2013 Hyundai Elantra

8.0

Based on 336 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

7.6/10

Cost - Dollar per Dollar, Elantra is Unbeatable

By on Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Pros: "Looks, Interior & Cargo Space, MPG, Value 4 money"

Cons: "Rear passenger greenhouse, road noise on bad roads"

"I have owned this vehicle(SE Auto with Preferred Pkg) for about 10 months, 10,000 miles now and I am in absolute love with it. A lot of features/Car for the price, be it convenience or comfort. My expectations were less when I chose a compact class car over the mid-size sedans but Elantra had exceeded my expectations well. My primary use is for commute to work and the Elantra does an exceptional job. Heated front seats helped a lot in Minnesota winters. Some competitors do not even offer them. Overall build quality is good, except for some creaking noise on the door handles inside. Nice touch of having two 12-Volt car power outlets, really helps when my spouse wants to charge her cellphone while I am charging mine. The 4 inch touchscreen even though is small is still adequate for the rear camera display. Radio listeners will love having the XM satellite radio receiver standard(initial 3 months trail is free) apart from standard AM/FM, single CD-MP3 and AUX/USB options. Drive is very smooth on well paved tarmac roads but road noise seeps in as soon as you hit Concrete(bridges, some toll roads)or badly paved roads. This is not that I cannot live with but more sound deadening material will improve the overall experience. My only gripe would be the glass window area for the rear passengers, the curvy and swoopy lines outside, did take some glass area out of rear passengers, some of my rear seat passengers felt claustrophobic. I hear a lot of people complaining about the car is not giving as much mpg as estimated and I do not understand those people for these reasons & few things I do to get the most out of this car: A) For god's sake these are estimates(meaning on standard testing conditions) which is not the case in our day to day, Stop and Go traffic. B) Being Gentle on Gas, meaning avoid to rev beyond 2000-2500 rpm and I do 65 mph on highways, these cars are not designed for race or atleast traffic light races - I get around 35 mpg combined(70% highways & 30% City). Lastly, if you can treat it as an appliance(like a fridge or washing machine), it can last really longer. Overall, worth the money spent."

Some things to ponder??

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pros: "good price and and ok driving experience"

Cons: "need rear cup holders"

"We like this car, good mileage and descent interior room. Just wish it had a little more power for climbing hills and passing. The trunk is small and they don't give you a spare tire. Spare is replaced with an inflation product good for flats but not a blow out, so if your in the middle of nowhere and no cell service it can be a hazard for all."

Great value for the money

By on Thursday, October 06, 2011

Pros: "Styling, gas milage"

Cons: "No power seating, no climate control"

"Better exterior styling than all others in class. Nicely layed-out and functional interior. When driving for fuel economy my car gets right around 44 mpg on freeway\32 mpg combined. With the sport tires, and relatively stiff suspension, occupants can feel the road some. Handles well. Really should have drivers side power seat function. Regardless, it has heated front and rear leatherette seating, bluetooth capability, a handy usb port, voice controlled communication,sunroof and much more, all standard. This is one of, if not the best option if you are in the market for a car in this class."

Comfortable - Fun to drive

By on Sunday, January 27, 2013

"Bought this car primarily for work. I drive about 40-45,000 miles a year. Have a 2012 Santa Fe and love it. Got the Elantra for the gas mileage and I love the look of the car. Got the 2 door with 17" alloy wheels and moon roof but no tech package. I'm 6'1" and need to watch I don't whack my head when I get in, but once inside there is plenty of room and the seats are very comfortable especially on a long ride. Gas mileage is much better than my Santa Fe of course, but not what was advertised. I haven't reached 35 mpg yet even on the longest, flattest, straightest highways. And the miles per gallon calculator in the dash overstates what I'm getting by as much as 2-3 mpg. Have put 6000 miles on it in 3 months so I hope the mpg does improve. Brakes are a little grabby when you need to hit them hard, otherwise the ride is relatively smooth and the steering responsive. Trunk is also very roomy for this size car. My golf clubs fit easily. Love the bluetooth feature but it is hard to hear the person on the other end. This feature in my Santa Fe is excellent. Much clearer and louder. All in all for $20,000 I think it's a terrific vehicle."

Love my Elantra

By on Friday, December 21, 2012

Pros: "Features, price, stylish, fuel economy."

"Previous corolla owner. This car was like a discovery to me, so roomy, comfortable, a lot of standard features for the money, beautiful out and inside. Receive compliments all the time. I drive about 70 miles daily averaging 37 mpg. On highways, I have seen up to 43 mpg."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Elantra near Honolulu. See local deals