the interior and need to have the AC high for a long period may also cut into the mileage. In Hyundai forums, the people who get good mileage live in flat, open areas with straight highways. The body is very cheaply constructed. The price seems reasonable, but the product is cheaply made, so it's really overpriced for what you get. Hyundai dealerships are few and far between, so getting the car fixed can be a hassle. It also takes a long time to get parts; my transmission took six days to replace. I've heard the parts have to come from Korea."

A Good Choice

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

"I've owned this car for one year and I really like it. The exterior of the vehicle looks great - very sporty and shines beautifully when waxed. The interior is so-so. You can tell Hyundai skimped on the interior due to the cheap plastic it's made from. It has modern features such as bluetooth compatibility, SiriusXM radio and USB ports. There's a lot of room even though the car looks small. My brother is 6'3 and had no issues sitting comfortably. Mileage is about 28 city and 32 highway. I have a bit of a lead foot so it could be higher. There are blind spots on the left and right corners of the driver's side windshield which are pretty severe. Also the front windshield and back window fogs up very easily. In the winter I had to keep the defroster on all the time. Even in the summer I found myself turning it on early in the morning. The handling is responsive and pickup is more than enough for passing on the highway. The car gets pushed around easily, however. And any tiny bump in the road jerks the car around. The engine constantly makes a ticking noise. I've noticed this on all the Hyundai models I've driven. Despite its flaws this car has good gas mileage, looks great and is fun to drive around."

Love it

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

Pros: "Great MPG"

Cons: "Not all windows are auto"

"Comfortable to drive and gets awesome gas mileage. People are always surprised at how big the trunk is. I love my car. Going to keep it for a long time!"

good mileage, period.

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage."

Cons: "Terrible blind spots and rear view for backing up."

"Good car, great gas mileage. Front pillar has disgusting blind spot. Rear quarter blind spot the same. Could use back-up camera. Can't see to back up."

Not too shabby!

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, pep"

Cons: "Road noise? Can't really think of any.."

"This is the first car I've ever had payments on. I bought it used with 36k (mostly highway) about 3 months ago and I am still so happy with it. I've been used to big rugged SUVs with 13mpg so this was a huge change. The gas mileage isn't quite as high as what I have read, but considering I fill up HALF as much and the cost is significantly less, I am not making a fuss. The road noise is a bit more than I'm used to, since I am closer to the ground.. But again, I'm not making a fuss. My main concern was price and gas mileage and this car has kept me very happy. I'm 5'10" but surprisingly I don't feel cramped in this car. I've seen some pretty nasty reviews on this car, but maybe I'm just easy to please and laid back, but I have been very happy with this purchase."