2013 Hyundai Elantra

8.1

Based on 345 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

7.6/10

Some things to ponder??

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pros: "good price and and ok driving experience"

Cons: "need rear cup holders"

"We like this car, good mileage and descent interior room. Just wish it had a little more power for climbing hills and passing. The trunk is small and they don't give you a spare tire. Spare is replaced with an inflation product good for flats but not a blow out, so if your in the middle of nowhere and no cell service it can be a hazard for all."

Great value for the money

By on Thursday, October 06, 2011

Pros: "Styling, gas milage"

Cons: "No power seating, no climate control"

"Better exterior styling than all others in class. Nicely layed-out and functional interior. When driving for fuel economy my car gets right around 44 mpg on freeway\32 mpg combined. With the sport tires, and relatively stiff suspension, occupants can feel the road some. Handles well. Really should have drivers side power seat function. Regardless, it has heated front and rear leatherette seating, bluetooth capability, a handy usb port, voice controlled communication,sunroof and much more, all standard. This is one of, if not the best option if you are in the market for a car in this class."

Comfortable - Fun to drive

By on Sunday, January 27, 2013

"Bought this car primarily for work. I drive about 40-45,000 miles a year. Have a 2012 Santa Fe and love it. Got the Elantra for the gas mileage and I love the look of the car. Got the 2 door with 17" alloy wheels and moon roof but no tech package. I'm 6'1" and need to watch I don't whack my head when I get in, but once inside there is plenty of room and the seats are very comfortable especially on a long ride. Gas mileage is much better than my Santa Fe of course, but not what was advertised. I haven't reached 35 mpg yet even on the longest, flattest, straightest highways. And the miles per gallon calculator in the dash overstates what I'm getting by as much as 2-3 mpg. Have put 6000 miles on it in 3 months so I hope the mpg does improve. Brakes are a little grabby when you need to hit them hard, otherwise the ride is relatively smooth and the steering responsive. Trunk is also very roomy for this size car. My golf clubs fit easily. Love the bluetooth feature but it is hard to hear the person on the other end. This feature in my Santa Fe is excellent. Much clearer and louder. All in all for $20,000 I think it's a terrific vehicle."

Love my Elantra

By on Friday, December 21, 2012

Pros: "Features, price, stylish, fuel economy."

"Previous corolla owner. This car was like a discovery to me, so roomy, comfortable, a lot of standard features for the money, beautiful out and inside. Receive compliments all the time. I drive about 70 miles daily averaging 37 mpg. On highways, I have seen up to 43 mpg."

Went to buy a different car but loved this one!

By on Saturday, September 01, 2012

Pros: "Lots of standard features, excellent gas mileage"

Cons: "smaller than average cup holders, Pricey options"

"I have only had the car for a few days but my initial impression is that I'm extremely pleased. I wanted to buy the Hyundai Veloster but it had way too many blind spots. 10 years ago I bought a brand new Hyundai Tiburon and it's still running strong. I gave it to my younger brother who drives it now while attending medical school. I purchased a base model GT automatic. The 2 optional packages are way over priced in my opinion. I mount my android phone on the dash and use it for GPS so I didn't need a gps unit. The back-up camera is useless because there are very few blind spots in this car so I didn't need that either. The base model is pretty loaded if you ask me. Power windows, door locks, power steering, bluetooth XM capable stereo, dual heated seats and much more are all part of the base package! The car drives beautifully and is actually more quiet on the freeway than my 2007 Toyota Rav4. I sold my V6 Rav4 to get better mpg since I drive a lot for my work. There are 3 steering modes (normal, sport and comfort) that make the steering looser or tighter based on what you need. I keep it at normal most of the time. There is an eco button that reduces horse power but increases milage. I am getting more like 42-43 MPG on the highway vs the estimated 39 MPG but I drive at or just above 65mph most of the time. At first glance I couldn't understand why this car costs the same or more than the Veloster but now I know why. There is much more room in the back seats, the car drives smoother, gets better mileage (no matter what Hyundai claims about the Veloster), has more horsepower than the Veloster, has much better visibility and is a better overall value. It's sporty looking but roomy on the inside. Its not a "fast" car by any means but it's more than capable of keeping up with traffic. Its a fun car to drive and has standard feature of cars costing $7,000 more. I'm one of the first few people to own the Elantra GT but I can see this car quickly becoming extremely popular."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Elantra near Honolulu. See local deals